997 GT3 Market Watch

On 18/11/2022 at 19:19, Carrera86 said:

Any thoughts on the 997 GT3 market ? overpriced at the moment ?

seems you have to pay over $200k now 

A lot of the sellers on Carsales will let the cars now go for 250-260k based on my enquiries. Still a pretty decent premium compared to pre Covid. I haven’t seen many move at high 200s 

This may provide some direction as to current pricing:

https://www.manheim.com.au/passenger-vehicles/000000000006555453/2010-porsche-911--997--gt3-2d-coupé?referringPage=AuctionListing&saleid=NPBN104

Clubsport with full service history by the look of it.

6 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

https://www.manheim.com.au/passenger-vehicles/000000000006555453/2010-porsche-911--997--gt3-2d-coupé?referringPage=AuctionListing&saleid=NPBN104

With a starting bid of $290k, and given there's already three of the same spec with half the km's that have been sitting on Carsales for months ... my guess is the only direction we'll get is "passed in with no bids" ... but lets see!

On 21/11/2022 at 18:08, JWM said:

With a starting bid of $290k, and given there's already three of the same spec with half the km's that have been sitting on Carsales for months ... my guess is the only direction we'll get is "passed in with no bids" ... but lets see!

The car is at Manheim a 7.2 where the others online are 7.1's - still a high starting point to get some bidding in my opinion regardless of reserve... don't see 7.2's come up very often

8 minutes ago, DD911 said:

The car is at Manheim a 7.2 where the others online are 7.1's - still a high starting point to get some bidding in my opinion regardless of reserve... don't see 7.2's come up very often

Ah, my mistake, I only looked quickly and thought it was a 7.1. That may be more interesting then, even if it’s just passed in, but agree reserve still too high. 

On 21/11/2022 at 18:08, JWM said:

Looking like that may be the case.  No bids at this stage, 25 hours to go...........

On 21/11/2022 at 11:21, TwoHeadsTas said:

This GT3 has been for sale a long time.  At a small dealership in Brighton (Melbourne) off and on CS for over a year.  I don't have a VIN for definite confirmation, but the specs, kms, etc are all identical. 

The price advertised was altered up and down all over the place, between $349-$389k (iirc). I understand a forum member even had arranged a PPi at one stage. Obviously didn't proceed. 

56 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Looking like that may be the case.  No bids at this stage, 25 hours to go...........

Once I realised it was a .2 I thought it might get a bid there … I guess we’ll see. 

11 minutes ago, luzzo said:

This GT3 has been for sale a long time.  At a small dealership in Brighton (Melbourne) off and on CS for over a year.  I don't have a VIN for definite confirmation, but the specs, kms, etc are all identical. 

The price advertised was altered up and down all over the place, between $349-$389k (iirc). I understand a forum member even had arranged a PPi at one stage. Obviously didn't proceed. 

I wonder if there’s something just holding this specific car back?

If not, seems like lots of advertised cars need a big haircut … Is it fair to say the only “no brainer, pull the trigger” price on any of them would be “what it would have cost at the end of 2019”?

27 minutes ago, JWM said:

Is it fair to say the only “no brainer, pull the trigger” price on any of them would be “what it would have cost at the end of 2019”?

It will depend on the car, but, I'd say in general pricing is still at least 10-15% inflated beyond what people are prepared to transact - not to say that some cars aren't still selling at this rate though. This is still above 2019 pricing by a similar margin. 

Depends on the car. If Boomers are interested it is still transacting. Case in point 993 Turbos and certain 964s.

If rates keep rising, 15% haircut isn't enough on most other advertised 911s. Advertised prices are still ridiculous. This is not just a Porsche thing. It is all the high end marques.

- RWD Huracans were transacting with a 2 in front of them pre-covid. Cheapest advertised now is $399500.

- 458 Ferraris were low 300s for the ones that were moving, now advertised at $450k (although one sold around $360k two months back).

Pricing has a long way to fall imo.

Car at Manheim obviously didn't get any bids or didn't reach reserve.  Back up again, no starting price shown at this stage....

https://www.manheim.com.au/passenger-vehicles/000000000006555453/2010-porsche-911--997--gt3-2d-coupé?referringPage=AuctionListing&saleid=NPBN105

On 28/11/2022 at 20:18, TwoHeadsTas said:

OK, that's interesting, they must put up the auction and go back later and put in their opening figure.  Certainly wasn't anything there early this morning......

You were right - definitely becoming an interesting test of the market ...

8 minutes ago, tomk86 said:

I don’t think this is the type of car you purchase from Fowles auctions….even at a 50k discount

That in itself is a sign of the return to normal. 12 months ago someone would have purchased it sight unseen from the dark side of the moon at a 50k markup 🤣

I'm going to put my two cents worth in as i think i know what they sell for, i just moved my .1 with 48K on the clock and it was no where near 200K, it was well above

ill leave it that for all of you to ponder where the market is.....

Edited by Peter 996
spelling mistake

19 minutes ago, Peter 996 said:

I'm going to put my two cents worth in as i think i know what they sell for, i just moved my .1 with 48K on the clock and it was no where near 200K, it was well above

ill leave it that for all of you to ponder where the market is.....

Agreed . I sold my .2 above that price pre Covid . I think it is more the Km on the car that is holding it back not that the sky is falling 

On 21/11/2022 at 12:38, JWM said:

This  is an odd one. !
I enquired long time ago, apparently had some major maintenance issues. That could explain why it’s been hanging around for such a long time.