My new GT3.2 RS

WGA

8 minutes ago, WGA said:

While you guys are waiting for your RS in OZ, I have taken delivery of my European based LG WP RS. In the last two weeks of ownership I have done a round trip to Goodwood FoS and a track day at Spa. 2,000kms already on the car.

000060C4-21DA-4E2B-9ECC-F17FF807626E.jpeg

Great car @WGA..and colour. 3.2? For a sec I thought youd built the hotrod of all classic hotrods...!

I have deposits for an RS at two dealers in OZ but I am not holding my breath.

Current feedback is  that the dealers got very few allocations which I expected considering my dealer in Europe only got 5 slots for this year. And they don't expect anymore cars until March next year. I will keep hanging in there but not overly optimistic I will get a car.  May just settle for a regular GT3 which is already an awesome car anyway.  Engine wise, its hard to tell any difference between the two.....or at least my bum meter is not sensitive enough to detect it.

18 minutes ago, Raven said:

I saw you post the image on Rennlist ..................awesome :)

Its hard to know whether to post here or not as I don't have a good feel for how many on this forum are also on RL.

14 minutes ago, WGA said:

I have deposits for an RS at two dealers in OZ but I am not holding my breath.

Current feedback is  that the dealers got very few allocations which I expected considering my dealer in Europe only got 5 slots for this year. And they don't expect anymore cars until March next year. I will keep hanging in there but not overly optimistic I will get a car.  May just settle for a regular GT3 which is already an awesome car anyway.  Engine wise, its hard to tell any difference between the two.....or at least my bum meter is not sensitive enough to detect it.

Its hard to know whether to post here or not as I don't have a good feel for how many on this forum are also on RL.

Post away .................Rennlist generally has 10 pages of spam every night ,,,,,they need to sort that out its out of control and puts members of the site ...

No spam on here just friendly members always eager for some cool photos :)

I would love to see some more detailed images of the car ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,even if I win lotto tonight I still couldn,t buy one as there are no more allocations available with Sydney Dealers .....It is a major 1st world problem :Chuckle2:

Had the RS together with 3 of my others cars (997.2 RS, 991.2 GT3 and 991.2 Touring) in my friends garage yesterday. First time these 4 cars have been together. Will be bringing my 4 x RS together (991.2, 997.2, 996 and 964) next week for photo shoot for a magazine. Will post some photos From the day.

8DF379BE-35B0-40BD-B846-F0364903BDDA.jpeg

9 hours ago, Raven said:

I would love to see some more detailed images of the car ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,even if I win lotto tonight I still couldn,t buy one as there are no more allocations available with Sydney Dealers .....It is a major 1st world problem :Chuckle2:

Would like to post more photos but this forums photo policy is 3rd world compared to others.

25 minutes ago, dipstick said:

I like the look of the fourth car on the left in that shot,your friend has great taste!

Then you might like to watch this video. Needless to say, he has impeccable taste. My red 964 RS is nose to nose with his black 964 RS 3.8 in the video.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As previously mentioned, I am returning to Australia late this year and have been in the process of looking to buy some cars in Australia in advance of my return. Well, I am happy to say that after a lot of calls and emails, I have amazingly managed to track down an open allocation for a GT3 RS!   Paperwork is done and deposit paid.

I have configured the car exactly the same as my Euro based GT3 RS (LG, LG interior, Platinum Wheels, etc)...except no WP which you can't seem to get in Australia. So I will be in the very fortunate position of having a Euro based LG GT3 RS for the summer track season and an Aussie based LG GT3 RS. Needless to say I am one very happy camper.

• 8 months later...