912 US barnfind OTLW project

turboT

Another day, Another car. With prices quickly adding up to fix the silver barnfind I started to look for a better base car for the build and one with some cool patina I was happy to work with. Not a show pony, but a matching numbers good driver and loving the color (or lack of). Some minor rust repairs but generally pretty solid. Deposit paid subject to an inspection hopefully this week

55605252-770-02X%201_zps2y7mdnbd.jpg

55605251-770-02X_zpsoprwq0di.jpg

55605250-770-02X_zpspuiid7gj.jpg

55605249-770-02X_zps8z7kqkby.jpg

55605261-770-02X_zpsiyhpdoke.jpg

55605270-770-02X_zpswul1ygrc.jpg

55605256-770-02X_zpsvokqhp3x.jpg

Std brakes up to the task - mostly - slap repro 917 brakes, or cinvrnce emory to let you buy a set of his annular brakes (very cool) set of brembos off an Alfa 75 or S brakes ... what about BMW and Volvo conversions ... 

The review is back - again a strike out. Evidence of past accidents. Onto another lead, but each time they get a little more expensive...

PITA Tomnus, pity that didn't work out, hope the deposit comes back..... what's wrong with a couple of accidents anyways? 911's rear end poles n stuff from time to time, and they're still "A Grade" cars, aren't they;)

50 yr old car bound to be issues. Did report say terrible repair, walk away... Or owner told you to,  after your  post inspection offer?

panel gaps, evidence of bad repairs and rust. I think the price of this one justifies these issues, but I now have an Engineer shopping and doing personal PPI's so my standards have increased somewhat ?. 

Dean is now exposing me to his friends car stashes which are all very well cared for. Hopefully getting photos of a mint 67 black on black shortly. It will still be cheaper than any 912 for sale here and I get the bonus of trusted previous ownship.

I seem to remember a nice silver 930 had evidence of past repairs :)

dented panels are not an issue. Rusted and bent frames are to be avoided

PITA Tomnus, pity that didn't work out, hope the deposit comes back..... what's wrong with a couple of accidents anyways? 911's rear end poles n stuff from time to time, and they're still "A Grade" cars, aren't they;)

you know where I'd like to stick that pole right now...