912 US barnfind OTLW project

turboT

Its a one year only  68, perhaps even more reason to not beat this one up, suspecting the motor in this ain't no slouch... Though if you need green gauges for the 67 you end up with,  I got a set 

edit sure this is a 68? Door trim says early car and along with the dash exhaust strut brace nardi et al suggests it may have had some other sensitive mods and in keeping with the cool 912 vibe. Very nice 

Edited by michel

Its a one year only  68, perhaps even more reason to not beat this one up, suspecting the motor in this ain't no slouch... Though if you need green gauges for the 67 you end up with,  I got a set 

edit sure this is a 68? Door trim says early car and along with the dash exhaust strut brace nardi et al suggests it may have had some other sensitive mods and in keeping with the cool 912 vibe. Very nice 

rebuilt engine, rear sway bar and bigger brakes already on this baby. In regards interior I think it's all newish so likely a few eras. All leather dash for one which is a bonus. 

Send me pics of your dials - deffinately interested. 

My guess is that this is a self resto job from a very talented/passionate guy who was going for personal taste over absolute period accuracy. Just lucky he didn't like 959's I guess...

i think the deal is done. Had to pay more than i wanted but this car has been seriously well restored and upgraded to OTLW standard - all stuff i would have had to do anyway at additional cost, but instead has already been done. 

2.5 year restoration - every nut bolt kind of job

Motor 1720cc with weber carbs

901 five speed box

all leather interior

4200miles on the drive train

suspension lowered

fuchs alloys

S brakes added

total engine rebuild

i think the deal is done. Had to pay more than i wanted but this car has been seriously well restored and upgraded to OTLW standard - all stuff i would have had to do anyway at additional cost, but instead has already been done. 

901 five speed box

all leather interior

suspension lowered

fuchs alloys

S brakes added

total engine rebuild

Bugger it. Hot rod it then.

901 five speed box

all leather interior

suspension lowered

fuchs alloys

S brakes added

total engine rebuild

Keeping the engine then or still throwing a POLOmint at it?