What's putting a smile on your dial?

wtf Niko ? Your car must have had a panic attack at the prospect of being pillaged by the friendly locals you keep talking about.

Car was protesting at being humped by extremely loving owner  ;)

"for no apparent reason" - yeah right

wtf Niko ? Your car must have had a panic attack at the prospect of being pillaged by the friendly locals you keep talking about.

You may be right there Harvs, although pretty hard to get into my security compound now, big fences, padlocks on gates at night, security cameras running and a large cricket back sitting near the door just in case all else fails.

Car was protesting at being humped by extremely loving owner  ;)

"for no apparent reason" - yeah right

Haha Well maybe it was humped "thumped" a little, by its extremely loving owner, but that's all I will put my hand up for...

POST CANBERRA.

Just gave the yellow peril a damn good tub. :)     

Extricated numerous creatures using a high pressure bazooka, from the front air vents and front bar. :o 

She looks a million dollars once again B) 

Bring on.... CANBERRA 2016 ;)  

Loaded a 're-map' on to my daily driver last night. Wow, couldn't believe how $400 could transform a car so much. All seems to be mid-range which is where you want it on the street.

It's a Renault Megane RS Cup (yes, I said Renault) & I probably didn't need the extra omph, but I love it!

Driving past the Frankston (franga for us locals) Court House, which has a large car park attached, at about midday today....

The Sherrif was in there clamping the wheels of the cars of the locals who drove their unregistered/uninsured cars to court.

Pissa.

What brings a smile to my face is pulling the chain of all the people handing out the "How to Vote" pre-litter outside polling booths.

Today it was the turn of the Greenie lady, she quickly got up on the soap box and began preaching when I told her there was no such thing as climate change.

And I told someone else that I only use the eeene meene miney mo method...

I consider this part of my civic duty.

Edit: the Aussies winning their 5th ICC cricket World Cup. Good job boys!!!

Well popped into PCB this morning, and found this thing sitting on the showroom floor.

What a sensational colour. :wub:     Ordered back in April last year (special order) and had just arrived a few days back.

New owner is overseas at present, and not back for a couple of weeks.  

They got in touch with himand got permission to show it off out the front. 

GT3%20PCB%20APRIL%202015.jpg

That put a smile on my dial...NICE :)

First of all let me check that this is the right thread. Smile on Dial. Yep.

Managed to get my wife out of the house this morning for the first time in weeks, other than for medical appointments. Went to Mt Barker and had a nice relaxing breakfast. And I also managed to get a little smile out of her. Haven't seen one of those for a while

She can't ride in the Porsche much anymore so we had to go in our Suzuki. Still, I'd carry her on my shoulders if I had to.

Stew F - :)  sounds like a beautiful morning. I hope the smiles keep flowing.. Happy Easter to you both. 

EDIT:

I came in here to post some silly thing about looking at a house and a garage for a Porsche.. and then I saw Stew Fs post and well, that made me smile far more than what I originally came in here to crap on about.

Perspective. 

Happy Easter my PFA friends - hope you are all having a great time with your friends, family and Porsches..whatever it is that makes you SMILE :)

So I thought I'd come back now and tell my little story from yesterday.

For a few months now we have been toying with the idea of selling our 2 story inner city townhouse, you know the type that looks like the other houses it sits with, tiny courtyard, no garden, no grass but close to the CBD ie 5km  and buying out a few more ks into an actual freestanding 'home'.

So yesterday we went and looked at a place in Yarraville. Lovely renovated 3 bedroom home..  the whole time I'm thinking 'wheres the garage'   then head out through the kitchen family room to a big covered decking area, with a bar built into the side of the wall of the garage, I'm picturing some Porsche and MINI stuff, and all of Kates martial arts trophies displayed. Then walk around the side to the perfectly sealed single car garage, with wood panel walls, concreted floor and I said to Kate - OH YEH MY 911 WOULD LOOK GOOD IN HERE lets buy it!  I was then reminded about the rest of the house and how I should be really looking at that..  meh!

The house itself was ok, but always feel nervous looking at these fresh homes that have just been painted and you can see that some of the new fittings are a bit rough etc  whats under all those fresh layers of paint??

The trade up to a new home might be a possibility at some point. There's something more attractive about living in a quieter area and even having your own driveway.  Little things that you take for granted once you don't have them.

First world problems :)

I love the "idea" of inner city living, although I don't know that I could actually do it... I've lived in houses in the suburbs most my life and anything less feels claustrophobic. Anything in my budget would be a huge downsize anyway... I wish I had double digit millions to spend on a house lol my views would no doubt be different!

Seeing how my driveway was the fruits of much hard labour I can say for certain it's not taken for granted and, once you have one you won't go back Amanda! We can comfortably garage two cars, park three in the drive way! :lol: if I was pushed I think we'd get about 10 cars off the street

Why am I rambling? Do it! :D

Theres no substitute for space Amanda. Thats all I can really say there.

Reno jobs can be dodgy, yet building inspections will sniff out the worst problems.

As long as its structurally ok, everything else can be dealt with over time when you find the little things the previous owner failed to mention, or the building inspector missed.

My 2 cents. Get out of the city and into the burbs. I'm sure youll love it

We downsized last year. 96 acres of grazing and wildlife, with a kilometer of the Bremer River, kangas, echidnas, lots of bird species, 400 year old redgums,and the occasional snakes, to a house on a 750 square metre block. Still looking for places to put everything.

We downsized last year. 96 acres of grazing and wildlife, with a kilometer of the Bremer River, kangas, echidnas, lots of bird species, 400 year old redgums,and the occasional snakes, to a house on a 750 square metre block. Still looking for places to put everything.

We've moved a lot....our biggest was from a 10 acre property to a 2 bedroom apartment.

Theres no substitute for space Amanda. Thats all I can really say there.

Reno jobs can be dodgy, yet building inspections will sniff out the worst problems.

As long as its structurally ok, everything else can be dealt with over time when you find the little things the previous owner failed to mention, or the building inspector missed.

My 2 cents. Get out of the city and into the burbs. I'm sure youll love it

All I can say is never use the pest/building inspector that the agent recommends, always do your own research for a reputable outfit!