Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Took the little woman and the Cayman down to Toora in Gippsland for lunch.  

Great drive, roads are still crap, with pot holes and rough surfaces everywhere, but no rain and had a great lunch at the pub.  About 350K's all around.  

Car went fantastic.   Love it.

Took the little woman and the Cayman down to Toora in Gippsland for lunch.  

Great drive, roads are still crap, with pot holes and rough surfaces everywhere, but no rain and had a great lunch at the pub.  About 350K's all around.  

Car went fantastic.   Love it.

Oh and did I mention the Seafood Platter there:o

Best without doubt Seafood platter I have ever seen.   $80.00 for two or $40.00 for a single.:wub:

Unfortunately I ordered something else and when the Seafood Platter came out for another couple.  I drooled. (which apparently is not unusual for me)

Took my croc and the missus, met up with a mate and his missus in his 987.1 croc, and we convoyed to the new OASIS BAKERY in Mornington for breakfast.

It's temporarily set up in a big shed and has the cooking set up similar to DAK DAK.   I had the Lebanese Breakfast... very very nice.

Then back home and when it warmed up to about 10' I gave mine a tub and tried out the new AUTO-GLYM Rapid Aqua Wax.

You squirt it on while the car is still wet, microfibre it in as you dry it.   Seemed to work ok.  

Then sealed it with AUTO-GLYM Extra gloss protection.   Wheels and tyres with the relevant AUTO-GLYM products.

Put it back in the garage with a cover over it to await our next adventure.

Another Sunday drive down to Apollo Bay.

A bit chilly this morning, but blue sky and sunshine were nice. Cool air outside, keeping the engine cool and the heater keeping me warm inside.

VVBa8QM.jpg

Saw a line of BMW "M" cars heading rapidly, in convoy, from Apollo Bay to Lorne. Some very nice vehicles in that lot, M3's, M5's and an M roadster coupe. M roadster coupe a rather unfortunate looking car in my opinion, then again , some people don't like the look of a 911.

then again , some people don't like the look of a 911.

Or the V8 one . Bruce chatting to a mate about this , this afternoon.

IMG_7827.jpg

A club drive day to Port Arthur with my better 1/2.

Passed a private island castle on the way down built and owned by a German. But not the sort that dislike the organic shapes of a Porsche. Those sorts are fond of the brutalist architectural school. Very serious people.

Oh & btw Gabriel's restaurant is a great spot for lunch if you're down the Tassy peninsula.

Breakfast with some Lotus enthusiasts on Sunday morning at Murray's Beach.  Nice group of mainly older drivers who are just plain car enthusiasts through and through.

LOST%20260616%20Murrays%20Beach_zpsvdry4LOST%20260616%20Murrays%20Beach%201961_z1961 Lotus Elite with a Coventry Climax FWA.  I'd never seen one in real life before.  The proud owner has just bought it and reckons he's been waiting 75 years for one.....

Edited by Peter M
Links buggered!

Seeing the day promised no rain I put the allocated jobs aside and decided to take the croc and the Missus (think I have that in the right order) for a drive.

Visited friends in King Lake and went via St Andrews road.  

Lots of motorbikes and pushies out today.  The road is a good one for bends etc but the road surface very ordinary, bordering on dangerous, especially for the bikies.

Then we were recommended to have lunch at the Toolangi Tavern, about 15 minutes from King Lake.

Great place for a meal (mussels in white wine sauce $27.00 plenty of them and the broth was perfect.)

Big open fire going in the lounge and full table service.

We got there at 12 and there wasn't many patrons there, by the time we left just after one, the place was chockers.

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

Definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of going for a Sunday drive over winter...

Wollombi was a disappointment but the top end of Putty Road lived up to it's usual exemplary standards!  In fact more corners have been recently asphalted so this most amusing top 20km just gets better and better and is mostly race track standard.

The new set of Bridgestone Potenza RE003 get the double thumbs up and am kicking myself that I didn't change the tyres on this car sooner.  

Putty%20Road%20030716_zpstbiilfle.jpg

Edited by Peter M

Wollombi was a disappointment but the top end of Putty Road lived up to it's usual exemplary standards!  In fact more corners have been recently asphalted so this most amusing top 20km just gets better and better and is mostly race track standard.

The new set of Bridgestone Potenza RE003 get the double thumbs up and am kicking myself that I didn't change the tyres on this car sooner.  

Don't you just love the pristine Australian bush.......:angry:  I hate those morons.....

Peter, PCM put a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's on mine when I picked it up a year ago.  

The RE050A's are also a great tyre, and they hang on like shite to a blanket, but comparing the tread pattern to your RE003's I think I will definitely be considering those for replacements, they look like they deliver the goods.

Edited by Niko

Drove to my Dad's to show him the new one and he wasn't home, only one thing to do, go for a drive to a couple of twisties and up Mt Sugarloaf.

Thanks for the invite Pete:(

Thanks for the invite Pete:(

Don't wait for an invite, speak up!.  I'm keen! 

I've actually taken up with Lotus drivers for kicks since all the local p-car drivers seem to have disappeared.

I was thinking this Sunday we could start the planning the "Tingy's 2016 Mystery Drive" ?

Saturday morning, met up with @Midnight 911 and took the 964's for a drive. Mount Donna Buang climb before completing the loop through to Marysville. Pretty great winter driving conditions, no rain fall, damp but not wet roads, moody foggy outlooks. These cars are just so great.

IMG_6455_zpsojexmj7g.jpg

IMG_6465_zpsqwemihr3.jpg

IMG_6463_zps0b4yvov9.jpg

Thanks for the company Luke.