Cond for $$$ looks fine to me. Has a small smack on the bumper and plastic window creased - most of the plastic ones are well worn at this age. Of course there will be more that we cant see. But it's about 3 or 4K under usual price for those k's so who knows.... it'll go soon if it's any way in half decent shape.

21 minutes ago, edgy said:

That silver one in Tassie looks like a good one, you could have a hell of a pick up drive back to the mainland with it. 

That one has been very recently re-registered - latest rego no. sequence, but don't know whether you can read anything into that.  It is far down south, anyone interested may be able to talk ANF or Tazzieman into having a look over it for them.  And yes, some great road to be driven on during a return trip to the mainland.....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

Saw this on the side of the road near me looks pretty tidy to me. If anyone needs a closer look i am happy to help.

ClCQdpn.jpg

rlXkDHz.jpg

yxY1gq5.jpg

Great find, looks good, you should buy it for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2019 at 20:48, TINGY996 said:

No idea what they are selling for

How much do you think early 987 Boxster and Boxster S is worth? Looking at Redbook Boxster seems to be floating around low 30k, while Boxster S is around high 30k. 

It looks like the asked price is more suitable for Boxster S 

28 minutes ago, rufmichan said:

How much do you think early 987 Boxster and Boxster S is worth? Looking at Redbook Boxster seems to be floating around low 30k, while Boxster S is around high 30k. 

Well i certainly wouldn't pay that, merely pointing out that it was there mate. I don't follow the Boxster market so i really have no idea on values, overall it looked pretty good but had some paint cracking on the left rear bumper which looked like someone had reversed into something at a slow speed or something was pushed up against it and the plastic bumper got pushed in.

For me this would be one of my bargaining points, couple of grand off easy.

2 hours ago, rufmichan said:

Re 987.1 Boxster S - What's being asked and what they are selling for is way apart. 

Late last year I sold a 2005 auto Boxster S Black on black 83000ks, one owner and full good porsche dealer history with every good option. I listed it Car Sales, Gumtree and Ebay in July and started at $45000 neg. Over 2 months I lowered it bit by bit and besides cheap crap messages of offers of $20k to $30k, I did not get a call or genuine message until the price hit $37900 neg. I then lowered it bit by bit again over a month and had a couple more calls and messages and started the game with all the tricks in the book to get them to come and look. Most of the 5 or 6 calls and messages I got were when I hovered the price up and down from $35800 neg to $33000 firm. One guy came and looked and was just looking as it turned out. The only other guy who came and drove it was the eventual buyer who we messaged back and forth over 3 weeks from me holding at $33500 and him at $31500 and then up to $32500. Sold it at $33000. I had not had another call or message for 3 weeks!

I'm not sure a manual would have been any different. From my sale you can probably work out an average sale of non S. When they get cheap enough, say the same car I sold but a non S and a manual with no real good options, sale price would probably be about $22000. About the same as a 986 S. My belief is that in general in the low 20's manuals would sell way better than autos - a little different market overlap as the prices get lower than in the mid 30's maybe ....

5 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Re 987.1 Boxster S - What's being asked and what they are selling for is way apart. 

Late last year I sold a 2005 auto Boxster S Black on black 83000ks, one owner and full good porsche dealer history with every good option. I listed it Car Sales, Gumtree and Ebay in July and started at $45000 neg. Over 2 months I lowered it bit by bit and besides cheap crap messages of offers of $20k to $30k, I did not get a call or genuine message until the price hit $37900 neg. I then lowered it bit by bit again over a month and had a couple more calls and messages and started the game with all the tricks in the book to get them to come and look. Most of the 5 or 6 calls and messages I got were when I hovered the price up and down from $35800 neg to $33000 firm. One guy came and looked and was just looking as it turned out. The only other guy who came and drove it was the eventual buyer who we messaged back and forth over 3 weeks from me holding at $33500 and him at $31500 and then up to $32500. Sold it at $33000. I had not had another call or message for 3 weeks!

I'm not sure a manual would have been any different. From my sale you can probably work out an average sale of non S. When they get cheap enough, say the same car I sold but a non S and a manual with no real good options, sale price would probably be about $22000. About the same as a 986 S. My belief is that in general in the low 20's manuals would sell way better than autos - a little different market overlap as the prices get lower than in the mid 30's maybe ....

