992 GT3 Market Watch

DJM

2 hours ago, SS 3 said:

There was a Python Green one at PCB yesterday. I have to say that it blew me away how good it looked in the flesh. Much more RS looking of old than GT3.
They also  had a 991.2 GT3 lined up behind it which made comparisons easy. 

I’d have to agree. It’s very “motorsport” right out of the box, which is appealing and the way the GT3 should be IMO. The RS is going to be outrageous.

11 hours ago, spiller said:

@sleazius I don’t see how those end plates could ever be made to be “pedestrian safe”. I’d expect the final product to be dumbed down a bit from that. Surely?

It was more a comment about the scale of the thing - check out a photo in profile, the wing is sitting well above the roof line. The design of it is also giving me heavy JDM after market vibes.

I only give a stuff because I've got an EOI in on one.

• 2 weeks later...

The new GT3 on track with Phil from Drift Works who owns a wheel and suspension workshop in the UK. This is his 1st time on the track with the 992 after running it in; he does have a 997.2GT3 and did have a 991.1 GT3; in this video he tracks alongside Al who is in a 996 GT3 with Manthey racing mods.

32 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

The new GT3 on track with Phil from Drift Works who owns a wheel and suspension worksop in the UK. This is his 1st time on the track with the 992 after running it in; he does have a 997.2GT3 and did a 991.1 GT3; in this video he tracks alongside Al who is in a 996 GT3 with Manthey racing mods.

awesome video, amazing contrast in the stability and composure of the two cars - 996 was working very hard at the wheel in comparison

32 minutes ago, teknostar said:

awesome video, amazing contrast in the stability and composure of the two cars - 996 was working very hard at the wheel in comparison

Worth remembering that the 996 GT3 is a 17 yo car. Still hustles in the right hands though, 

3 minutes ago, teknostar said:

of course, this one has been extensively modified too - possibly resulting in more twitchy handling than from factory 

I'd say it's about right. They are twitchy on the limit, just like an early 911. The 992 wouldn't be breaking a sweat. 

On 01/11/2021 at 16:06, StevepGT3 said:

How embarrassing 

The RS version is quite openly a track focussed car first and foremost so the wing makes sense.  I think we are lucky its even made and available.   From memory the brochures used to say this - by Porsche and I think its still the same....

• GT3     20% track and 80% road
  • GT3RS 80% track and 20% road .... ie: the wing is there for laps not looks.  

42 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

The RS version is quite openly a track focussed car first and foremost so the wing makes sense.  I think we are lucky its even made and available.   From memory the brochures used to say this - by Porsche and I think its still the same....

• GT3     20% track and 80% road
  • GT3RS 80% track and 20% road .... ie: the wing is there for laps not looks.  

Usage would possibly suggest that the laps V looks equation is backwards plus a bit no matter the  intention on paper 

2 hours ago, hugh said:

twitchy

On the limit !!!

2 hours ago, hugh said:

I'd say it's about right. They are twitchy on the limit, just like an early 911. The 992 wouldn't be breaking a sweat. 

Each newer model is designed to be incrementally better of course they are all great cars to me; its just great to see them on the track being spanked. 
Not a bad 1st track day all the same.

4 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Usage would possibly suggest that the laps V looks equation is backwards plus a bit no matter the  intention on paper 

Not in nsw. The 991 RS model usage way outnumbers the GT3 on track days…..

• 2 weeks later...