996 GT3 Purchase

32 minutes ago, 901er said:

Didn't think I would ever buy a museum piece that can't be driven, anyone know where you can buy moth balls in bulk ? 

I doubt anyone has ever said on their deathbed, gee I’m glad I saved my GT3 for the next person to thrash it .

2 minutes ago, 901er said:

bespoke built by "Cargraphic Tuning House at "NO EXPENSE" spared to create one of the best modified street legal 911 GT3's in the world.

(NOT Road Register-able ONLY for track or club days.)

:mellow:

30 minutes ago, hugh said:

bespoke built by "Cargraphic Tuning House at "NO EXPENSE" spared to create one of the best modified street legal 911 GT3's in the world.

That makes no sense!!

So you have a track only car with full street interior, plus, now I like green cars, but that is an ugly shade of green!!

47 minutes ago, hugh said:

oh the irony! 

I hate it, it looks like a real hack job, especially that rear bumper, what the hell is that! 

3 hours ago, hugh said:

Yeh, its a shame that the "extremeness" hasn't been followed through with the interior. Doesn't really scream "RACE CAR" like the exterior. 

Haha yes!! Precisely. 

This car makes zero sense! 

This car was offered to me for significantly less a few months ago, my comments were its junk with all the ad on bits & only worth $75k max due to it being a track only car.. strip it out & track it thats all you can do

2 hours ago, James P said:

This car was offered to me for significantly less a few months ago, my comments were its junk with all the ad on bits & only worth $75k max due to it being a track only car.. strip it out & track it thats all you can do

That was a super generous offer...

you could buy 2 Cup cars for that money and go racing with your wife or buy a proper Aus delivered CS that you can actually use for 50k less.  And either way you won't look like a complete tool in an ugly green POS with touring seats in a track car. 

i was very impressed that they specifically noted it has standard rubber front spoiler and standard brake calipers....very important considerations  ??

On 8 April 2018 at 8:52 PM, hugh said:

Great article, most of us were snoozing 3 years ago.  Go back to page 1 of this thread @edgy pegged values at Jan 2015.  i remember those prices, lots to choose from:

So these are my thoughts on transaction values (lets not confuse with asking prices, some owners are deluded) 

Fair car - $80-85k = Signs of track work, perhaps some questionable history, track focused mods installed etc

Good honest car - $85-95k = Well used, well loved, usual wear & tear for its age, maybe some light track duties low number of owners and good history

Excellent example - $95-105K = Presents excellent, low mileage, no track work, un modified from factory spec, perfect provenance

2 hours ago, DJM said:

you could buy 2 Cup cars for that money and go racing with your wife or buy a proper Aus delivered CS that you can actually use for 50k less.  And either way you won't look like a complete tool in an ugly green POS with touring seats in a track car. 

i was very impressed that they specifically noted it has standard rubber front spoiler and standard brake calipers....very important considerations  ??

Great article, most of us were snoozing 3 years ago.  Go back to page 1 of this thread @edgy pegged values at Jan 2015.  i remember those prices, lots to choose from:

So these are my thoughts on transaction values (lets not confuse with asking prices, some owners are deluded) 

Fair car - $80-85k = Signs of track work, perhaps some questionable history, track focused mods installed etc

Good honest car - $85-95k = Well used, well loved, usual wear & tear for its age, maybe some light track duties low number of owners and good history

Excellent example - $95-105K = Presents excellent, low mileage, no track work, un modified from factory spec, perfect provenance

Bugger are those calipers no good.  12 months on after sending an OS tt for those yellow calipers( new genuine factory stamped 996 p part number ) and paying over the odds coin on duties yesterday, I finally got my hands on a set today.