This Boxster S has popped up in my home town of Port Macquarie.

Interesting ad (shit in every way) but this could be a gem if it Aus delivered and maybe had the IMS done... though I have my doubts.  Nice colour and interior combo, manual and lowish kms, and has a hard roof priced at $25k.  Posted here with no affiliation just in case it's the one you've been looking for.  Would love to hear how you go if there's a buyer here.  I'm committed to my 944 search ;)

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie/cars-vans-utes/porsche-boxster-s-/1248728257

Before I bought my 987 I looked at quite a few 986’s. I saw a number that had much lower kms than this one. The best of the lot had LN engineering IMS installed, looked absolutely immaculate and the guy was asking $24k. So this guy who won’t budge is dreaming.

1 minute ago, base said:

Before I bought my 987 I looked at quite a few 986’s. I saw a number that had much lower kms than this one. The best of the lot had LN engineering IMS installed, looked absolutely immaculate and the guy was asking $24k. So this guy who won’t budge is dreaming.

I agree.  Just the tone of the ad puts me off.  But if I was looking, it initially ticks a few boxes for me, maybe enough to phone him :D

actually, given that it is a manual S, his price is probably not too far off - perhaps $2 or $3 K, particularly as it does have the hardtop.    However, the hardtop on the silver just doesn't look quite right (or it might be hi.s pictures!!).  The ones I've seen on Lapis Blue or Speed Yellow look much better.  As he's not-negotiable, yes he probably will still have it in 6 months time

12 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

actually, given that it is a manual S, his price is probably not too far off - perhaps $2 or $3 K, particularly as it does have the hardtop.    However, the hardtop on the silver just doesn't look quite right (or it might be hi.s pictures!!).  The ones I've seen on Lapis Blue or Speed Yellow look much better.  As he's not-negotiable, yes he probably will still have it in 6 months time

There’s something about that fleshy pink interior and the hardtop that I find very unappealing. I’m sure it looks better in the flesh though since he’s photos aren’t the best. 

10 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I agree. Just had a look through CS for similar spec cars. Most lower kms around $23-$26k. Hardtop does add some value - if that’s what you’re looking for. Doesn’t do much for me so I don’t think this is the one for me. 

Also couldn’t be bothered dealing with an unreasonable/uninterested seller. 

2 minutes ago, base said:

There’s something about that fleshy pink interior and the hardtop that I find very unappealing. I’m sure it looks better in the flesh though since he’s photos aren’t the best. 

Considering @edgy has the same colour combo and it looks amazing, I’m going to say it’s just his photography skills letting the ad down. 

4 minutes ago, JoshSnell said:

I agree. Just had a look through CS for similar spec cars. Most lower kms around $23-$26k. Hardtop does add some value - if that’s what you’re looking for. Doesn’t do much for me so I don’t think this is the one for me. 

Also couldn’t be bothered dealing with an unreasonable/uninterested seller. 

Just keep a watch on it, perhaps he'll come to his senses in 6 months.  Also, hardtop could be a bonus - every 3 or 4 months you see someone advertising to buy one, sell it to them and reduce you ingoing cost to the car....  Agree hardtop doesn't make much sense on a 986 as the hoods are so good - we had one for our NB MX-5 which did make things nice and snug in winter, but no need on either the 987 or the 981...

6 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Interesting ad (shit in every way) but this could be a gem if it Aus delivered and maybe had the IMS done... though I have my doubts.  Nice colour and interior combo, manual and lowish kms, and has a hard roof priced at $25k.  Posted here with no affiliation just in case it's the one you've been looking for.  Would love to hear how you go if there's a buyer here.  I'm committed to my 944 search ;)

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie/cars-vans-utes/porsche-boxster-s-/1248728257

I’m wondering if this was a UK delivered car

16 hours ago, Fishcop said:

It’s the UK delivered S manual that was  on eBay gumtree for a real long time. Same kilometres more or less.

ims no , clutch no and only barely serviced last 9 years 

Though has hard top In hero  colours 

11 hours ago, michel said:

I’m wondering if this was a UK delivered car

The import sticker is visible on the door frame in picture 5

in my opinion the 987's in the high 20's and low 30's are better buys. Or a 987.2 in the low 40's.

59 minutes ago, t888 said:

The import sticker is visible on the door frame in picture 5

in my opinion the 987's in the high 20's and low 30's are better buys. Or a 987.2 in the low 40's.

That pricing is more in the non S ballpark. For example:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-boxster-987-manual-my05/OAG-AD-18588798/?Cr=0

15 minutes ago, base said:

true it's a base model with a relatively light specification. On the plus side autohaus hamilton are a respected seller and mechanic, it's aus delivered, and it's only got 70k kms on the clock. It has been listed for a few months now so I'd guess it could be picked up in the high 20's.

21 hours ago, base said:

Is that fleshy pink interior just boxster red.  If so, irrespective of the pics, I reckon just a bit of reimagining by changing all the carpet, including up the door cards, to a black along with some leather rejuvination work transforms those interiors to make them much more appealing.

21 hours ago, base said:

Agreed.  The only colour I can handle in the 986 interior is the darkish (Maritime?) blue or black.  The other colours IMHO look naff. 

1 hour ago, Jason E said:

Agreed.  The only colour I can handle in the 986 interior is the darkish (Maritime?) blue or black.  The other colours IMHO look naff. 

Something about that camel interior hits me deep in my soul though...in a good way. 

2 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Is that fleshy pink interior just boxster red.  If so, irrespective of the pics, I reckon just a bit of reimagining by changing all the carpet, including up the door cards, to a black along with some leather rejuvination work transforms those interiors to make them much more appealing.

It's Boxster red. Imo it's a fantastic looking int under a black or silver ext. Always looks way better in real life. Black floor mats are a definate. I've had 3 and the interiors didn't differ much at all in the black accent placements - in a silver 986 S, a Black 993tt and a black 996tts.

B6N4uQs.jpg

49 minutes ago, Jason E said:

Is this the "Savanah" beige? or the darker iteration?  Photos Man, photos 😀

Savanah beige started around 2007 I think and is pretty nice and subtle. The beige through 986 - 996 is known as baby shit beige coz it looks shit, darker and murkier than savannah (apologies gents who have one🤐

35 minutes ago, grantmr said:

We can't be friends anymore

Don't be like that.  (I thought your car was a dark blue interior).

1997 to 2006 – 911 (996) Interior color codes - Porsche ...

This is ok too.

11 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

It's Boxster red. Imo it's a fantastic looking int under a black or silver ext. Always looks way better in real life. Black floor mats are a definate. I've had 3 and the interiors didn't differ much at all in the black accent placements - in a silver 986 S, a Black 993tt and a black 996tts.

B6N4uQs.jpg

Savanah beige started around 2007 I think and is pretty nice and subtle. The beige through 986 - 996 is known as baby shit beige coz it looks shit, darker and murkier than savannah (apologies gents who have one🤐

Nice, I like the red.