996 GT3 Purchase

On 24/11/2017 at 9:47 AM, Pork Chops said:

If you’re serious Steve ring Rowan at Duttons and ask him what you need to know. All will be revealed.

Wasn’t that the one for sale for ages at auto house in Syd?

6 hours ago, MezgerMan said:

The Dutton car is “on hold” - presumably a deposit taken? Not much choice left at the moment for anyone wanting to get into a 996 GT.

Its been "on hold" for the past 2 weeks................?

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/11/2017 at 9:10 PM, 901er said:

fixed page 67 for you. Photos of the WA car are up. 

https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-1999/OAG-AD-15248847

So, is there any inside info on the 996 GT3 CS in WA? Looks to be keenly priced but a few worrying comments on previous pages re ‘cleaned up well’, changed badges, swapped speedo etc..

8 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Tracked yes ...raced?? Scruffy and ks' were incorrect last sales campaign by private seller, broken or replaced speedo or something ...9 months back it was 129k and sat there for a fair while....someone here will know the story

Thanks mate

Why do so many on this forum like to keep trying to talk the porsche market down when the Aussie muscle cars do nothing but keep climbing? not to mention a lot of other makes and models.  I’ve had a long history with Aussie muscle cars and still have a couple, but taking the leap into the 911 market  4 years ago has been nothing but amazing , the cars have been so undervalued for so long and now the world has woken up. So many guys seem sad that they have gone up in value and can’t wait to see them crash. Makes no sense to me. The majority of cars that have sat on the market don’t appear to be the pick of the bunch yet they are what people are choosing to use as a guide. Just my opinion. 

^^ Lots of GT3s on market a while now - 996s around $160k (except the white car discussed above $135k)

997.1s seem to move at high 1s but there are quite a few that have been on market for AGES at 2xx.

where do you think the market is at for a good car and more importantly Nostradamus where to from here?

VALUES - The sacred religion of forums

2017 was a great year for selling cars , our banter to buy ratios were very much out of control vs the previous bullish buying year of 2016. PFA scored super high in the tyrekicking stakes if you review our buy threads, 3000+ members.. maybe we bought 100 cars declared

I think the last 4 years is an exceptional period to call out . It really depends on the frame of reference for the investment review and market statements..  GT3's in the last year against the year or two prior.. absolute shite.... flatline market. Im not sure any P cars have held up .. even long hoods ..stopped climbing

It doesnt mean you should buy a car , just means that it may not be your blue chip financial investment.  Look at the Aussie muscle cars you call out they peaked and fell on their arse and now are in some comeback.. its cycles .  Remember also that the Porsche market is also a rest of world market , where as Aus cars are really an our island phenomenon

I think the GT3 market is soft , lots of stock , change of model , manual on its way back , engine issues now resolved in 991 or warrantied , a plethora of new models and marketing which could be compared to maybe like a Ducati strategy.. 

If you take a look at Ducati for example they have made a shit load of new bikes but I personally for one will say now its harder to find the iconic one, to hold. Great for them less so for us enthusiasts.

So as for GT3 .. they are all amazing bits of kit , I bought one in the last year and it looks like your holding one too.. I think the important thing is ... Im still smiling and keeping it for a while if not a long while .  I would buy another 996 if they get cheap enough.

I think and not personally aimed at you but if you look back there is always discussion on this and other forums of values and then their is the reality , many wont sell and as a prime example which I posted in the general market section , when you do need to sell to get ya cash out their is a like the dude with his 997TT anything like a 20% difference between what you actually get vs the market and that is normally 20% under the enthusiasts enthusiastic evaluation  . His 170k retail car is for sale at 130k , what would you hustle him at 120k..?

Whats that saying a bird in the hand is worth two times the forum bullshit ;)

So GT3's at 159k havent moved , either bad examples or stalled market. 997's have taken a smashing , when I bought ,  250-200k was the spread they are now realistically 170-205 at best. With the 997 Gen 2 offering the best bang for buck probably.  I just wish a nice Gen 2 RS would tumble back down to its 220k of 2015 vs its loft 400's of today

You look like you got a nice garage .. its the price of 98 we should be worrying about ... $1.75 over xmas in my neck of the woods .. god I had to watch how many slabs of beer I bought, to manage household expenditure.   The muscle cars must be hurting the wallet :)   Im in a build of the first V8 in my life a the moment I hope the rumble, to fill up ritual is worth it.

The return of the enthusiast buyer ..  I like that .. got anything juicy for sale , high value , bargain price of course 

May be just me but I seriously get annoyed with misleading sale descriptions such as in this ad for a 997.1 GT3: immaculate condition! One look of the interior photo with the worn out alcantara steering wheel and what looks like a hole in the fabric of the driver's race seat tells me that it ain't "showroom condition"!!!  https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2007/SSE-AD-5161543/?Cr=23

48 minutes ago, dragon02 said:

May be just me but I seriously get annoyed with misleading sale descriptions such as in this ad for a 997.1 GT3: immaculate condition! One look of the interior photo with the worn out alcantara steering wheel and what looks like a hole in the fabric of the driver's race seat tells me that it ain't "showroom condition"!!!  https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2007/SSE-AD-5161543/?Cr=23

Hmm, alcantara steering wheels. Such a love hate thing for me. Can't believe how quickly mine has lost its fuzz. Following some steps from good old Larry Kosilla on AMMO NYC to see if i can bring it back from the brink...

On 10/01/2018 at 7:50 PM, Jason A said:

Alcantara, wash your hands before you drive the car. Or chill and don’t worry about it,  it’s just normal wear and tear / providence.

My car has 42,000ks and wheel and shifter look well used. My car overall is pretty clean.

I got mine with about 50k and the Alcantara wheel and shifter were trashed, they still are... actually the whole car is pretty bad now cosmetically... I've smiled the whole time though :)

5 hours ago, edgy said:

I got mine with about 50k and the Alcantara wheel and shifter were trashed, they still are... actually the whole car is pretty bad now cosmetically... I've smiled the whole time though :)

last time I checked, swapping a steering wheel and gear knob was a pretty easy task.......drive the shit out of it then tart it up for sale like 99% of all GT cars on the market......

1 hour ago, Windsor289 said:

Just for the record (again) _ rare as!

pasted-graphic.jpg

When I was looking for my first one, I can across an Iris Blue 6.1 touring, it was absolutely stunning in that colour. 

I’d like to know what the colour to sample ones are! 

N1N1 is a cool colour on those 6.1’s