[VIC] PORSCHE HANGAR BANGER!

Kerry

I would just like to thank each and every one of you who attended today's  #hangerbanger gathering. You and your cars,  together with my old building made the day exceptional.

The day was way beyond my expectations in terms of the number of cars that just kept rolling in. I really did not expect to have cars overflowing the adjoining car park in to the surrounding streets and lanes......... Porsche  People and Porsches. Nothing better. To walk around and see so many enjoy each others company and the cars was just brilliant.

A big thank you to Tiaan, Stew, JD  and Peter ..... all interstaters who really made a big effort to come to this.

To all the guys who helped out today in lots of ways big and small, THANK YOU.  

Kerry and Hugh for your help and support in organising. Lastly Sal, You are a living legend, I could listen to you all night on your guitar.

We finished up at 1am............ An amazing day and evening.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sal played? Bugger!  I've only heard him on Soundcloud, yet the passion he has for music is why I most certainly look forward to jamming some blues and a few scotches with him one day. A very talented man in many facets of life, not to mention very kind and generous. The kinda guy you know you would be friends for life with. Not being able to attend will go down as one of my 'bastard' moments, as I had a feeling it would be epic, yet I'm stoked it turned out to be what it became for not only all your efforts in organising and providing the venue, but bringing everyone together to share a common interest with these cars. 

Well done to the interstaters who made the trek over too ?

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Sal played? Bugger!  I've only heard him on Soundcloud, yet the passion he has for music is why I most certainly look forward to jamming some blues and a few scotches with him \

Well done to the interstaters who made the trek over too ?

I put it up on my Insta.   @polorot

Wow what an absolutely fantastic day, @polorot your hanger is truly magnificent and a fitting way to end its service.

I too was amazed on the number of cars, just shows how much this reach this forum really has. Awesome work from the PFA crew as always, would be great if another similar venue could be found to make it a annual event, maybe something in country Victoria can be found.

Ok, after a good night poppy napping, I will re post up the photos of the celebs spotted yesterday..this time on the correct thread...

Thanks for all who gave me a like on the other post.

IMG_3259 2

Huge and Mark..discussing first world problems..

IMG_3258 2

Celeb snapper Harvs with Bwana Kez...

IMG_3249 2

Fellow celeb snapper Dougy, doing some real work for a change..

IMG_3251 2

Doug being very rude to me....

IMG_3244 2

Sal on the right with unknown mate, 

IMG_3288

Proof....that "Two Heads Tassie"  was in fact here.

IMG_3250 2

Harvs doing his shutter bug thing

IMG_3223 2

Gut (Luke) Ozvino (Dave) and Gary P.   Sorry don't know the people on the left

IMG_3224 2

The start of the wall for the "Rich and Famous" 

IMG_3299 2

The security bouncers at the front door Fraz, Sinmon and RodC

IMG_3267 2

Pork Chops, Big Rev Trev and Simon...

IMG_3297 2

spoiler?? spoiler?????    THIS IS A SPOILER!!!

World Famous Legendary Porker photographer...

He was also the winner of the "best car in show" once again.

Thanks Harvs...

IMG_3220 2

Coffee shop in full flight...Bwana Kez checking the form guide

IMG_3207 2

Unsure who these three blokes were...but obviously enjoying themselves

https://flic.kr/p/FusJfY

PARENTS...Please do not sow this photo to the little kiddies before they go to bed...:P

GaryP and SteveP   not sure if they are related....maybe..

IMG_3362 2

MR Shiftydick....aka.....Big Rev Kev.    

If ever a photo deserved a caption competition this one is.

Ok lots of inside photos have been posted, so I will cover the cars parked outside the venue in the streets etc as best I can...  Stand by they will be posted up shortly.

10 minutes ago, Niko said:

IMG_3362 2

Ok lots of inside photos have been posted, so I will cover the cars parked outside the venue in the streets etc as best I can...  Stand by they will be posted up shortly.

@Niko nice to see the meds have kicked in, great pics as always

@TrevMcRev aka Hairdresser Hipster - deep in thought

Ok, after a good night poppy napping, I will re post up the photos of the celebs spotted yesterday..this time on the correct thread...

Thanks for all who gave me a like on the other post.

IMG_3259 2

Huge and Mark..discussing first world problems..

IMG_3258 2

Celeb snapper Harvs with Bwana Kez...

IMG_3249 2

Fellow celeb snapper Dougy, doing some real work for a change..

IMG_3251 2

Doug being very rude to me....

IMG_3244 2

Sal on the right with unknown mate, 

IMG_3288

Proof....that "Two Heads Tassie"  was in fact here.

IMG_3250 2

Harvs doing his shutter bug thing

IMG_3223 2

Gut (Luke) Ozvino (Dave) and Gary P.   Sorry don't know the people on the left

IMG_3224 2

The start of the wall for the "Rich and Famous" 

IMG_3299 2

The security bouncers at the front door Fraz, Sinmon and RodC

IMG_3267 2

Pork Chops, Big Rev Trev and Simon...

IMG_3297 2

spoiler?? spoiler?????    THIS IS A SPOILER!!!

World Famous Legendary Porker photographer...

He was also the winner of the "best car in show" once again.

Thanks Harvs...

IMG_3220 2

Coffee shop in full flight...Bwana Kez checking the form guide

IMG_3207 2

Unsure who these three blokes were...but obviously enjoying themselves

IMG_3206 2

PARENTS...Please do not sow this photo to the little kiddies before they go to bed...:P

GaryP and SteveP   not sure if they are related....maybe..

