Given the potential numbers, I'm actually looking to try and add a level of organisation in terms of grouping. I'm going to start creating groups of 6-8 cars and will be posting this with a start time just to ensure we can get everyone moving early and hopefully avoid congestion throughout the twisty bits. 

The order of the groups will be determined on experienced SMT takers through to the first timers. The main aim to be keeping sufficient gaps between cars and also keep others from getting lost along the way. 

At the end of the day is just about getting out in the cars but I would like to make an effort in keeping everyone moving. :)

If you will allow me to join you all I'd love to come along also. First time on a SMt so I'm happy to join the first time rookies and just enjoy the ride. Car is a 1980 SC coupe. Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. Cheers. 

Duggo

If you will allow me to join you all I'd love to come along also. First time on a SMt so I'm happy to join the first time rookies and just enjoy the ride. Car is a 1980 SC coupe. Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. Cheers. 

Duggo

If I'm allowed to go, anyone can. Welcome.

I've been asked to put a call out for anyone prepared to offer a spare seat (passenger ride) from Mt Eliza? Toilet trained and well mannered, does work for a one of the big banks though (in the effort of full disclosure). ;)

Thanks in advance! 

Hey Team, NOTE:

Monash Fwy outbound closure for maintenance

Overnight this Saturday 16 September from 11:30pm to 8:30am

As part of the Monash Freeway Upgrade Project, the Monash Fwy outbound carriageway will again be completely closed between Wellington Rd and Stud Rd.

This means the ramp from EastLink southbound to Monash Fwy outbound will be closed.

The rest of EastLink will remain open and unaffected.

The Monash Freeway Upgrade team has provided the following map with suggested alternative routes. Full details about Monash Freeway Upgrade works are available on the project website.

Duggo

@hugh  It looks like I've earned day leave.  Count me in!

Duggo, you can cruise down the slow end with me.  1980 SC's in formation :D

I'll be leaving  from Nepean Hwy/ North Road at about 5:30am  Anyone else leaving from around there?

Edited by Harvs11

Anyone departing from the south eastern suburbs? (St Kilda for me) We could convoy to Tecoma...

I'm in brighton so I'll be driving out along north rd. I'll stop at the BP at cnr of springvale rd. Can meet there! 545-555am

will leave BP  at 6am on the dot. Anyone in ?

Edited by Philbee

I'm in brighton so I'll be driving out along north rd. I'll stop at the BP at cnr of springvale rd. Can meet there! 545-555am

Timmy will be coming from deepest Brighton and I'm just off North Rd in Caulfield South so we'll probably hook up ;)

what time are you leaving Brighton? I'll wait on North road opposite KFC 5:30?

Edited by Harvs11

I've been asked to put a call out for anyone prepared to offer a spare seat (passenger ride) from Mt Eliza? Toilet trained and well mannered, does work for a one of the big banks though (in the effort of full disclosure). ;)

Thanks in advance! 

at this stage the navigator seat is filled but if my mate can't stomach a 5:15 start I'll let you know.  It's my first run in the GT4 so it will be a leisurely drive, perfect for discussing banking.........???

Ditto for me too Hugh, same as Doug.  My daughter is still on board but if she pulls the pin I will let you know.  I just called her to make sure, and she is definitely coming at this stage.  Your banker mate would be the cheaper option for me though as I guess I would not need to shout him 2 breakfasts and a lunch !!

what time are you leaving Brighton? I'll wait on North road opposite KFC 5:30?

I am happy to to have a bayside meet up at BP on Wellington Rd and Springvale Rd...leaving at 6am sharp. @Philbee

Am also to pass through North road opposite KFC/BP leaving at 5:30am @Harvs11