Show us your garage

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

LOL - I wish :Beer:

have you run the numbers to understand what it'll cost to use the same technology for the pinball machines?  Just think how many extra you can buy and store 🙂 Cracker of an idea, and you're very welcome.

Just keep my phone number from your wife, I don't need her calling me to abuse me!

12 hours ago, Joz said:

Re hoists, what kind of ceiling height is the minimum or ideal recommended?

About $5k yea?🤣

The minimum is; bottom car height + top car height + deck thickness + lock clearance. Most lifts recommend 150mm for clearing the locks but the vast majority need nowhere near that.

Finally are there any ceiling obstructions? One of my garages is 3100mm to the ceiling but the panel lift controller is at 2750mm. You can install a side lifter to maximise space however they are exy.

Ideally you want 3600mm minimum, however they can be installed all the way down to 2400mm depending on the cars.

Example:

(991.2 GT3 = 1271mm) + (Emira = 1225mm) + (Bendpak HD9 thickness = 114mm) + (lock clearance = 150mm) = 2760mm ceiling height minimum.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, WGA said:

I have been keeping the plates of most of the Porsches I have owned over the years with a view of doing a garage wall of cars and their respective plates. Started the project today with more to come.

IMG_1556.jpeg

IMG_1557.jpeg

Great idea. The photos would look great on those metal panels the dude on rennlist does.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting a bit of a garage project that I've been meaning to do for a while. New door openers (jackshaft), new concrete, lifts. Potentially will raise the ceiling too. Also want to extend it but that will have to wait (council). Will posts updates here as I go.

14 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Installing - trying to get away with a Merlin before I stump up the cash to a Liftmaster 8500, I need 6, and the cost saving is about $800 per unit, so giving this a crack first.

20230329_141519.thumb.jpg.b55d479eaf350209f1d39518e7b03031.jpg

As with any door controller make sure you balance the door via the springs to reduce the load on the motor, BE CAREFUL TENSIONING THE SPRING. 

37 minutes ago, WB997.2GTS said:

As with any door controller make sure you balance the door via the springs to reduce the load on the motor, BE CAREFUL TENSIONING THE SPRING. 

Door is already balanced otherwise I wouldn't attempt this myself. I'm not going near the springs, don't want to meet this guy  :RockingDeath:

• 11 months later...
35 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Not a flex, just showing my garage set up with the p-cars that the forum cares most about, also the autostacker which I know people have asked about in the past.

If that pisses anyone off tough shit - this is a garage thread on a Porsche forum after all!

Where's the couch and plonk cellar?

20 hours ago, tomo said:

Where's the couch and plonk cellar?

In the next life maybe - I like the idea though.

Reminds me of this:

20 hours ago, Dalai said:

Fine with me. Just surprised they aren't all yellow! 😄

I've got two more yellow cars, they just don't have the right badge on the front.

16 hours ago, sleazius said:

In the next life maybe - I like the idea though.

Reminds me of this:

I've got two more yellow cars, they just don't have the right badge on the front.

Insane.