Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Wrong Fred!

....and where is the air pump?

I may well own one...but the mocha is very much the period charmer... 80's cobra alarm, pump delete, Rod Stewart in the original factory tape deck...

I may yet do an A/C compressor delete

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/5067-930-air-pump/

did taz ever get that report?

Did Greg find a pump?

Edited by michel

Dang smit u Rok.. Where you been? 

Still lurking, but not par taking in much typing.  Not much moving it seems.  Did any one catch the black 996 tt in Vic that came on with the stock Techno  rims (Eg Third separate campaign in under a year as I recall with only one sale and that was outside of my previously shared  guidance range (a tip, not on the high end of the range).   Also seems to be a lack of a long post for a while and Symsy and TurboT have given me some good short posts as an entree for a long one to change it up a bit. (this is not it, albeit its long).  

In terms of where have I been, recently was on a sabbatical and was just a bit preoccupied amongst other things seeing and working out what I actually brought along with getting the 996TT exposed to some low level UV light on the Duco as opposed to it seeing no UV  except for when doors in the garage are opened up.    Been trading time spent  typing words to mainly typing digits(part numbers)  into google, emails to suppliers and spreadsheets in my spare time.   Eg With DJM's power levels of his GT2 retained  into my memory bank and now having joined the club of having access to driving a Porsche, been tinkering around on what I need to do along with the associated cost to get that GT2 feeling more permanently entrenched into the memory bank.  My first drive of a Porsche (996tt)  left me in awe of the presence and handling on the road, but at the same time feeling a bit empty in terms of  lack of  fun factor  / performance in terms of boost available down low in the rev range and delivering the associated torque and power where you can use it more readily.  Also doesn't deliver anywhere near that brutal / instantaneous kick you back in the seat feeling I got in the GT2 and I get even in my own beater car.  The 996 turbo in stock guise (as I expected)  lacks the power delivery that I am used to, but at the same time makes my daily feel like a billy cart handling wise. (used to make that analogy of mine vs an old school WRX).   

So procrastinating is done, I think I  now have a parts / fluids list essentially locked down (exceeding 120 lines and the cost column looks like it would be a decent downpayment towards  rock bottom  early 911 UK import) that I will chip away at to eventually get to my goal and justify moving into a Porsche 996 tt.   

PS I can highly recommend a Kline Exhaust with 100 cell HJS cats (from  RSHouse in Sydney) on a 996TT.  Only driven the car for about fours hours in total and half that time was in stock guise and half with the Kline Exhaust.  Great first mod to start the ball rolling and I'm 100% with most of the USA 996 turbo owners and a couple of 996 Turbo owners on here .  Eg Why you would leave a 996tt with the stock exhaust on and no tune (that is coming next) is beyond me(except perhaps if you are selling and see value taking it back to stock).   The Kline setup appears to deliver more than the reported 20plus hp based on my butt dyno.  Much much better throttle response, no drone, not over the top in or outside the cabin and the note is just way better, particularly up near 5000 rpm's (eg shades of the DJM's 996 GT2 exhaust note).

PS What's the deal with the 996 tt stock clutch.   Back to back moving of cars into / out of the garage and my single mass flywheel clutch in my daily which is super light compared to most single mass setups requires at least 400% more pedal effort to change gear compared to the 996 tt .   Also the engagement seems very high up and very very on / off and not much scope to feather it all.  Is that a Porsche trait????

Edited by smit2100

The thought did cross my mind, but I had already purchased a new roof and rear quarters from Porsche plus all original 911E front guards, bonnet, doors, decklid, bumpers and interior from an awesome contact in the US.  I also now have a 71 E engine for the purple beast too. 

As promised over a few beers, the "disrobing" of KLASSY's inbred cousin, KLASSSSSY, has begun....

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/9046-disrobing-klassssy-de-959-ing/

^^ Smit (can't quote you, takes too much space!) - here I was thinking your keyboard had melted down.  Thankfully not!

Re fun factor, maybe pull the TC/SC fuse and toss the front driveshafts and you'll be getting there.  I chased JimTT in the wet through Reefton Spur on an SMT one time.  He got out at Marysville having had fun and looking pretty fresh, I was sweating and picking seat fabric out of my date........is that what you mean by fun?  Invigorating.......

Edited by DJM

more chance of selling a car at 'Gosford Musuem' rather than 'Duttons Museum' ;) 

Your dislike for Dutton is tres amusing. Perhaps it is a museum that covers its costs? Perhaps that's exactly what the owners had in mind as its not like they haven't already earned their crust. I'd kill to own such a thing and I reckon they're living the dream personally.

Your dislike for Dutton is tres amusing. Perhaps it is a museum that covers its costs? Perhaps that's exactly what the owners had in mind as its not like they haven't already earned their crust. I'd kill to own such a thing and I reckon they're living the dream personally.

dislike is taking it a bit far :)  Guess they fund their Porsche collection by shifting a load of lambos?

Whilst we mention museums , easily the best car museum is the one that is used as a part time garage by it's enthusiast members. Everything is rolling stock.

The other types just make me, as an enthusiast , feel sad. The cars are in essence , dying if not dead. 

I had a look at this 78 Targa at Buik Motorworks last week for a friend. I'm only posting it here, incase anyone is after a good Targa and not bothered by the UK thing, its well worth an inspection/consideration. I'm not much of a Targa fan, yet was drawn to the car, because it was in such good condition. The further I dug, the better it got in my opinion.

Its a UK car and in very good nick. I looked at all the rust spots, and its practically flawless (except for a couple of very small dings on the rh front guard and door from a pushbike being dropped nearby)

Has had a repaint by the looks of it, and an engine and gearbox rebuild 30,000kays ago (or so I believe going by the receipts) and a new Targa top. Interior is very clean. Pan looks rust free. 

I drove it on behalf of a mate that was keen (he has since purchased something else), and its a bloody nice car. Seats, wheels and the Momo steering wheel (no fan of that!) are not original. It's been in Oz many years. 1985 I think it came here. Price is around $50k, though contact Craig at Buik Motorworks to confirm price, as I have no financial interest in the car, nor am I on any commission

Feel free to call me if you want to talk about it

20160524_104237.jpg