997 GT3 Market Watch

23 hours ago, JWM said:

That in itself is a sign of the return to normal. 12 months ago someone would have purchased it sight unseen from the dark side of the moon at a 50k markup 🤣

Boredom and Bitcoin does that to people.. it really comes down to whats well priced and whats special.. at the moment I feel.  We all really want our GT car to be special, not spanked and passed around the auction houses and wholesalers.. even if it is merely a perception thing.  They  all need to be virgins in the eyes of the new owners!  

On 21/11/2022 at 11:21, TwoHeadsTas said:

This may provide some direction as to current pricing:

https://www.manheim.com.au/passenger-vehicles/000000000006555453/2010-porsche-911--997--gt3-2d-coupé?referringPage=AuctionListing&saleid=NPBN104

Clubsport with full service history by the look of it.

Just received a Carsales notification to say Dealer has reduced price from $379,900 to $328,888. 🤑

33 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Just received a Carsales notification to say Dealer has reduced price from $379,900 to $328,888. 🤑

But also the “Dealer comes to you” so there is that 😂

1D06B11E-998B-4E78-BDDA-E0E92F138AEE.jpeg

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

You could probably land a 997.2 RS from the UK for the same price as a locally delivered 997.1RS. 

a .2 RS is the only other car I’d happily let me 4RS go for. They are a 🍑 

Very interesting you'd let the 4RS go for the 997.2 RS.

Ive driven my friends .2RS years ago when l had my GT4. .2 is a great car but to me felt the GT4 was a better balanced car and a lot more fun through the back roads.

2 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

You could probably land a 997.2 RS from the UK for the same price as a locally delivered 997.1RS. 

Thankfully anti consumer import laws protect us from doing that 😂 

seems they’re circa £200k GBP, so a touch over $500k Aussie with exchange & taxes, what are they selling for here? I’ve heard $600k a couple of time recently 

10 hours ago, Aclmin said:

Hi all, any leads on a driver quality .1RS?  (other than the black on listed on car sales)

RS green is the goal, but others considered too.

Thanks

Seldom do they appear, you could always try a wanted ad and see who comes out of the woodwork! 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Very interesting you'd let the 4RS go for the 997.2 RS.

Ive driven my friends .2RS years ago when l had my GT4. .2 is a great car but to me felt the GT4 was a better balanced car and a lot more fun through the back roads.

Nothing logical from me. It’s just the one I’ve always wanted 😆 

20 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I'd say the .2 is over the depreciation hump, the limiting factor on long term price is likely going to be the fact it has 3 pedals for the younger generations.

No idea on current values, only sales I've heard about have been private.

I agree on the depreciation however I’d be very surprised if the gearbox configuration had anything to do with on the long term price if anything I think the manual will be part of the allure.

6 hours ago, edgy said:

seems they’re circa £200k GBP, so a touch over $500k Aussie with exchange & taxes, what are they selling for here? I’ve heard $600k a couple of time recently 

200 gbp is about Au$345 on my rate, plus say $10k to get it here and complied, another say ? 15% in duties and would be $400k or so.  
‘I’m pegging $450k for .2 in current market locally? 

9 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

200 gbp is about Au$345 on my rate, plus say $10k to get it here and complied, another say ? 15% in duties and would be $400k or so.  
‘I’m pegging $450k for .2 in current market locally? 

Could be wrong on my maths (and looks like I was initially) but this was essentially the equation: 

£200,000.00 / 0.55 = $363,636.00 

LCT 33% above $60k 

$303,636.00 * 1.33 = $403,835 + $60,000 = $463,835

GST @ 10% = $46,383.00

Total = $510,219.00~ 

+ Shipping & duty if applicable 

I’m glad the LCT is protecting our local car industry 😂

Edited by edgy
Shitty maths

1 minute ago, edgy said:

Could be wrong on my maths (and looks like I was initially) but this was essentially the equation: 

£200,000.00 / 0.55 = $363,636.00 

LCT 33% above $60k 

$303,636.00 * 1.33 = $483,636 + $60,000 = $543,636 

GST @ 10% = $54,636.00 

Total = $597,999.00 

+ Shipping & duty if applicable 

I’m glad the LCT is protecting our local car industry 😂

Aha. Luxury Cary tax… heavens what nonsense we have here sometimes.  

AFAIK, it's the other way round. You pay LCT on the import duty + GST price.

The sequence is:

+ Customs value (assume price paid or 3rd party valuation)

+ Duty

+ GST on  the customs value + duty

+ LCT on  the customs value + duty + GST

So you actually pay a tax on a tax on a tax!

The trick to whether the economics work or not is the initial valuation from which everything is then calculated.  Typically, the cost of  car from the UK can be pretty much automatically discounted by 20% when arriving at a "customs amount". The condition of the car is also another consideration in calculating the price. If it's in average condition, you will often get a further 10-20% discount on the "custom price".

As an example, I recently went to import a 993 Turbo with only 35,000kms on the clock. The UK price was GBP 150K. The "friendly" 3rd party valuation for customs purposes was  AUD 170K. Not the AUD 270K you might assume if you simply calculated the customers value from the purchase price.

7 hours ago, hugh said:

While the family is asleep, you’re searching 997 GT3s………..🤔