[VIC] PORSCHE HANGAR BANGER!

Kerry

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

So, just a quick question @polorot, @Kerry - initial discussion I think indicated BYO for a BBQ etc.  Is this still the way to go, or are there places close by to eat, Food trucks visiting etc, and particularly, will there be a coffee cart as we know that caffeine is an necessary as oil!!!

thanks  Peter

Hi Peter,

There will be coffee on site, food is available within a short stroll down the street. 

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

So, just a quick question @polorot, @Kerry - initial discussion I think indicated BYO for a BBQ etc.  Is this still the way to go, or are there places close by to eat, Food trucks visiting etc, and particularly, will there be a coffee cart as we know that caffeine is an necessary as oil!!!

thanks  Peter

Peter,

Coffee cart on site, together with basic BBQ...... Sausage sizzle. The Hangar is 50 metres from a good variety of eating venues (not to mention a fantastic wine bar.)

46 minutes ago, polorot said:

Peter,

Coffee cart on site, together with basic BBQ...... Sausage sizzle. The Hangar is 50 metres from a good variety of eating venues (not to mention a fantastic wine bar.)

Thank you Sir:D

22 hours ago, polorot said:

Peter,

Is it BYO bangers?  Or is it the gold coin donation BBQ "borrowed" from the local Bunnings?

At this stage the weather is looking ok... A welcome change after the heatwave,  possible shower in the afternoon/evening.. 26 degrees

Should make for a nice morning drive down!

Mostly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening and the risk of thunderstorms. Light winds becoming south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening. - BOM

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering how a buzzing swarm of porsches (& there will be many) are going to get a spot in the hangar if the doors don't open till 11am??

I can see a bun-fight happening... or maybe  a collaborative arrangement between car-friendly acquaintances.... hmmm?

@polorot...?

21 minutes ago, Philbee said:

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering how a buzzing swarm of porsches (& there will be many) are going to get a spot in the hangar if the doors don't open till 11am??

I can see a bun-fight happening... or maybe  a collaborative arrangement between car-friendly acquaintances.... hmmm?

@polorot...?

Every man for himself. I'm imagining when we arrive, a scene along these lines... 

heres-how-the-insane-vehicles-were-creat

1 hour ago, Philbee said:

@polorot...?

Although the event will run for most of the day it seems that everyone wants to be there before the doors open, I'm assuming this is to secure "premium" parking? Unfortunately there is only so much we can do.................

There will be 2 main doors, one for entry and one for exit. Entry will be limited to 1 car at a time and on entry the cars will the need to be parked etc - this will no doubt take time. So pending a mass arrival we wont be able to park cars instantly, patience and some common sense will be required. 

We will have Marshals assisting with entry and parking to try and make it as efficient as possible, but again everyone's patience and co-operation would be appreciated. 

I believe a map/plan will also be posted on here and FB to allow people to familiarise themselves with the layout prior to arrival on Saturday. 

I'm sure @Kerry and @polorot will chime in with further instructions but its worth remembering that there is only so much we can do and control from our end. I'm not sure how busy the roads will be around this area on a Saturday, but if we could all just be conscious and mindful of others around to avoid any potential for incident that would be my advice. 

There should be plenty of room, time and coffee so everyone can relax. B)

1 hour ago, Philbee said:

@polorot...?

Hugh explained the situation perfectly, The streets are quiet usually around that time and there is plenty of parking while cars are waiting to be parked. We have organised parking marshalls to help get everyone in as quickly and safely as possible. Once the Hangar is full, the adjoining open air car park will hold up to another 60 cars.

10 minutes ago, KG said:

I'm not sure if has been stated but what is the capacity of the hanger (how many cars)? Also, will the layout allow for cars to exit at anytime, or are we packing them in? 

Not sure on the final capacity but the layout will allow for people to come and go as required. 

Obviously air-cooled and the rarer cars I'm assuming are preferred, but is there any priority when it comes to spots in the hangar..?  Simply first come first serve?

Asking for a couple of mates who have some tasty 993s - I won't be venturing in with my stock looking 997 by any means :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, 911 Snake said:

Obviously air-cooled and the rarer cars I'm assuming are preferred, but is there any priority when it comes to spots in the hangar..?  Simply first come first serve?

Asking for a couple of mates who have some tasty 993s - I won't be venturing in with my stock looking 997 by any means :ph34r:

All Porsche's are welcome, there wont be any discrimination or preference parking - just come and go as you please. 

45 minutes ago, Stew F said:

I'm looking forward to the drive over tomorrow. I think the forecast for country SA and Vic is around 40°.  That's going to be fun with no aircon. 

Drive fast with the windows down.

Could be worse. You could be in an old English car with that hot smelly motor in front of you cooking your feet in the foot well.

49 minutes ago, Stew F said:

I'm looking forward to the drive over tomorrow. I think the forecast for country SA and Vic is around 40°.  That's going to be fun with no aircon. 

Yeah bugger that mate. I left at 3am in the Kombi I told you about when the forecast was 40, and was cooking by 9am. Keep up the fluids 

Archived