Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Actually drove mine further than 2 blocks today, AND got it into 4th gear! Blimey!!

I was surprised at how responsive it is, and I reckon it'd be a great thing to drive in the hills. HOPE to get that chance on Saturday!

Over the weekend, up to Noosa via David Low Way, in and around the Sunnie Coast, through to Mapleton, Montville, down to Palmwoods, out to Caloundra and then back down the Bruce to home..  Good fun.

Passed a white 996 GT3RS yesterday that was heading South on the Sunshine Motorway near Mt Coolum, a nice silver 993 between Perigean and Sunshine, and a black Boxster through the twisty stuff heading down the hill to Palmwoods.

Good weekend cruising..   :)

Did a solo run over the Reefton spur to Lake Mountain and into Marysville. Turned around and did it in reverse.

On the way back there were three groups with Porsches going the other way - some familiar cars. The last group had maybe 10 cars - mainly G series. Anyone know what was going on?

Busy up there today - best to go early.

IMG_6469_zpsckn3fpbt.jpg

I think we passed the same group today out Gembrook way. I was also wondering what was going on.

We did the run up to Mt Baw Baw. Other than some BAD road works around Talem Bend there was no traffic up there. We had a glorious run all day.

Did a solo run over the Reefton spur to Lake Mountain and into Marysville. Turned around and did it in reverse.

On the way back there were three groups with Porsches going the other way - some familiar cars. The last group had maybe 10 cars - mainly G series. Anyone know what was going on?

Busy up there today - best to go early.

IMG_6469_zpsckn3fpbt.jpg

well done. Ive been meaning to do this for ages. I typically leave at 5.30 and typically drive as fast as the road will allow and typically head back to Melbourne via Coldstream to see the coppers on the side of the road planning their day of nabbing. I'm spent by then and doing less than the limit.

@GUT i saw this all over Instagram, seemed as though there were a few 911 groups heading out. Was one a PCV event? 

I don't think there was a PCV event.

From the various groups of cars out for a drive that I saw, Porsches were heavily represented.

It's a real testament to the quality of these cars.

aaaaaaaaand how was it?

Ran perfect... & plenty of power... of course me working on the car for 2 months to get it sorted helps, the previous owner that had it for 17 years & general servicing was done in that time but not much else... 

so is the turbo lag as bad a some folks make it out to be?

Not that bad really.. full boost kicks in at 3000 & it just takes off but still has plenty of power upto 3000, lag is more noticeable in 3rd & 4th but only due to the time your spending below 3000. If your driving it hard I don't think you'll notice much lag at all.

Hello Porsche enthusiasts! This is my first post, and to be honest, I am a fish out of water! 
But it is with sincere motivation and a big sense of hope that I am posting. Wishing that someone within this community of Porsche admirers might read my message and be able to help!

So here goes!  My partner and I are getting married .....stay with me guys, don't tune out just yet.... 

My husband to be is an avid classic car enthusiast, having owned and raced several sports cars over the years.  Whilst he loves to build and race them, I tend to admire them from opposite side of the steering wheel :)  I know a happy husband makes for a happy wife and hopefully in our case a happy and long marriage....so.... I am on the hunt for a beautiful classic Porsche sports car that I can surprise my husband to be on our wedding day, as our hired chariot to and from our wedding ceremony. 

Thinking of something along the lines of an early (60's/70's) 911 F, 356 ....am I dreaming?? 

Unfortunately, there appears to be a huge gap in the market for the hire of vehicles in the 'classic sports' category. There are a plethora of imported muscle cars, vintage Rolls Royce, Limousines etc, but nothing that suits our vision for a stylish, classic sports car enthusiast wedding! This is where I hope this wonderful community of car owners can help. 

I would like to know if there was anyone within Melbourne, Victoria, that would consider a hire agreement where by we could loan the use of your car for a couple of hours? Of cause we would offer financial reimbursement for the loan, and would not expect to loan the car without the owner/drivers assistance (to drive for us, or ride with us). Alternatively, we would happily come to some other agreement that suited the car owner. 

Maybe a member knows someone else that could help and could put us in touch? 

I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and feedback! 

Regards,
Andrea

Hello Porsche enthusiasts! This is my first post, and to be honest, I am a fish out of water! 
But it is with sincere motivation and a big sense of hope that I am posting. Wishing that someone within this community of Porsche admirers might read my message and be able to help!

