Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

cant decide between "going on a bear hunt" and "teddy bears picnic ".

C'mon, am I the only one who listens to play school CDs ?

The mini maestro ones are my favourite. Can't do the Bannans in pyjamas ones though, too many annoying laughs. 

I left Syd Friday morning, headed up to the blue mountains , Mudgee ,then on too New England Highway. If you are ever driving north the NEH is far better than Pacific ! Hardly any police and very good road quality. Some extremely beautiful country. The Targa purred all the way, I really enjoyed the trip. On leaving Syd I had a 71/72 orange 911T coupe with roof rack, pull up beside me in traffic ( anyone here ?) then later I spotted a nice Carrera Backdate, all in a matter of hours !

7b234716a677b617bc173e55f1d8e628.jpeg

0a4b49f7bd221ec1aacc4ed2b6d96f86.jpeg

Edited by Spannerhead

Warm up for MotoK tomorrow - Up to the hills around Elidon then 50Km each way of twisty forrest roads to myself  to Jamieson. Was doing a road sweep for the Targa High Country which goes through there tomorrow, beautiful day and great conditions - total 452km.

Edited by 9fan

• 3 weeks later...

Over two weeks since anyone posted here , on a Porsche forum can you believe?

This morning I fed the chooks , watered the vege garden (tomatoes are forming which makes me think global warming is real given my past attempts), stripped the 48 year old nitrocellulose lacquer and stain from the driver's door trim of the Merc and then sauntered over to choose my ride. Always a tricky decision , but today I took the SC and barrelled in to the city listening to Mick Fleetwood , the same one who was in that emo pop band in the 70s.

Friday - Through the hills (the back way of course) in the 914/6 in company with 20+ 356s to the Red hill Car Museum.

Saturday – After starting with coffee & cake supplied by Lorbeks at their magnificent new showroom, went through a different set of hills (the back way of course) in the 356 to lunch at the Grange Cleveland Winery with 30+ 356s. Took the long way home of course.

Sunday – Short trip down to St Kilda Road to the 356 Parade with 70+ 356s and about 20 901s that were on display. Great day among some very fine machinery.

I need a rest!

Friday - Through the hills (the back way of course) in the 914/6 in company with 20+ 356s to the Red hill Car Museum.

Saturday – After starting with coffee & cake supplied by Lorbeks at their magnificent new showroom, went through a different set of hills (the back way of course) in the 356 to lunch at the Grange Cleveland Winery with 30+ 356s. Took the long way home of course.

Sunday – Short trip down to St Kilda Road to the 356 Parade with 70+ 356s and about 20 901s that were on display. Great day among some very fine machinery.

I need a rest!

I was wondering what was happening this weekend because I saw 4 beautiful 356's out and about in Melbourne. 

Not today but yesterday I took her out to Warragamba Dam ,,,,I havn,t been there since I was in primary school and wanted to check it out ,,,nice drive ,,,,,then on the way how went by Old Bathurst Rd at Emu Heights ,,,,got halfway up at full noise then had to slow for traffic ,,,great piece of road if you can get a clear run .............:P

I took mine to the Hotrods and Classics Picnic at Uraidla on Sunday. Was a warm day and numbers were down as a result.  Normally they get 500+ cars there.  I was the event coordinator for it in it's first 4 years back in my hotrod days. Caught up with all my old friends that I hadn't seen for a while.

Stew, I drove past the event Sunday morning,however had to go to work at 1 pm so did not go in.  Looked like some nice machinery there.

I believe they had around 300 cars there this year.  Quite a few had left by the time I got there around 1 because of the heat.  There were some real nice cars there.  All genre's of hot rodding.  When I was the coordinator, from 2003 to 2006, we had it strictly for rods, customs & American cars.  They've started to gradually broaden the scope to accommodate other cool special interest stuff.  There were a couple of Fezza's a Lambo, a Kombi trayback, and a Jag XJ6.  Next year they may invite us along to have a display of aircooled Porsches.

The first year we held it the weather gods shined on us.  We anticipated 200 - 250 cars, but to our surprise there were over 400 at the start of the cruise, plus people were coming into the grounds from 7AM.  We had about 700 cars there.  It threw us into a flat spin because we weren't expecting it.