997 GT3 Market Watch

Just now, Peter John said:

Nor do I. For memory the car came online start of January so almost 5 months. Market  talking or just poorly marketed?

I thought that car would have moved a lot quicker looked like a good car and previous seller reduced the price several times to move it on .

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I thought that car would have moved a lot quicker looked like a good car and previous seller reduced the price several times to move it on .

Next lad with fat wallet and penis in hand .. will surely buy it now .. cos the red one sold at ......thats always a good reference ..  gotta be good if its over 300 😃. Good for the Gram ratings anyway

7 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

In 2015 ish a 7.2 GT3 was

1and Bit x long bonnet

2x 993

3x 964

4x 3.2

5x sc

7x 996

it’s just Porsche maths 

Makes total sense to me .... ;)   But hang on I will have to put me glasses on ... how many beers did it take you to remember that ?

9 minutes ago, symsy said:

Makes total sense to me .... ;)   But hang on I will have to put me glasses on ... how many beers did it take you to remember that ?

None, I did the porsche math at the time and it stuck, so going by the above calculations they are still a bit undervalued, hope the stay down as a man’s got limitations to temptation and I would hate to let it go For only 5 996’s

3 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

None, I did the porsche math at the time and it stuck, so going by the above calculations they are still a bit undervalued, hope the stay down as a man’s got limitations to temptation and I would hate to let it go For only 5 996’s

I would say in todays marked you would most likely be 3 996s and a SC with a full tank of fuel 

On 25/05/2022 at 16:33, wilson59 said:

Price change to 299,900- the good old trick of changing listing from including onroads, to without onroads, then, to include…

3 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

For $300K surely they could have sent the car just down the road to BM Leather Creations and spent $200.00 or so to fix the sticky climate control buttons..?

They didn't even need to send the car. BM will usually offer a changeover item. So all they had to do was whip out the old and in with the new.

Maybe $300k for a car these days is not enough to warrant the effort. 🙄 

Sadly, dealers lately have really dropped the ball (imho). I have been looking at lots of cars recently and noticed they are putting very little effort into presentation.  Seems the lack of stock has increased the opportunity to make quick profits, and decreased the care. 

8 minutes ago, luzzo said:

They didn't even need to send the car. BM will usually offer a changeover item. So all they had to do was whip out the old and in with the new.

Sadly, dealers lately have really dropped the ball (imho). I have been looking at lots of cars recently and noticed they are putting very little effort into presentation.  Seems the lack of stock has increased the opportunity to make quick profits, and decreased the care. 

Just like real estate agents. In real times they’d walk the streets and drop fliers, follow up leads, and would call old clients asking if they are ready for a move. In busy times they don’t need to massage. Good dealers keep their black book and milk it- they also know to spend a little will help make a bit more.

22 hours ago, luzzo said:

$300K? Fuuuuuuark me - I bought a new car for my Brother in law over the weekend...... What a mission! Ended up slightly used - people have a different meaning of "mint" than myself.....

Car dealers couldn't  give a rats a$$ about a $40K (!!!) Corolla - No chance in hell a GT3 would be presented well..... 

Popped into a dealer In Brighton today as I was next door at the Good Guys. A 997.2 turbo caught my eye but at asking near $300k I think I’ll pass. 
Nonetheless I was invited into the back area for a squizz. 
So is $400k taking the piss for a (2010) 997 GT3

70k from memory?

Also some of its stable mates.

A12EB5F8-68D5-4BF5-8AD9-E4C23EE17348.thumb.jpeg.4365a74bee11bf8741245c0d7ad82eab.jpegAF058C49-2AC7-487A-BE5A-08C89A7BA4EA.thumb.jpeg.2a752debb20764dbd49373801dc02942.jpegED8ACE82-EFCC-4E9A-8971-AA41F5FA769B.thumb.jpeg.f14298d26d2288d0d564fdbef78b4ba5.jpeg

8 hours ago, Joz said:

Popped into a dealer In Brighton today as I was next door at the Good Guys. A 997.2 turbo caught my eye but at asking near $300k I think I’ll pass. 
Nonetheless I was invited into the back area for a squizz. 
So is $400k taking the piss for a (2010) 997 GT3

70k from memory?

Also some of its stable mates.

A12EB5F8-68D5-4BF5-8AD9-E4C23EE17348.thumb.jpeg.4365a74bee11bf8741245c0d7ad82eab.jpegAF058C49-2AC7-487A-BE5A-08C89A7BA4EA.thumb.jpeg.2a752debb20764dbd49373801dc02942.jpegED8ACE82-EFCC-4E9A-8971-AA41F5FA769B.thumb.jpeg.f14298d26d2288d0d564fdbef78b4ba5.jpeg

It's been on car sales for some time going from low $300 K to mid $300 K to high $300K so yes it's just stupid .

On 31/05/2022 at 17:15, wilson59 said:

This thing sat for ages then like magic it’s sold .

Must be trade ins that gets the deal done 

And like magic it's for sale again at a new drive away price . Beyond my pay grade

38 minutes ago, on_booost said:

I am convinced no car ever sells . I thought that one sold as well