996 GT3 Purchase

1 hour ago, MezgerMan said:

Which commentator said what after the release of the 6.1 that convinced so many more buyers to opt for the Touring spec 6.2?! It's a significant shift in the stats.

My take on delivery configuration is based on:

* Only 308 RHD 996 Mk1 GT3 made in total,

* Australia allocated 90 GT3s in total, 77 CS (86%)

* UK allocated 106 GT3s in total, only 28 CS (26%)

003 (CS) no cost option allocation was on availability and dealer order, noting Australia Nations Cup in Yr. 2000 had 14 996 GT3 competing (my understanding these were mostly road going GT3s/CS’s)

Therefore my theory: Australian Nations Cup rules moved on (after 2000/1) and Ferrari etc. were more competitive and Porsche moved to RS/CUP cars. Therefore less race/road CS cars were required in the 2003 996 MK2 GT3 release year?

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, symsy said:

This might be the car that popped up at a dealer in QLD maybe two years ago for $189K that Dutton Garage snapped up and promptly on-sold for an advertised $250K (although that car could have gone overseas). I can see this car sitting around for an ice age at that price. Why not grab a 997 GT3 for about the same coin?!

17 minutes ago, MezgerMan said:

This might be the car that popped up at a dealer in QLD maybe two years ago for $189K that Dutton Garage snapped up and promptly on-sold for an advertised $250K (although that car could have gone overseas). I can see this car sitting around for an ice age at that price. Why not grab a 997 GT3 for about the same coin?!

That was a touring and is still in the PFA fold (although I did have the same initial thought) 

looks like a time capsule, one for the collector. 

39 minutes ago, symsy said:

Your not going to make him an offer? 

15 hours ago, hugh said:

Your not going to make him an offer? 

Yeah 139k in line with the market , that include the 10k buffer for the low mileage vs the money needed for the  dried out seals and the work I would need to do to make it useable

Did i forget to say .. its yellow ..is that collectable?

30 minutes ago, 901er said:

Owned by a typ901 member, looks like he has done about 100k's in the couple of years he has owned it

Ahh that explains it , still thinks that all Pcars are in the boom market like the  Aircool long hood bubble that has also burst

In all seriousness , someone buy it at a reasonable price..  just make sure you drive the fricken thing 

Enthusiastically drive it and screw the money and low kms

3 hours ago, symsy said:

Yeah 139k in line wit the market , that include the 10k buffer for the low mileage vs the money needed for the  dried out seals and the work I would need to do to make it useable

Did i forget to say .. its yellow ..is that collectable?

Yep, all owners of 996 CS need to calm down, these cars are only worth low ones, at least until I have one in my garage..

Unlike latter model GT3's, it's very hard to find a clean (& straight) MK1. The 250k car looks to be a minter and to anyone wanting an original minter than the market is pretty limited. 

Speed Yellow was also the colour of MK1 press cars so it has relevance to some people. 

Sometimes it's not so much about what a seller thinks their car is worth to a buyer but rather what it's worth to them. I'll happily admit I value my cars higher than what the "market" may suggest their worth but that's the deal on the table..........

I know of 2 cars that sold only last week for very high prices, both to OS buyers sight unseen. 

Can't blame a man for trying, maybe he knows something that we don't  ;)

Suddenly Piston Heads is also showing some exuberant asking prices for very low km MK1's.  Here's a LHD Club Sport with 20,000 km @ 125,000 pounds vs price when new @76,500.  Just on exchange rate alone that asking price equates to $221K AUD.  If you are a UK collector why not buy the Aussie car and get a RHD version that has nearly half the mileage.  This one has to be odds-on the leave our shores.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-gt3-996/996-gt3-clubsport-original-1st-generation-left-hand-drive/8321281

On ‎4‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, red clubbie said:

I hope he gets it......

Vested interest of course......:D :D :D

Cheers,

Geoff.

Well looks like the Seller got very close to the asking price......shown as SOLD.

I would suggest it was very close to the asking price, given the time it was advertised for.

We might have to reassess the value of low k 996 GT3's.

Better look at my Insured Value......:D :D :D

Cheers,

Geoff.

On 14/02/2018 at 9:16 PM, red clubbie said:

Well looks like the Seller got very close to the asking price......shown as SOLD.

I would suggest it was very close to the asking price, given the time it was advertised for.

So if the yellow CS sold for mid 2's in 2 weeks and a 50km touring can't sell for mid 1's then I guess we know which one is more sort after ? Or was it just because of the 11 kms? Maybe i should own one of each, just to be sure