997 GT3 Market Watch

4 hours ago, sleazius said:

Interest rates rise and you may find they're a $150k car :Chuckle2:

Good I will buy back in then or go without one  , I think my old car in this market would be 40%-50% higher than what it was jan 2021.. and simply not worth it.

Great cars but not at that price point.. we can all whinge about rises but I was going to get 991 Manual.. but again 100k increases .. these cars that are not so scarce and still new .. for me its a mugs game to get involved.     

11 hours ago, symsy said:

Good I will buy back in then or go without one  , I think my old car in this market would be 40%-50% higher than what it was jan 2021.. and simply not worth it.

Great cars but not at that price point.. we can all whinge about rises but I was going to get 991 Manual.. but again 100k increases .. these cars that are not so scarce and still new .. for me its a mugs game to get involved.     

I agree

30 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Same price as last time if I recall correctly....

Yes the very top of the market for now perhaps !  Its looking like quite a few of these high priced cars have landed in the plateau 

5 hours ago, JLD said:

Isn't that the one that crashed quite significantly?

Can we get your feel for those words you choose  , quite significantly ..  you dont have to talk about that car in particular ..Im just trying to get your perspective for research purposes.. 

I mean is that like , did touch the brakes , didnt touched the brakes , was that on the gas in 3rd or 4th  and arsed kissed something or just hooning like and arse .... or is that Tboned at the lights.

I also want to know  if surfaces come into your choice of words,  surface involvement area  we talking smooth tarmac , organic non tarmac like materials or your average road kinda insignificant .

Or is it just a measure of money significant , level of plastic replaced or level of metal realigned or unpicked and reweleded..

;) 

I

4 hours ago, NAC911 said:

Man that mob sure know how to put sauce on everything...

If you have an average meal maybe you need to put sauce on it .. or cover it in icing sugar to sweeten it up 

6 hours ago, JLD said:

Isn't that the one that crashed quite significantly?

I believe one of those was rolled in Targa and rebodied, and some have said this is the one. I think the RS4.0 has got to be one of the ultimate modern Porsches, but how many people are going to put down $1.1million for a rebodied car if that is what this is?

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Can we get your feel for those words you choose  , quite significantly ..  you dont have to talk about that car in particular ..Im just trying to get your perspective for research purposes.. 

I mean is that like , did touch the brakes , didnt touched the brakes , was that on the gas in 3rd or 4th  and arsed kissed something or just hooning like and arse .... or is that Tboned at the lights.

I also want to know  if surfaces come into your choice of words,  surface involvement area  we talking smooth tarmac , organic non tarmac like materials or your average road kinda insignificant .

Or is it just a measure of money significant , level of plastic replaced or level of metal realigned or unpicked and reweleded..

;) 

I

If you have an average meal maybe you need to put sauce on it .. or cover it in icing sugar to sweeten it up 

All of the above in a 360 or 180 degree way

10 hours ago, hugh said:

A lot of speculation here. Anybody know for sure? Inspected the car to confirm extent of damage/repairs?  

I have it on good authority that the white car here at 0:35 is the ACTUAL footage of that car……..you can rely on the internet, always…….

10 hours ago, spiller said:

I heard it went back to Germany and Porsche completed the re-shell. In which case, the old VIN is carried over to the new shell and the previous shell is destroyed. 

Yeah i'm not buying that. I honestly cant see Porsche restamping a Vin.....

4 hours ago, NAC911 said:

Well - they re-made a number (IIRC x 5) Gt2RS and actually restarted the 991 production line when a boat sank...... for a little stamping i don't see the issue - especially if someone was paying. 

IMHO rather a rebodied, re-Vinned,  uncrashed car than a repair job - which would - also in my opinion make it a new car. 

Also - Body in white are available with no tags....

7 hours ago, NAC911 said:

This is how they do it with the cup cars. They will not release a new shell any other way. I don’t see why it would be any different with a road car. Carrying the VIN over (with the correct conditions applied - i.e. crushing the old shell before VIN is re-issued) is the best way for Porsche to ensure there aren’t any “duplicates” floating around. 

1 hour ago, spiller said:

This is how they do it with the cup cars. They will not release a new shell any other way. I don’t see why it would be any different with a road car. Carrying the VIN over (with the correct conditions applied - i.e. crushing the old shell before VIN is re-issued) is the best way for Porsche to ensure there aren’t any “duplicates” floating around. 

I think that you will find that cup cars come with a " Motor Sport Vin" that is stamped on the body when on the assembly line  and is the main reason they can not be registered on the road. I think the only bloke that could get "White body" cars was RuFF  but now he is a recognised  car builder in his own right he supplies his own chassis and vin.