997 GT3 Market Watch

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JWM said:

For keen followers of very rare white 997 GT3s 😝 ... this 997.2 was passed in at $254k this afternoon:

image.thumb.png.b8be756186b7c29e65e5b1104782712e.png

@JWM  thanks for posting here.

I didn't get to see this listing, and now that its not sold, there are no details showing. 

Do you have any Spec details? 

Kms? 

Clubsport? 

Thanks. 

28 minutes ago, luzzo said:

@JWM  thanks for posting here.

I didn't get to see this listing, and now that its not sold, there are no details showing. 

Do you have any Spec details? 

Kms? 

Clubsport? 

Thanks. 

I hate how they do that … here it is: https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2010-porsche-911-997-2-gt3-2

To save the details here, it had done 73,000km.

The Q&A gets deleted when they close an auction too, but in there, the seller confirmed this was a “Touring” spec but it had had the buckets and a half roll cage fitted at some stage. 

11 hours ago, JWM said:

For keen followers of very rare white 997 GT3s 😝 ... this 997.2 was passed in at $254k this afternoon:

image.thumb.png.b8be756186b7c29e65e5b1104782712e.png

12 months ago I would have said that was $50k low.  I thought it now absolutely spot on and a sell.   I wonder what they think it worth, seems a good bid.  Ie $254 in hand for a 13 year old gt3.  

3 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I thought it now absolutely spot on and a sell.  

Agree. I was expecting bids to wrap up at around the 250 mark, would have been surprised if they were much higher. I'd say that's a pretty clear indicator for where the current market is at (or heading). It shows why the lack of movement on the mid to high 2's price tag on the 997.1's listed on CS at the moment. 

21 minutes ago, JWM said:

So if that’s ~ fair value for a 997.2, where does it put a 997.1, 996.2 and 996.1?

It would seem, 997.1 low 2's, 996 GT3 (.1 or .2) 180-200 depending on condition spec. etc. You might get the odd special case here or there but that's where I'd expect them to transact if people are wanting to sell. 

1 hour ago, hugh said:

It would seem, 997.1 low 2's, 996 GT3 (.1 or .2) 180-200 depending on condition spec. etc. You might get the odd special case here or there but that's where I'd expect them to transact if people are wanting to sell. 

Agree with this too, and I think you mentioned it some time back, but in ordinary circumstances (i.e. when the world isn't about to end) you can work back off RS pricing, which is almost always double the vanilla GT3 (and some change at times), if you look in the UK, you can see some consistency in this delta. 

This is the White Melbourne one I very nearly ended up buying  had deposit down on and the PPI showed crash respair damage from an off the track outing isn't it. AlWAYS do a PPI with someone who knows these cars.

Glad I didn't follow though and bought my peachy one.

21 hours ago, hugh said:

Under those 997 prices I’d put 996 back to 150-160   Or bump the 997 up 

the 997 series is a major step above the 996 in all aspects similar to the the 992 over the 991 

@edgy vanilla GT3 😂😂. You must own an RS very little difference between vanilla and RS in the 996/7 eras 😎😂 

2 hours ago, SS 3 said:

Under those 997 prices I’d put 996 back to 150-160   Or bump the 997 up 

the 997 series is a major step above the 996 in all aspects similar to the the 992 over the 991 

@edgy vanilla GT3 😂😂. You must own an RS very little difference between vanilla and RS in the 996/7 eras 😎😂 

No doubt the 997 is a big step up from the 996 but I would argue that there is more of a growing enthusiast market for 996’s. It’s a different buyer, but personally, I’d value a neat 996.1 over a 997.1 - it’s not too dissimilar to what the 964/993 market has experienced. 

4 hours ago, SS 3 said:

What I own is irrelevant 💩 that’s how they’re referred to in flavours, and yes you pay a lot more for the chocolate chip vanilla… when has it ever been any different? 

2 minutes ago, micknine01 said:

I’ll buy as many as you can find at that price 👍

Plus you’d all have to endure me saying they’re too cheap all over again!