IMG_3362 2

2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONGIMG_33192018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG

I laaaarve this Targa.....

2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONGIMG_3305IMG_33032018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG

BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE.....

IMG_33002018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG

That's it for the moment.   Ill go through the previous posted photos from the other snappers and try and fill in any gaps that didn't get posted.

8 hours ago, polorot said:

I would just like to thank each and every one of you who attended today's  #hangerbanger gathering. You and your cars,  together with my old building made the day exceptional.

The day was way beyond my expectations in terms of the number of cars that just kept rolling in. I really did not expect to have cars overflowing the adjoining car park in to the surrounding streets and lanes......... Porsche  People and Porsches. Nothing better. To walk around and see so many enjoy each others company and the cars was just brilliant.

A big thank you to Tiaan, Stew, JD  and Peter ..... all interstaters who really made a big effort to come to this.

To all the guys who helped out today in lots of ways big and small, THANK YOU.  

Kerry and Hugh for your help and support in organising. Lastly Sal, You are a living legend, I could listen to you all night on your guitar.

We finished up at 1am............ An amazing day and evening.

Ok John, now the pressure is on to leave the building as is and make it a regular occurrence :)

I would (should ;)) be able to make the next one :ph34r:

Great effort to all, fantastic cars!!!

And just to finish off.....

IMG_32152018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONGIMG_32222018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG

Winner of the "Car of the Show" award...once again:wub:....

errr that would be the black water pumper one..

2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONGIMG_3241IMG_3237IMG_3238IMG_3239

Nice touch.. going just that little bit extra..from the owner of that 928

2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONGIMG_32522018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONGIMG_32742018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONGIMG_3295

That really is one hell of a spoiler....

2018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONGIMG_33582018 20-01 HANGABANGA GEELONG

That's it for me.

Thanks again John and everyone else.  Loved the day.

35 minutes ago, ANF said:

Ok John, now the pressure is on to leave the building as is and make it a regular occurrence :)

I would (should ;)) be able to make the next one :ph34r:

Great effort to all, fantastic cars!!!

You could came come with me Adam, the invite was there ?  would have just had to tell the Mrs she couldn't come on the boat with me?

Well worth the trip over, should have stayed further into the afternoon....  Just have the boring as batshit day trip back on the boat, we're just outside the heads now, a little rolly so will be interesting to see how the rest of the passengers hold up.  

Thanks John, Kerry, Hugh, Max and others for organising this amazing event. Shame that the building is to be torn down. As usual Niko has done an excellent job capturing the event in the many pics. No Steve and I are not related but have a long history in liking similar bikes and cars. Absolutely amazing that an internet operated group of enthusiasts can draw such a response from local and interstate Porsche owners. Can it be repeated as an annual event somewhere else? Maybe but the first time is always the most memorable.

4 minutes ago, garypgt3 said:

Thanks John, Kerry, Hugh, Max and others for organising this amazing event. Shame that the building is to be torn down. As usual Niko has done an excellent job capturing the event in the many pics. No Steve and I are not related but have a long history in liking similar bikes and cars. Absolutely amazing that an internet operated group of enthusiasts can draw such a response from local and interstate Porsche owners. Can it be repeated as an annual event somewhere else? Maybe but the first time is always the most memorable.

Well said Gary...+1

Oh.... but you and Steve do make a nice couple though, I have to say.:ph34r: 

Hey Niko I got a little excited (and a lot surprised) there for a second when you had a photo of my blue SC and the words "car of the show award" below.....until I realised you were talking about the Cayman next to me!!! Ha ha. Great day, great cars, great people. 

2 minutes ago, Big Easy said:

Hey Niko I got a little excited (and a lot surprised) there for a second when you had a photo of my blue SC and the words "car of the show award" below.....until I realised you were talking about the Cayman next to me!!! Ha ha. Great day, great cars, great people. 

Ha ha, sorry Mate,  actually it was nearly a dead heat, yours came in a very close second.

IMG_3354IMG_3348

Woops forgot these two 

28 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

You could came come with me Adam, the invite was there ?  would have just had to tell the Mrs she couldn't come on the boat with me?

Well worth the trip over, should have stayed further into the afternoon....  Just have the boring as batshit day trip back on the boat, we're just outside the heads now, a little rolly so will be interesting to see how the rest of the passengers hold up.  

Thanks Peter, it was tempting...

I would feel "naked" without my car along as well. Plus heaps of stuff to do at home. I will be in Melb later in the year, hope to organise a catch-up/ meet with a few then :)

Awesome day guys, was spewing I couldn't hang around longer and meet even more of you.

I took more photos that this but most of the above are better so I'll only upload the different ones. It's an awesome old building, looks great in black and white.

Thanks for having us John.

DFDABBCD-FDB4-42F2-9B6D-6E930D19E48C.jpg

758DDB9E-7622-48F9-9DF8-71E4E6EA0883.jpg

CE84D464-71AE-4E27-BA03-73DBD8D2F171.jpg

23A72EA5-4B01-42FA-9A86-7D4D9D964617.jpg

2F9640A2-1AD1-42BE-BA51-CA2271EA4A1F.jpg

7FE46BE3-FC93-4372-A6C1-5456D1ED8A30.jpg

7615CF8C-B824-493A-A9CC-92E7BA30B049.jpg

I dont know how many times I was approached yesterday with people asking if they could buy one of the "Promo" posters. I think I will look into getting a batch printed if there is enough interest.......... I will cost them out this week. Can I have an indication of who would to buy one if they work out under $10?

Archived