So here goes!  My partner and I are getting married .....stay with me guys, don't tune out just yet.... 

My husband to be is an avid classic car enthusiast, having owned and raced several sports cars over the years.  Whilst he loves to build and race them, I tend to admire them from opposite side of the steering wheel :)  I know a happy husband makes for a happy wife and hopefully in our case a happy and long marriage....so.... I am on the hunt for a beautiful classic Porsche sports car that I can surprise my husband to be on our wedding day, as our hired chariot to and from our wedding ceremony. 

Thinking of something along the lines of an early (60's/70's) 911 F, 356 ....am I dreaming?? 

Unfortunately, there appears to be a huge gap in the market for the hire of vehicles in the 'classic sports' category. There are a plethora of imported muscle cars, vintage Rolls Royce, Limousines etc, but nothing that suits our vision for a stylish, classic sports car enthusiast wedding! This is where I hope this wonderful community of car owners can help. 

I would like to know if there was anyone within Melbourne, Victoria, that would consider a hire agreement where by we could loan the use of your car for a couple of hours? Of cause we would offer financial reimbursement for the loan, and would not expect to loan the car without the owner/drivers assistance (to drive for us, or ride with us). Alternatively, we would happily come to some other agreement that suited the car owner. 

Maybe a member knows someone else that could help and could put us in touch? 

I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and feedback! 

Regards,
Andrea

I think you'll be better asking for dates with peoples children then getting their cars out of their hands!  

Have you been in a 911?  Not a great choice for wedding vehicle :D

Might help if you say exactly where you want to go to/from - someone may be willing to help, even if just for chauffeuring if not for outright hire.

I think you'll be better asking for dates with peoples children then getting their cars out of their hands!  

Have you been in a 911?  Not a great choice for wedding vehicle :D

Might help if you say exactly where you want to go to/from - someone may be willing to help, even if just for chauffeuring if not for outright hire.

Thanks Coastr, appreciate the advise. Yes, I've been in a 911 (laughing) I'm a very slender lady and there's no big white dress! Rather the opposite. So I'm sure I can glide gracefully in and out of the car without any trouble ;). A chauffeuring arrangement would be ideal, I'll add another comment about the trips distance ...it's literally a pick up from the inner west to the CBD then over to Fitzroy. I guess I'm hoping there is someone that is happy to 'exhibit' their car for a few photos and take a short drive (with 2 lovely people) to make their day memorable. 

Thanks again for the advise

Hate to be negative here Andrea, and It's been covered at length in other posts. Owners have to be very careful with 'hiring' out their cars. Insurance minefield

Hi @LeeM, it's ok, no offence taken. Having never raised the question, and to be honest I didn't see any other threads relating to 'loaning cars' I wasn't aware that it was a popular topic . To clarify, for anyone who'd consider my request, we'd be happy for the 'owner' to drive the car for us....hopefully no insurance issues there? 

Fingers crossed, there's a car owner within these pages that would love to see their car in some professional photos, make a sports car  enthusiast (the groom) very happy, and give him a memorable surprise on the day ;) 

Fingers crossed.

I think you would need 2 early 911 cars as there is no way you can gracefully exit from the back seat, ;) In saying that, The 928 Porsche might be the better car for two people and driver .:)

I think you would need 2 early 911 cars as there is no way you can gracefully exit from the back seat, ;) In saying that, The 928 Porsche might be the better car for two people and driver .:)

My 8 year old is close to maxing out the rear seat in a 928 - they are build more for a small bag than people......the exit from the rear of a 928 isnt what I would call "Lady like"

Edited by Ozvino

My 8 year old is close to maxing out the rear seat in a 928 - they are build more for a small bag than people......the exit from the rear of a 928 isnt what I would call "Lady like"

Well at least we have established that two cars are needed :)

Took the morning off work and went for a solo 'SMT route' blast. Plenty of tree debris on the road from Reefton to just after the Lake Mountain turn off from the strong winds this week. Had to take it a bit easier but still, sure beats staring at the computer all morning.

FullSizeRender%203_zps3qeg6yov.jpg

FullSizeRender%204_zpsobabowzj.jpg