Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Drove into the city in peak hour traffic (another reason I don't miss working for a living) dropped it off at Herr PORSCHE's place for a service and another rattle finding expedition.

Rewarded with a sensational MACAN with all the bells and whistles.:)    

Just got home and showed Mrs Niko.:wub:    

Asked her if she would like one of these when we retire the CX7....;)

"No, not particularly, It's just a car.":o

AARRRGGGHHHHHHH     

bring it up so we can cut some laps

you remember how to use the key this time right @Niko? 

ha ha good on ya....     actually this has a different set up in it, where you do actually stick this pluggy thing shaped like a little car  thing in and use it as a key.

And...you actually take this one out.  

Do like the car though, although she is a tad hesitant when taking off in first, when in the auto mode.   I hate that.

Home from the local Porsche Centre after 12 days!

me too, PCM after two days..   Great skills by Michael Callow the service consultant.  

Went in for a rattle in the left rear.

Plus I got it serviced whilst it was in there.

Service mechanics couldn't locate the rattle after several attempts, Michael told them to try again.

Anyway they found it and it looks like it is the large hatch (again) so a couple of adjustments and it appears to have gone....

I will take it for a run when the weather clears up and see for sure.

me too, PCM after two days..   Great skills by Michael Callow the service consultant.  

Went in for a rattle in the left rear.

Plus I got it serviced whilst it was in there.

Service mechanics couldn't locate the rattle after several attempts, Michael told them to try again.

Anyway they found it and it looks like it is the large hatch (again) so a couple of adjustments and it appears to have gone....

I will take it for a run when the weather clears up and see for sure.

have to take it out and flog it to make sure that rattle has gone ??

After what I would describe as being a pretty bloody average day for me, I needed to clear my head a bit. 

I jumped in the SC and dropped in to see Zander (PFA member XX???) to fit a suede Momo wheel he had laying around on my car, and have a red (I needed that red mate! LOVE the wheel too!)

As he lives in the hills, I thought I'd take the long way home to test the new wheel. Clear roads, high beam and a flat 6 that was singing due to the crisp evening air made it a bloody fun drive home!

Last night, the daughter and I took the 930 to the Tamworth Cars without Coffee. 

No sooner had I opened the door a young bloke with fluff on his face..."how's the backoff oversteer mate ?"

"that depends on how you drive it " I say,   to which he said " I'd be spinning it all the time".  

Before I could think..this guys a typical rice burner w****r, he is asking all about the 930, really interested.  Spent probably 30 minutes going over the car, asking questions about every aspect of the 930.

Turns out he wasn't such a bad guy after all, genuinely wanted to learn all he could about cars.

….and there was free fairy floss too, so the daughter was happy.  

I had a similar kinda bloke comment as I was at the lights last night. 

'Dope car man, dope car'! 

I know what it means, yet I still can't fathom why 'youngens' say the word 'dope' when they like something

Met up with some PFA members this morning for a coffee in the city, Stew, Phil and JD. Nice to meet ya guys.

Decided I had to do the 1.5km bit of road that I've dreamt of doing, so I did it. Bucket list item, check!

Heading home I deviated throught the twistie (as I tend to do lately!), yet it was chocka's with 50 in a 60 zone drivers, then ended up at a pub

20160522_115035.jpg

Weather forecast was going to be good for today, so I decided to try out my newly installed mesh vent grills and go for a run down around Gippsland.

Just happened to find a few other lost souls and so I took them under my wing. Ended up back at the Tooradin Bakery for brekky.

Roads this morning were fantastic, although some sections there were just signs up, saying "rough road" (which was pretty obvious) or similar.    

Why the permanent signs.....???? 

Fix the bloody things.....

Steve's GT3 sounding awsome as usual and had the cows in the paddocks running for cover.

Dougy's "new" 3 litre performing beautifully and is fast becoming one of my favourites..

Anyway.....

IMG_0373.jpg

L to R   Bafe.......SteveP......Dbanger.........Niko.....Tman.....Greg..   

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Heading O/S next week so had to brave the wet for a last blast for a month.

Up to Baw Baw - dark, wet, foggy and not a car, bike or cyclist in sight.

Lots of fun. Remember to be pointing reasonably straight when the boost comes on...

Baw Baw is an awesome drive.  It's intoxicating.  Mesmeric.  So much better than Lake Mountain.  IMHO any conditions are great for driving if there is nobody else on the road.  Perfect.

Heading O/S next week so had to brave the wet for a last blast for a month.

Up to Baw Baw - dark, wet, foggy and not a car, bike or cyclist in sight.

Lots of fun. Remember to be pointing reasonably straight when the boost comes on...

GUT is the only PFAer driving his Porsche this weekend.

No doubt some are watching rising waters in a bum-puckered state, esp those who store their cars in underground holes.

Mr Fish's new purchase is about to discover a whole new climate!

Having only had the Cayenne for a month and driven on highway and in traffic, I was wondering if we were ever going to find out what the driving experience was like. Saturday I had the occasion to head to Kilmore from Nagambie which was ok, got a bit of a feel in some windy stuff. Remembering the sales manager at PCB saying not to baby it, the drive from Heathcote to Redesdale then onto Eppalock was fabulous, It was wet so I had no idea where the adhesion/non point was but kept into it most of the way. The Yokie Advans did a great job, bit noisy at times but can't expect much else from 21" I guess. The handling for such a largish car was unbelievable, steering and brakes just awesome and the power pretty darn good for an oiler. I can see lots of fun times in our truck, very impressed.

Ok, so it's not my Porsche - but it's an ok replacement - currently in an Airbus A380 about 12,000m above Vienna. It's got worse lag off the line than the 930 but it's pretty quick once it gets going.

I discovered Wi-Fly so I don't have to deal with PFA withdrawal. Not sure how I'll cope with a month away from my toys.

Ok, so it's not my Porsche - but it's an ok replacement - currently in an Airbus A380 about 12,000m above Vienna. It's got worse lag off the line than the 930 but it's pretty quick once it gets going.

I discovered Wi-Fly so I don't have to deal with PFA withdrawal. Not sure how I'll cope with a month away from my toys.

Thanks.  Now can't get this out of my head.