What's putting a smile on your dial?

Cheers guys. We will do some further looking at open for inspections. More you look the better you buy.

I grew up in a property in Kyneton. So I'm a country girl really :)

It's all about quality Amanda, light, orientation, views etc. not just size alone will make a great room - it takes more! Terrace houses are generally pretty horrible in terms of quality amenity being dark, long corridors and never designed specifically for their locations.

No, I'm not taking a tangent - talking spaces makes me smile. (See what I did there.......!)

Cheers everyone. We are just investigating the idea for now. In reality it may not happen in 2015. We may just stay put and put what you would spend on stamps duty in a new kitchen and a bit of landscaping in out current home.

I don't want a terrace or another townhouse. Prefer a brick free standing home with a driveway and rear garage at the end of the driveway if possible.

It's a nice hobby researching homes!

Not this weather :) But my little sister is coming down from North Queensland for a visit and my awesome wife is taking all the kids to the movies on Saturday so lil' sis and I can indulge in a chauffeured wine tour of the Barossa. Pick up and drop off at my door.

Not this weather :) But my little sister is coming down from North Queensland for a visit and my awesome wife is taking all the kids to the movies on Saturday so lil' sis and I can indulge in a chauffeured wine tour of the Barossa. Pick up and drop off at my door.

Langmeil has to be on the list.  If you get there you gotsta try their Valley Floor Shiraz and the Three Gardens blend.  I think they have 2012 vintages in the cellar door ATM. Two of the nicest Barossa reds you can get. 

Says me, while chugging away on an 05 Mirrool Creek Cab Shiraz.  Like drinking angel's tears.

I knows it's ACA, but my daughter has been working on an investigative journalism story and started a campaign against an Australian business plagiarising others works.

So, I'm smiling as she got airtime

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8974904/the-truth-about-ashy-bines

The finding of the 11 year old boy with autism missing in the bush near lake Eildon for 5 days earlier today. As parents of a severely autistic child we feared this wouldn't end well. But the outstanding searchers who refused to give up brought this to a very happy end.

Well done to everyone involved!

SteveF: Apart from Langmeil, these are the choices for after lunch at Cafe Y. Kies, Seppeltsfield, Langmeil, Rusden, Rockford, Artisans of Barossa. before lunch is Penfolds, Tscharke, Torbreck, Two Hands or Murray St Vineyards.

We can only visit a max of 5 during the day. So far I have been suggested Rockford as well. If there are any good ones that I miss, I am lucky enough to only live a 25 minutes drive away (Hewett).

I knows it's ACA, but my daughter has been working on an investigative journalism story and started a campaign against an Australian business plagiarising others works.

So, I'm smiling as she got airtime

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8974904/the-truth-about-ashy-bines

I saw that story Chris she did well.

Langmeil has to be on the list.  If you get there you gotsta try their Valley Floor Shiraz and the Three Gardens blend.  I think they have 2012 vintages in the cellar door ATM. Two of the nicest Barossa reds you can get. 

Says me, while chugging away on an 05 Mirrool Creek Cab Shiraz.  Like drinking angel's tears.

Clearly we have here a man of very discerning taste ^^ 12 is a good vintage from them... :) 

You forgot to give the fifth wave Grenache a shout out though! Well if you're into that kind of thing readers  :)  

Orphan bank Shiraz, if its available cellar door is also worth picking up. 

Clearly we have here a man of very discerning taste ^^ 12 is a good vintage from them... :)

You forgot to give the fifth wave Grenache a shout out though! Well if you're into that kind of thing readers   :)

Orphan bank Shiraz, if its available cellar door is also worth picking up. 

I think 2012 was a good vintage all round, but especially in the Barossa. 

As a mainstream wine type, Grenache is a bit "old school" for most, but that's not to say it's any less an enjoyable variety.  Firm and fruity, and a little spicy.  It's making a bit of a resurgence. 

But I reckon Penfolds - you can't go past the Bin 28 Kalimna.  Chateau Yaldara - I like their Galway Vintage Shiraz.  And if you're into dessert wines, grab a cheese platter and a back-vintage bottle of Gramps Noble Late Harvest Botrytis Semillon, and enjoy the flavours.  And if you fancy something really special, sell your Porscheand buy a bottle of Henschke's Hill Of Grace.

Most cellar doors will have back-vintages kicking around out of sight.  You just have to ask.  You'll generally pay a few dollars more, but normally it's worth it.

My wine of this week is an Anderson Hill 2012 (again) Cabernet Merlot from Lenswood in the Adelaide Hills. 

Maybe we should start a new thread. What's your favourite wine & cheese?

I came on here to gloat a bit and say yesterday my son played his first footy match for this season. He was 2nd best.  He only played 4 games last year due to various reasons. He'd played 15 seasons straight, since he was 5, sometimes playing 2 or 3 games a week, and felt like he needed a break.  We got the vibe that he had had enough and was giving it away.  He now has a renewed enthusiasm.  Should be back in our local club A grade soon. 

5188.gif

One of my team members brought her two young kids into the office as her son is car mad. I took him and his sister around the block in the Porsche. They were so excited. The look on their faces made my day. I think I have set him up for an expensive hobby in the future!