997 GT3 Market Watch

4 minutes ago, tomo said:

I think that you will find that cup cars come with a " Motor Sport Vin" that is stamped on the body when on the assembly line  and is the main reason they can not be registered on the road. I think the only bloke that could get "White body" cars was RuFF  but now he is a recognised  car builder in his own right he supplies his own chassis and vin.

Thats my understanding. Motorsport Vin but the chassis wont have ADR compliance. So that Vin wont be registerable. 

26 minutes ago, Rick V said:

My 996 GT3 is registered as a 4 seater.  PO had belts fitted, but no rear seats or backs when I got it.  4 seat rego in Tas may be a carry over from how it was reg'd in Vic??

1 hour ago, James P said:

I have FOR SALE this stunning rare 997.1 GT3 RS with $70k of options, Aust delivered, Books, Serviced every 3000kms

30,000kms, PCCB, Full Carbon Package, Xenon's, Nav & more, Get in touch... James 0417369649 

oh my

11 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Bet you're stoked about that mate! 🙄😭

Its life dude .. I remember when i nearly sold the TT for $80k... now back on the upcycle at 4+ ,  Its all just a game mate , massdebation , cocks and cars .. and if you wanna stroke your ego you play with the cars and your dick .. 

I dont know where the 30-40%  comes from , oh hang on I do , we just print some more of this fabricated reality called money . thats devaluing at a rate of knots .. along with inflation going up.. whilst some trade trinkets .

Salaries and business havent seen 40% you  growth at some point , fundamentals have to come into the world...and balance will happen. Im not playing the debt is good game dude, dont reckon theres much to win on now and possibly only room to lose on .     As I have said , they are outstanding and probably up there in the top 3 cars i have ever driven .. but they aint that money ..even if someone pays it ..

The only value is here it , getting 10,000 kms of good hard driving in and smiling about it in one of these things and get the $ /km at a rate that that it aint killed ya..and ya feel ya had fun, churning tyres , and burning plenty of 98.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Alfa Miura said:

Looked nice but passed in under reserve at $230k. 

https://tradinggarage.com/product/2007-porsche-911-997-gt3-clubsport/

Well that’s a good indication of pricing and market demand for 997gt3. Looks a very good spec and clean car.  Top bid $230k, plus fees. 
….that’s also about 10% less than they traded pre Xmas. I’m aware same is happening in 996 gt3 demand and pricing levels😳. ⤵️ 💡

Still its a lot of money come to think about it! 

1 hour ago, mc968cs said:

Well that’s a good indication of pricing and market demand for 997gt3. Looks a very good spec and clean car.  Top bid $230k, plus fees. 
….that’s also about 10% less than they traded pre Xmas. I’m aware same is happening in 996 gt3 demand and pricing levels😳. ⤵️ 💡

Still its a lot of money come to think about it! 

Yep it shows where the markets at , second attempt to sell that car ..Its quite high mileage ...and not perfect by any means and not the best spec,  but a good enough car.

There have been bugger all for sale .. well in the mainstream..  

I feel they were a 200-225k a year or so ago and really they may have some FOMO , Covid boredom, electrification being the death-nail of NA cars and other things nudging peoples interest but are maybe +10-15% since then. Just cos there aint any cars in the market dont mean they are worth more .

1 hour ago, mc968cs said:

Well that’s a good indication of pricing and market demand f

Agree, it's a good indication of buyer appetite. 

But I'm not sure about this selling platform. It's strange.  During auction bidding, you have no indication of reserve, whether the current bid is over reserve, or whether you are bidding to win. It just comes up as under reserve after auction closes.

Then, post auction, the listing is removed. 

13 hours ago, Alfa Miura said:

Looked nice but passed in under reserve at $230k. 

https://tradinggarage.com/product/2007-porsche-911-997-gt3-clubsport/

Click the link above and its like it never existed. 

Not sure that this site captures a large representation of the Buyer market either. 

35 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Not sure that this site captures a large representation of the Buyer market either. 

Interesting viewpoint

Do you think If theres only two - three cars to look at on any platforms im sure .. anyone interested in these cars , wouldnt be looking .. ?

Im guessing you would get the attention of most right now and that it is representative on some levels..?

If you saw the bidders . there were quite a few 180+. which is the trade starting value is it not for such cars and perhaps by then you would have flushed out the wannabes and bargain hunters ? Getting indication of demand for that kinda car, albeit one with more kms than the garage queens.

I agree dont like the auction platform so much, with its reserve and post auction poor visibility  , but you gotta love an auction for getting real .. gotta be better than the LLoyds site 🤪😉😉

If you add up whats on market and  plugged into the off market discussions , I think its more realistic , to say there aint no market .. with so few transactions taking place.. 

Interest there maybe but market .. for me a market would  equate to multiple offerings and multiple buyers and multiple sales would you not agree ?

I wonder what we can trend from these snapshot sales and offerings? I only just started looking at a second car again .. the only constant here seems to be the known circumstances of a public auction.

Have you been watching?  Do you have any info you can share ?