See here's the funny thing I found researching Porsche. First you take a look at the earlier model one e.g 986 Boxster. Then you saw the price, and hmm for 3-4k more you can get a 986 S. But hey, actually if you just stretch a tiny bit, say the seller is willing to negotiate, maybe you can even get some early 987 as you indicated at mid 20k level.

But wait, now you want to take a look at 987 S too, because it seems like the price difference is not that high. Then suddenly your expected budget goes from 20k to almost mid 30k. Then at the end of the day you're like hmm if you're going to spend that much might as well save and wait for some time then go big and get 911! It's an endless circle I told you..

Though for me 911 is still beyond my budget, so I'm still looking at Boxster and maybe Cayman. I think I just need to drive myself to see if even base 986 suffices, then I can still save a lot for future maintenance and other expenses as well. 

11 hours ago, rufmichan said:

See here's the funny thing I found researching Porsche. First you take a look at the earlier model one e.g 986 Boxster. Then you saw the price, and hmm for 3-4k more you can get a 986 S. But hey, actually if you just stretch a tiny bit, say the seller is willing to negotiate, maybe you can even get some early 987 as you indicated at mid 20k level.

But wait, now you want to take a look at 987 S too, because it seems like the price difference is not that high. Then suddenly your expected budget goes from 20k to almost mid 30k. Then at the end of the day you're like hmm if you're going to spend that much might as well save and wait for some time then go big and get 911! It's an endless circle I told you..

Though for me 911 is still beyond my budget, so I'm still looking at Boxster and maybe Cayman. I think I just need to drive myself to see if even base 986 suffices, then I can still save a lot for future maintenance and other expenses as well. 

Hahahah we all experience that. I have 2 x 986 S man, one a mild racer and the other a modded daily. Best low cost bang for buck on a Porsche platform with no mods... and even better with $5000 of mods thrown at them. All depends what you like...

My MY00 986 S Manual Boxrod is about to come up if anyone's interested PM me?  

Will post shortly (My PFA membership status is still showing member rather than financial member even though paid, just sent msg to admin so I'm sure will be sorted)

Basics are:

Rare White with Black Leather, heated seats, climate control, factory Bose etc

~ 85,000kms with dealer and independent service history, Boxster maintenance items done - AOS, CV boots, MAF sensor etc, coolant tank etc

Mods Include: Deep sump kit with baffles, Short shift kit, Borla exhaust, Bilstein PSS9 adjustable coilovers - lowered, corner-weighted + camber  set up etc

18" Black turbo twists with 18" Simmons option for track 

Ultimate Boxrod very well set up for fast road & track days. Does 1:21's at Mallala with average driver. 

19 hours ago, rufmichan said:

my advice is go and buy a decent boxster and see if you like the whole vibe.  You'll find the money for the upgrade if you really like it.  People tend to buy in and sell out in a year or two, or they start collecting the things.  Get into your first one and see which type you are.

8 hours ago, ADS911 said:

My MY00 986 S Manual Boxrod is about to come up if anyone's interested PM me?  

Will post shortly (My PFA membership status is still showing member rather than financial member even though paid, just sent msg to admin so I'm sure will be sorted)

Basics are:

Rare White with Black Leather, heated seats, climate control, factory Bose etc

~ 85,000kms with dealer and independent service history, Boxster maintenance items done - AOS, CV boots, MAF sensor etc, coolant tank etc

Mods Include: Deep sump kit with baffles, Short shift kit, Borla exhaust, Bilstein PSS9 adjustable coilovers - lowered, corner-weighted + camber  set up etc

18" Black turbo twists with 18" Simmons option for track 

Ultimate Boxrod very well set up for fast road & track days. Does 1:21's at Mallala with average driver. 

@LeeM???????

15 hours ago, firstone said:

Hey @ADS911 how much did your set up lower the car? Did you have to modify any other suspension parts to gain the correct camber? 

Sorry not in the market. My 01s is white on black as well. Great colour.

Hi Firestone, sorry don't have the measurements but went as low as practical, didn't have to change any other suspension parts. I've had max neg camber dialled in without control arms or strut tops changed. Works very well as good compromise for track/twisties, just dial up the PSS9's for track and away you go. Photo from recent PCSA Tailem Bend day. 

1330286914_BoxsterTailemBend-1.thumb.jpg.7f7f2d141878c5161676fd7b6fa36846.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

And for anyone wanting a hardtop, the wording in the advert might indicate the hardtop could be bought separately......

TREVMcREV................I know it's SA but.....