997 GT3 Market Watch

19 hours ago, hugh said:

No doubt the 997 is a big step up from the 996 but I would argue that there is more of a growing enthusiast market for 996’s. It’s a different buyer, but personally, I’d value a neat 996.1 over a 997.1 - it’s not too dissimilar to what the 964/993 market has experienced. 

Fair enough i tend to look at the basics ie cars fundamentals and take a longer term view based on this. They are all great cars let’s see what this all looks like in 5 years. 

8 hours ago, SS 3 said:

Fair enough i tend to look at the basics ie cars fundamentals and take a longer term view based on this. They are all great cars let’s see what this all looks like in 5 years. 

On paper, you wouldn’t expect a 73RS to be worth more than any GT3 model but there are ultimately various factors that play a part in creating desirability. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone see where the collecting cars bidding finished on the 997.1 GT3 CS (NSW) this afternoon? Unfortunately I missed it, got passed in so can’t access anything from their website. Was @205k with a couple of hours to go, my guess was low 2’s? 

9 minutes ago, hugh said:

Anyone see where the collecting cars bidding finished on the 997.1 GT3 CS (NSW) this afternoon? Unfortunately I missed it, got passed in so can’t access anything from their website. Was @205k with a couple of hours to go, my guess was low 2’s? 

$227k + BP I am told 

8 hours ago, hugh said:

Seems about right, obviously below the sellers expectations though. 

Hugh,

Did you notice the service records?  The early entries appeared unusual.

There was also no mention of overrev history too.  Again I thought that was odd too.

30 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Hugh,

Did you notice the service records?  The early entries appeared unusual.

There was also no mention of overrev history too.  Again I thought that was odd too.

No Peter, I didn’t get as far as looking through the service records. Given it didn’t sell, no doubt it will pop up again somewhere else. 

I think there are a lot of sellers out there that will need to adjust expectations closer in-line with pre-covid pricing if they actually want to move their cars. An auction platform like Collecting Cars gives a real indication of where the current market is at. Pre covid a 997.1 GT3 was circa 200k, so I’d say the final bid is fair buying. There is a glut of them at 250-270 on CS and at that pricing I can’t see them moving. 

The car had one odd service ( Fast Way Motors ) but it ran flawlessly in the 6 years that i owned the vehicle.

During my time if ownership it was serviced at PCM Motorsport division and had a zero overrev report.

I still have the photo of the report and PCSS have an updated one aswell

2 hours ago, hugh said:

No Peter, I didn’t get as far as looking through the service records. Given it didn’t sell, no doubt it will pop up again somewhere else. 

I think there are a lot of sellers out there that will need to adjust expectations closer in-line with pre-covid pricing if they actually want to move their cars. An auction platform like Collecting Cars gives a real indication of where the current market is at. Pre covid a 997.1 GT3 was circa 200k, so I’d say the final bid is fair buying. There is a glut of them at 250-270 on CS and at that pricing I can’t see them moving. 

I agree! And I actually think that is a pretty strong result in the climate if you include the BP... mid $200's prior to 2020 would have bagged you a 997.2 ... and for the record you are bang on with the $200k +/- being the high tide mark prior. 

This goes for all the Porsche GT market ^^ IMO, same way I don't think a 991.1 GT3 is a $300k~ car 

5 minutes ago, edgy said:

I agree! And I actually think that is a pretty strong result in the climate if you include the BP... mid $200's prior to 2020 would have bagged you a 997.2 ... and for the record you are bang on with the $200k +/- being the high tide mark prior. 

This goes for all the Porsche GT market ^^ IMO, same way I don't think a 991.1 GT3 is a $300k~ car 

What do you think of 991.2 gt3 manual then @edgy ??   still 400+? 

1 hour ago, Peter 996 said:

The car had one odd service ( Fast Way Motors ) but it ran flawlessly in the 6 years that i owned the vehicle.

During my time if ownership it was serviced at PCM Motorsport division and had a zero overrev report.

I still have the photo of the report and PCSS have an updated one aswell

Interestingly in the comments on collecting cars PCSS noted it had overrevs all in the lower ranges. 

It’s still on their website asking $289k drive away.

https://finder.porsche.com/au/en-AU/details/porsche-911-gt3-preowned-P68P6E?condition=used&dealership=10055

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Love how a 997.2 is now priced below from 997.1 gt3’s and still isn’t moving. Lotta dreamers out there with 997.1’s chasing the high water mark of last year. 

The dealer has been changing the price up and down on this over the past few weeks/months..................