What's putting a smile on your dial?

As I posted in the Vent thread last week, my son got whacked by some loser at football.  :angry:

Well on Saturday that loser was yellow carded twice, in successive quarters.  2 Yellows in one game is an instant report.  Well my intel  told me last night (footy league official) that he got 2 weeks suspension.  :D 

Just had 10 wonderful days in Fiji for our honeymoon! Great weather, very friendly (mostly) people and excellent weather!

Now back to reality and local weather.... :)

Did you go to the big souvineer shops, drink their complimentary Fiji bitter, then say you don't want to buy that $700 mask after all. Then move on to the next one and do the same? I did that 3 times in one week in Nadi. Till they worked me out and banned me from the shop

Did you go to the big souvineer shops, drink their complimentary Fiji bitter, then say you don't want to buy that $700 mask after all. Then move on to the next one and do the same? I did that 3 times in one week in Nadi. Till they worked me out and banned me from the shop

No free beer offered in the shops, maybe they stopped doing that after your visits ;) (how long ago were you there?)

Got a bit sick of all the "hawkers" trying to get your money - mainly tourist shops and taxi drivers!!

No free beer offered in the shops, maybe they stopped doing that after your visits ;) (how long ago were you there?)

Got a bit sick of all the "hawkers" trying to get your money - mainly tourist shops and taxi drivers!!

2003 was the last time I was there. I love the place. The Tongan Fijians are such nice people.

2003 was the last time I was there. I love the place. The Tongan Fijians are such nice people.

The Fijians are very nice indeed.

Nadi may have changed a bit since you were there? Not really the most tourist friendly place....

Had the pleasure of staying at he RYDGES on Mt Panorama last night. Great hotel, but that's not what is putting a smile on my face.

This morning before we headed for the Blue Mountains, I did a few laps of the circuit.. Been there a few times in the past as a photographer (back in the good old Skyline and Sierra days)and drinking copious amounts of cool refreshers, but never actually driven it before.

Gives you a strange feeling to know that there have been many many hero's in cars and on bikes that have been challenging this mountain since 1938. THAT.....put a smile on my face.

Love the way they leave everything in place. 60 KMPH limit is a bugger...but at least you can access it.

Then did the Museum there, fantastic. Chockers with Bikes and cars. Really well run. Definitely worth a look if your there.

Enquired about a room at Bathurst time. We had a self contained room on the 3rd floor. That room would be $1000.00 per night and you must take it for 5 nights. That includes brekky and tickets to the track for those days. They would allow 3 in the room.

Hmmmmm.

The Tunnel

Sitting together on a train travelling through the Swiss Alps, were a 

Kiwi guy, an Australian bloke, a little old Greek lady, and a young 

blonde Swiss girl with large breasts. 

The train goes into a dark tunnel and a few seconds later there is the sound of a loud slap. 

When the train emerges from the tunnel, the Kiwi has a bright red hand print on his cheek. 

No one speaks.

The old lady thinks:

The Kiwi guy must have groped the blonde in the dark, and she slapped his cheek.

The blonde Swiss girl thinks:

That Kiwi guy must have tried to grope me in the dark, but missed and fondled the old lady and she slapped his cheek.

The Kiwi thinks:

The Aussie bloke must have groped the blonde in the dark. She tried to slap him but missed and got me instead.. 

The Aussie thinks:

I can't wait for another tunnel so I can smack that bloody Kiwi again.

Took my 4 yo son to the bike park in the 67 Merc and then for a nice hour drive on some twisty roads :D

Ah , I remember those days!

Last night I took James to his cross country training and supervised the squad in our lovely winter weather for 1 1/2 hours. Yes,  it was miserable!  And it took us 45 mins to get home from the Domain.

But as the fella has learnt , it does no harm to be cold wet and miserable,  at least once in your life. But if you get to drive home in a fine German auto , life ain't so bad  :)