996 GT3 Purchase

2 hours ago, Mik001 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1999/OAG-AD-15248847

The cheapest GT3 on CS and it’s a clubbi, 

no doubt it’s had a hard life .  Anyone know this car ? 

Only that its been on and off the market for around 2 years at low 100k pricing and still yet to be sold. 

6 hours ago, Mik001 said:

I enquired about it out of curiosity when it was last advertised privately. Originally aus delivery but spent time in the UK (about 8 years IIRC) and it’s had a dash replacement as the original dash/odometer was damaged when the car was jump started. There was also some crazing in the paint and issues with the nomex seats hence the red trim.

43 minutes ago, spiller said:

I enquired about it out of curiosity when it was last advertised privately. Originally aus delivery but spent time in the UK (about 8 years IIRC) and it’s had a dash replacement as the original dash/odometer was damaged when the car was jump started. There was also some crazing in the paint and issues with the nomex seats hence the red trim.

So you’d think it could be bought for a song, then enjoyed guilt free! ?

48 minutes ago, edgy said:

So you’d think it could be bought for a song, then enjoyed guilt free! ?

Definitely seems liked one of those cars. It’s the cheapest for a reason but not to say it wouldn’t provide as many smiles as a 180K car! I reckon the white looks epic.

18 hours ago, Mik001 said:

I have inspected this car - recently. And walked away. If you’re looking for a track toy, offer them $100 K. The paint work is not original and you don’t have to look too hard to realise the car has had a hard life. I suspect there’d be some hefty maintenance costs in the pipeline for any future owner.

1 hour ago, MezgerMan said:

I have inspected this car - recently. And walked away. If you’re looking for a track toy, offer them $100 K. The paint work is not original and you don’t have to look too hard to realise the car has had a hard life. I suspect there’d be some hefty maintenance costs in the pipeline for any future owner.

Its still registerable is it not??   At 100k , still gotta make one mighty fine hotrod...  A shit AC with a suspect engine or a long hood with a 3.0l and or a 3.2 will hit u up for 80-120k and probably need paint.    Good insight.. we are still looking at GT3 ;) 

2 hours ago, hugh said:

Roll call @TrevMcRev for GT3 hotrod build. (+ Its white!) 

The shittest version of a particular model of car on the market...

Sounds like it's right up my alley! you know me too well.

What do they say...buy the worst house in the best street.  This is kinda the same thing innit?

7 hours ago, symsy said:

Its still registerable is it not??   At 100k , still gotta make one mighty fine hotrod...  A shit AC with a suspect engine or a long hood with a 3.0l and or a 3.2 will hit u up for 80-120k and probably need paint.    Good insight.. we are still looking at GT3 ;) 

Yes, the vehicle is currently registered. However, if you’re the kind of owner that likes a car to come with its original books, this one will disappoint. Photocopies only, I’m afraid.

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, On the Limit said:

With plenty of spare time while holidaying with the family, I thought I'd do some analysis on the UK, US and Australian GT3 markets.  Throws up some interesting numbers once you compare averages and median values across the geo's.  It's only a point in time view and to get statistically meaningful results you'd need to keep this analysis running for 6-12 months.  As I'm marginally handy in the software analytics dept I'm going to automate this report and see what results come in.  I'll leave it those interested to comment.

US Market and UK 996 GT3 price analysis 21 jan 2018.docx

I've been mulling around a few of the UK forums recently and have read that the UK GT3 market is very slow. Remembered OTL's excellent bit of date from January so I thought I'd do a quick compare:

January GT3s for sale = 9 mk1 and 8 mk2

Today GT3s for sale = 9 mk1 and 22 mk2

Accept we are now just coming out of UK winter so perhaps they'll soon disappear however there certainly seems more for sale now than when I started looking.

Australian GT3 market still seems to be turning over though. Maybe it will slow down over winter ....