What's putting a smile on your dial?

This made me smile - was back at Foresite Training today for 100mm Khana-Dyno day with some MINI friends. Took the camera and had a good day shooting some panning shots in the rain - crap weather but fun still had by all :)  fairly happy with the output, although my cheapie zoom lens is crap,  need a new one. 

This MINI won the whole day :) 

16654368493_c0fe555265_h.jpgP4260359 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

Rest of the gallery is here

As everyone may be aware we have had terrible weather up here in Newcastle so last Wednesday i went for a ride on my mountain bike to the main cycleway/walkway in Lake Macquarie/Newcastle. This runs from Belmont, Lake Macquarie, to Adamstown, Newcastle and covers a distance of 15km and keeps all those pesky cyclists off the road on the commute to work or training.

As i thought there were trees down everywhere and about 5 kms in i was stopped and could not get past a massive tree which was blocking the track, this is after going under and over numerous other trees before this point.

I decided that on my day off on Friday i would take my chainsaw down and start cutting all the fallen trees as i guessed it would be days before council or SES get there.

So i'm cutting and clearing and people are commenting to me that it's about time someone started clearing the track, yes i say but i'm not council or contractor i'm Joe Citizen just like you, want to lend a hand?

Not one person had the time to help but could stand and talk for 5mins, i was out for nearly three hours.

Went out again today and as i was walking in a fellow cyclist asked what i was up to and i explained to him that i had started clearing the track, he said he thought it was council that had made a start, awesome he says and tells me he is happy to help me where are we going to start, this put a smile on my dial, someone else putting themselves out to help in any way they can.

We cleared about a 1km of the track in about an hour and a half and now people can get through and enjoy their walk or cycle along that section.

JCWs are pretty stiff from the factory. That car doesn't look lowered so I assumed no coils/springs. Therefore...

Yeah, glib response from me.

Reality bit more complicated than just changing one component.

Tit - no Damien's JCW is not lowered yet.  I  think he's about to tho.  The car is called Charlie and he's removed the resonator so he sounds fantastic!

This made me :D   http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-03/alan-bloore-targa-tasmania/6440694

I wonder if anyone on  here knows Hammer.  He used to be involved in building RUFs I think he told me bck in the day and was right into 911s.   He's one hell of an amazing character, the toughest bloke you'll ever find.

alan-bloore-day-1-action.jpg

So I park my 993 in a "Parents with Pram" space at the local mega shopping centre and take 30 seconds inside the car getting my things organised.

As I open the door and step out, I am almost attacked by a "lady" in a large black suv who is screaming at me for taking a space to which I am not entitled.

Shocked by her tones, language and loudness, I manage to get a word in and reply "....hang on while I close my door, as I don't want my two children in the back seat to listen to this.....".  She backs off, but is still swearing at me being a "Selfish Porsche Driver".

I did have two children AND a pram in my car (yes, they fit).   She, who then parked in the same type of "reserved space for prams" had one child who was about 9 years old and no pram.  It made me laugh.

10 points to the first person to guess the SUV she was driving.

17365271525_72ab984404_o.jpg

It would have to be a Toyota driver.

I have had many run ins in the parents with prams spots. I think some women figure they had a child back in 1992 so are still entitled to park there.

I am shocked at the amount of car park rage I see at my local shopping centre. In the run up to Christmas the behaviour of the general public is appalling.

The worst two types of offenders are women in oversized vehicles, and men driving crapheaps. But it's the women who scream obscenities out windows which just amazes me - particularly when they have kids in the car.