mph911

914/GT Tribute (less engine) EOI

I have lost interest in putting an engine in my finished 914/GT.

The car had a huge build and restoration in 1999 when it was owned by a well know racing family. It had over $80k spent on it back then, including RHD converstion and all new parts. I knew the car and followed it through a few owners until I bought it nearly 3 years ago from a fellow forum member as a great, running 4cyl 914,( some say it was the best in Australia)... The car had only done 8500kms since the resto and presented very well.

I subsequently proceeded to turn it into the most accurate 914/GT tribute I could. 

The car now sits having completed an extensive transformation with perfect body and paint, steel GT flares, correct fibreglass bumpers, valance and side skirts, correct badging, through the hood fuel filler, correct GT bonnet pins and boot tie- downs, original Cibie Pallas hood lights and Hello fog/driving lights, GT oil cooler set-up, including hoses, fittings, oil tank, Naro 6cyl engine mount, 914/6 headers, Maxilite deep sixes and off road tyres. etc etc.

The interior features new GTS Classics seats, prototipo, light weight GT door trims, 10k tach, rare 250kph 914 speedo, GT fuel gauge, oil temp/combo gauge, cams and engineered roll bar, perfect dash etc etc.

The car was built for a six originally and has full 911 SC front end, the correct 5 lug rear brakes with hand brake built in, full strengthening kit, trap door for six in fire wall etc etc.

Edit.. The gearbox is included and fresh. 

To complete the car it only needs a 911 engine of your choice ( with 914/6 tin ware), clutch and flywheel to suit, muffler and MSD with wiring. 

The car presents now as a Monte Carlo style, however with 8 and 9in wheels with Michelin TB etc it would look very tough at a lower height (wind the torsion bar down),

I have invested over $100k to get it to this point and am looking at EOI. You will not find a better body or accurate GT style 914 anywhere, and nearly all parts are new either on the car or new in boxes. please don't bust my balls, if you have built any air-cooled car recently this is fantastic value. 

The car is sitting in my garage under a cover ready for inspection in Sydney. 

Enquiries and contact details via PM

Regards,

Matt

1A5A6328.jpg

1A5A6329.jpg

1A5A6331.jpg

1A5A6335.jpg

1A5A6339.jpg

1A5A6347.jpg

1A5A6348.jpg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg

IMG_0357.jpg

image1.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

Goddam.  Why'd I get married.

I had the stopwatch going to see how long it would take you to bite!

56 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

Goddam.

Isn't it just a case of bigger pie?

14 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Isn't it just a case of bigger pie?

You got a memory like an elephant 😄.  Tax man came and stole a big slice recently 😞 

Whomever finishes this will have a very very special car.

If you have seen any of Matt’s other cars, then you will know that his researching and attention to detail are always on Spot On. 

3 minutes ago, 9er said:

Blue car in, silver car out?

Definitely not... already had a 69T :)

This was my 914 before Matt started his conversion, was definitely one of the best if not the best 914/4 to start as a basis for the build.

GLWS Matt, sorry that I won’t see it finished by you in your high-standard fashion.

Thanks Craig and Ryan. 

Here is the car before the GT upgrade, you can see how clean it was with bumpers removed. The underside and under guard area was the same.

This pic was when the steel flares were being mocked up before welding and shows the 275 Michelins on 9in rims fitting nicely. 

The car would look great with big fat wheels and tyres like this. 

IMG_1364.jpg

Whoever buys this and puts an engine in it will have one of the best GT 914's in the world for the price of a shitty Oz delivered 911SC. 

Have you advertised it overseas or on social media like Instagram? 

16 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Have you advertised it overseas or on social media like Instagram? 

No not yet, I only made my decision to let it go on the weekend. I figured it being RHD it would only appeal to Australia or the UK. 

And Hong Kong and South Africa and Tasmania and NZ

fuk me this is a great car and I suspect Matt May well hate himself once sold 

I've looked at these pics every day since you listed it..............the added pics with the group 4 wheels have been making me............moist. 

Fit the engine from your red one and theres your new Targa car @hugh 👍

2 hours ago, hugh said:

I've looked at these pics every day since you listed it..............the added pics with the group 4 wheels have been making me............moist. 

An Italian team ran Campagnolo's on their 914/GT at the Targa Florio in period. 

I was/am considering the 917 inspired wheels by fifteen/52 in black for a 908 style too.

8 minutes ago, mph911 said:

I was/am considering the 917 inspired wheels by fifteen/52 in black for a 908 style too.

Stop. 

2 hours ago, hugh said:

Come and join me as a fellow GT clone owner :)

24 minutes ago, Buchanan Automotive said:

You look so close to finishing it Matt, you may get a better dollars for a complete car no?

Regards

Sean

You're probably right. I don't have the motivation at the moment. Ive had too many bad experiences with workshops in Sydney...not you of course..:)

9 hours ago, hugh said:

It's Ok @hugh Come across to the dark side.

Here is another option for those looking at Matt’s car and thinking about engines.  I’m selling a 71 911T targa (clothed as an 80’s hot rod) with a 2.7 in it.  The car is running and registered and you can thus test drive the motor before sale. Cavaco’s have recently done a bunch of service and tuning work on it, plus checked and tensioned the headstuds and run a compression check.  Looking for mid 40’s for the car, which you could part out after removing the 2.7, clutch, flywheel and exhaust (and any other little bits you need) - leaving you with an early targa chassis to restore (or sell on) and lots of other parts to sell (wheels, brakes, suspension, cool seats, prototipo wheel, gauges, fuel tank etc etc). Please PM for details. 

Ps. I asked Matt before posting and he was cool with me adding this to his thread.