996 GT3 Purchase

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

Ah yes, I hear another such event transpired not too long ago too!

2 minutes ago, spiller said:

If what you are talking about is what I think you are, I am not suprised!!

No secrets here, we are all friends. 

1 hour ago, spiller said:

If what you are talking about is what I think you are, I am not suprised!!

Yep, you know what I mean ?

1 hour ago, hugh said:

No secrets here, we are all friends. 

Needs to be shared privately mate ?

Lemmings ..it seems the perception is 145 will get you a sale , not the 159 number that hung around for a while .

Has anyone actually seen the Silver car - the repo car out of QLD and what of the newbie in this arena anyone know it ..? 

With the crazy postings for 3.2, SC and 964  as indication of a micro bubble in porsche market  vs the tougher times in the GT market surely these owners must be somewhat open to a softer number and we would get to  or be an even par in dollars.. interesting :) 

I accept different beasts of car , but we are not considering for comparison any longer as we had been ,  written off cars or cars with chequered crash histories , just cars that maybe are slightly higher mileages and maybe a little light on in terms of paper work.. far from wrecks.. and only slightly imperfect in paperwork stakes. 

Ok so I’m making the hard decision to sell my Gt3 see pic on page 4 of this thread and no the plates won’t be included 

2004 ser2 35000ks factory delivered 030 club sport full cage is fitted sold new PC Gold Coast and has only ever been serviced there full Porsche service history just serviced Feb 18 not an old track hack no previous accident damage it has a few minor chips but only minor I think it would be hard to find a better example but that’s just me.$175k and no I’m not really open to the usual 10-20% tire kick offers as normally recommended on here? I’m away over Easter but will be able to receive emails. Please only enquire if you are a geniuine buyer. I’m putting it up here first before going down the Carsales pain route. Email me on 

mickolsen4x4@gmail.com 

On 25/03/2018 at 1:51 PM, symsy said:

we are not considering for comparison any longer as we had been ,  written off cars or cars with chequered crash histories , just cars that maybe are slightly higher mileages and maybe a little light on in terms of paper work.. far from wrecks.. and only slightly imperfect in paperwork stakes. 

Easy reason I believe is the drama you'll go through with getting them inspected and registered, and the exorbitant prices of repairs and parts etc. Add in the potential for a future sale being difficult if it's known to be a wreck/repair makes them just a pain in the arse and scares people off. I also think people these days (like me) are more impatient, and just want it NOW. You've also got to be in the right mindset to repair or resto a car of any sort, as a lot of people don't have the skills or resources to do it with a reasonable budget

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Easy reason I believe is the drama you'll go through with getting them inspected and registered, and the exorbitant prices of repairs and parts etc. Add in the potential for a future sale being difficult if it's known to be a wreck/repair makes them just a pain in the arse and scares people off. I also think people these days (like me) are more impatient, and just want it NOW. You've also got to be in the right mindset to repair or resto a car of any sort, as a lot of people don't have the skills or resources to do it with a reasonable budget

yeah but with good cars at 145 without haggle room.. I guess at what point dont you care about mechanical  history as long as it aint been crashed 130k?

Ill take $174k for this one, 1 day only.  After that @hugh will have taken it home.  ?. Amazing the cayman on 20s looks MASSIVE next to a dainty GT3 on 18s.  Tough looking car, it’s taken all my will power not to blast around the block (Hugh recorded the kms and I don’t trust the Ferris Bueller odo rewind approach ?)

1 hour ago, symsy said:

yeah but with good cars at 145 without haggle room.. I guess at what point dont you care about mechanical  history as long as it aint been crashed 130k?

Depends how much of a punter you are I spose

On 29/03/2018 at 11:13 PM, disco said:

1999 Porsche 911 GT3 996 Manual

This one has come up to Sydney. Mate of mine now owns it.

Drove it last Saturday and all I can say is whoa!! What an awesome car. The Mk1's really are a thing of beauty. That Mezger engine is just divine! Hard to get me out of it!

Cheers,

Dave.

Tell him to make sure he looks after it, or he'll have to answer to his accountant ?. Literally!!

Cheers

Tom

4 hours ago, 901er said:

Congratulations on your purchase.

It's a great car.....but I am biased....:D :D :D

Cheers,

Geoff.'