What's putting a smile on your dial?

Yahoo smile on my face......... :D

Got the yellow one back from the sick bay this morning.   

New Water Pump, new main drive belt, and some new struts for the rear boot.

Headed off home on the Peninsula Link roof down loving the car again, music up.

Thinking how good life is and how good is this car.... B) .

THEN

UH HO   Smile wiped off my face. :(  

Engine for a brief moment sounded a little off (FISTER EXHAUST growling in third)  Is it me am I imagining that??? :unsure:

THEN......nothing...no power at all... had been sitting on 100 clicks . :o

headed straight for the emergency lane.  

Got in safely enough.    Car had cut out.   Tried to start it...turned over but nothing.

Rang Shaun at Jocaro.   Looks like possible fuel pump.   Damn....

Anyway, some nice advice from SHAUN for you who do not know this (like me)

Lock the car with the remote.   Open the car with the remote.    Try to start the car.

Bingo...fires up  appears to sound ok. :)

Return the car to Jocaro, they put the tester thingy me jig on the cars black box.

Crankshaft sensor giving indication, it is not quite 100%    This apparently effects fuel etc 

So...... it might play up again or it might not. 

Anyway, can't take the chance it might play up, so booked in again next week for replacement sensor to be fitted.

Then got a phone call from TRACTION TYRES letting me know my new tyres are in

SMILE back on face. :D   Booked in for new boots Monday.

BRING ON CANBERRA 20 SLEEPS

Yahoo smile on my face......... :D

Got the yellow one back from the sick bay this morning.   

New Water Pump, new main drive belt, and some new struts for the rear boot.

Headed off home on the Peninsula Link roof down loving the car again, music up.

Thinking how good life is and how good is this car.... B) .

THEN

UH HO   Smile wiped off my face. :(  

Engine for a brief moment sounded a little off (FISTER EXHAUST growling in third)  Is it me am I imagining that??? :unsure:

THEN......nothing...no power at all... had been sitting on 100 clicks . :o

headed straight for the emergency lane.  

Got in safely enough.    Car had cut out.   Tried to start it...turned over but nothing.

Rang Shaun at Jocaro.   Looks like possible fuel pump.   Damn....

Anyway, some nice advice from SHAUN for you who do not know this (like me)

Lock the car with the remote.   Open the car with the remote.    Try to start the car.

Bingo...fires up  appears to sound ok. :)

Return the car to Jocaro, they put the tester thingy me jig on the cars black box.

Crankshaft sensor giving indication, it is not quite 100%    This apparently effects fuel etc 

So...... it might play up again or it might not. 

Anyway, can't take the chance it might play up, so booked in again next week for replacement sensor to be fitted.

Then got a phone call from TRACTION TYRES letting me know my new tyres are in

SMILE back on face. :D   Booked in for new boots Monday.

BRING ON CANBERRA 20 SLEEPS

Still got time for a respray on thursday

I'm negotiating for a property that has 6 acres, 4 bedrooms, rumpus room, dlug and two bays of lock up garage. The shed has six bays lock up, five of which are two deep, one with a high roof suitable for a two post hoist. The single bay has a shower and toilet. Guess where I will spend lots of time. :)

Negotiation has been successful. My family is ecstatic.

Great deal for everyone. Will post pics when I exchange.

Scheesh..... now I just gotta pay for it

Tailgaters beware

You might be in a rush but driving up the you-know-what of the car in front won’t get you there any quicker.

It’s not just dangerous, it’s an offence that could get you a fine of 1 demerit point and $140.

As part of an initiative to reduce road crashes on southern Tasmanian roads, this month police are on the lookout for those who follow too closely.

Drivers in 50km/h zones should leave a 2 second gap to the vehicle in front, in an 80km/h zone this should be approximately 3 seconds and in 100km/h zones drivers should increase the space to 4 seconds.

From Tas police ; good one!

Except what's with the increasing time gap?

I've always worked on the 2 second rule, because the distance automagically increases as the speed rises.

Yep me too, two seconds and in the wet at least double that.  

But you can't go wrong with the advice given from Mr Plod in Tassy

Yellow Terror just discharged from hospital, appears to be completely cured. :D

Bit more expensive than expected, but thats just part and parcel of P ownership I guess. :(

Big thing is its home, and just about ready for Canberra... B)

Heading off now to get those new tyres fitted :) ........hopefully without stopping on the way :huh:

A police officer pulls over a speeding car. 

The officer says, ' I clocked you at 120 km/h, sir.' 

The driver says, 'Gee, officer I had it on cruise control at 100, perhaps your radar gun needs calibrating.' 

Not looking up from her knitting the wife says: 'Now don't be silly dear, you know that this car doesn't have cruise control.' 

As the officer writes out the ticket, the driver looks over at his wife and growls, 'Can't you please keep your mouth shut for once?'

The wife smiles demurely and says, 'You should be thankful your radar detector went off when it did.' 

As the officer makes out the second ticket for the illegal radar detector unit, the man glowers at his wife and says through clenched teeth, 'F...k it woman, can't you keep your mouth shut?' 

The officer frowns and says, 'And I notice that you're not wearing your seat belt, sir. That's an automatic $75 fine.' 

The driver says, 'Yeah, well, you see officer, I had it on, but took it off when you pulled me over so that I could get my license out of my back pocket.' 

The wife says, 'Now, dear, you know very well that you didn't have your seat belt on. You never wear your seat belt when you're driving.' 

And as the police officer is writing out the third ticket the driver turns to his wife and barks, 'WHY DON'T You shut the f..k up? 

The officer looks over at the woman and asks, 'Does your husband always talk to you this way, Ma'am?' 

'Only when he's pissed.'

I'm glad some sellers don't do their homework with prices!

Happy day

Likewise. I bought yet another antique pocket watch the other day. Paid under $80 for what was advertised as a 1900 gilted gold Thomas Russell and Son full hunter. It looked unusual in the pictures. When I received it I checked the serial numbers and found it was made in 1864 - 1870 period, and the case serial number says it's an 18K case. And, it's a double hunter, not a full hunter. Got myself a watch potentially worth a couple of K. I will get it valued. :-)

My wife's uncle runs coin and military medal auctions. This guy would auction anything though.

He'd go to deceased estate auctions and buy all the good art, silverware, jewelry tools etc and make a serious profit on some of that stuff at his own auctions.

He was so cheeky he would go to the bottle shop on the way and buy cases of 'pedestrian' wine at retail, then make a profit on them at his auctions! :P