996 GT3 Purchase

Could be a quick fix but i suspect not, if its got gearbox damage its big money... looks like a small hit but the scary $$ bits are underneath 

Definitely more than meets the eye with that one, car in the pics has South Australia rego but listed for sale in NSW. Air bag looks to have gone off on passenger door = big hit. If it's such a superficial panel damage crash as it appear to be, why not just fix it. But hay I am the suspicious type. 

yes, I know... first hand unfortunately 

Anyway, we can sit here and speculate but no one knows for sure until they look, I just thought it might be an opportunity for someone. 

If timing was right for me id be making enquiries for sure 

Has any one rung the dude?

No.. don't we just speculate & rubbish car's here without knowing anything about them :huh:

So the dude updated the AD with the following info.. as i suspected gearbox & suspension damage, defiantly not worth the asking price & easily a $50k repair i have receipts from an old cup car for a similar repair

Car has front left and rear left damage If I am right then there are only 2 GT3 's with this colour in the country No insurance claim lodged (track day incident) Can help with transport (Sydney area only) Front left parts damaged are: (main parts where damage is visible) •Wheel carrier •cross member frame •steering rack •fender Rear parts needed: •cross member •suspension frame •transmission case front •bumper bar •side panel •passenger door airbag •passenger seat airbag •right and left seat belt Some parts are repairable: •front bumper bar •wheels etc Engine runs but car is not drivable! Buyer needs to make his own enquiries regarding repair and towing costs Please serious enquiries only. Car will be sold as is.

Edited by James P

No.. don't we just speculate & rubbish car's here without knowing anything about them :huh:

So the dude updated the AD with the following info.. as i suspected gearbox & suspension damage, defiantly not worth the asking price & easily a $50k repair i have receipts from an old cup car for a similar repair

Car has front left and rear left damage If I am right then there are only 2 GT3 's with this colour in the country No insurance claim lodged (track day incident) Can help with transport (Sydney area only) Front left parts damaged are: (main parts where damage is visible) •Wheel carrier •cross member frame •steering rack •fender Rear parts needed: •cross member •suspension frame •transmission case front •bumper bar •side panel •passenger door airbag •passenger seat airbag •right and left seat belt Some parts are repairable: •front bumper bar •wheels etc Engine runs but car is not drivable! Buyer needs to make his own enquiries regarding repair and towing costs Please serious enquiries only. Car will be sold as is.

He heard us… ;)  James will a GT3 motor fIt in a 912 :) and ifyou go easy on the throttle could you bolt a 915 gearbox to it 

I knew , but James would be my goto man to do it ;) Pipedream meet reality and he needs a project cos , hes outta space or something and must be getting bored , so thought I wouldnt let those skills go idle 

Just the dodgy GT3 badge on the rear of this one alone scares me. Swapped out speedo as well, I would be very wary of a car like that...

New (correct) GT3 badge now fitted :D

1999 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport 996 Manual

On 11/7/2017, 10:10:53, 901er said:

fixed page 67 for you. Photos of the WA car are up. 

https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-1999/OAG-AD-15248847

Edited by Windsor289

Recent listing for a 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 996 Manual MY04 @ Autohaus (no pictures yet) _ $159,900 _ 72,296KM

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2004/OAG-AD-15280719/?Cr=0

Coming soon! The GT3 Gen2, it was based on the face-lifted 996 Carrera, but with new spoilers and improved styling. The 3.6-litre engine was improved to produced 381bhp. Suspension was lowered and uprated, making this a road legal race car that reached 100 kph in only 4.5 seconds and then on to over 190 mph! This Australian delivered car has a full Porsche service history, books, keys and has just been fully serviced by , including a full suspension ride height and alignment, with new brake discs all round!

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, MezgerMan said:

The Dutton car is “on hold” - presumably a deposit taken? Not much choice left at the moment for anyone wanting to get into a 996 GT.

You mean the 159k hiatus is over .. thank god .. they will drop to 140k now , whilst all the current owners will be claiming a rising market and they are worth 169k

That car looked good when i was in there , although reported to have be in a bingle 

Maybe someone just got a nice Xmas pressie ...

GT3 market is in limp dick mode all round I reckon

13 minutes ago, symsy said:

You mean the 159k hiatus is over .. thank god .. they will drop to 140k now , whilst all the current owners will be claiming a rising market and they are worth 169k

That car looked good when i was in there , although reported to have be in a bingle 

Maybe someone just got a nice Xmas pressie ...

GT3 market is in limp dick mode all round I reckon

Symsy, I love my limp dick!!