Show us your garage

I am about to start the build on a new house and I have a blank canvas to start from with regard to the garage.  Dimensions are 6000 x 7850 x 2885.   Looking for fit out ideas (work bench and storage and floor sealer/covering suggestions)   Only need to house 2 cars but would like the flexibility to house another on a temp basis if necessary.  Double garage door only is being fitted for just the 2 cars so the extra width is for storage work bench or extra car every once and a while.

Work bench,s and storage mine are bunnings kaboodle kitchen DIY , Floor sealer , have the concreter do a steel trowel helicopter finish on the slab and seal it with a concrete trade sealer either clear or a tinted clear if you want a colour , available in flat , satin or gloss very easy to maintain , durable and a 20 liter drum covers 100 square meters for $150 a drum , lighting LED as many as you need those led hexagon honey cone lights are very popular at the moment and look very cool ..

P2180001.JPG

download.jpg

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, 3legs said:

I wish. My 15 x 6 m shed is full and my missus won't let me extend it ( again ) :) 

Good thing I suppose. I would only fill it up again with more Porsches or bikes :) 

Council knocked back my monster shed. I'm kinda glad they did because I'd just fill it anyway.

32 minutes ago, MFX said:

Definitely need more room. I should do another video on my shed, as although it hasn't grown in size, it has definitely added a lot more functionality over the years :D

Definitely do it - I love seeing how others utilise their space.

21 minutes ago, hugh said:

I'll have some completed pics of mine shortly, I'll make a note to pop a few on here. 

Fantastic! Can't wait to see what you've done.

I just picked up some hoists, which is going to require mods to one of my garages, I'll be sure to post some pics up when they're installed.

10 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Probably about the same as what the boss said to me when I proposed moving into a ex-factory before we had kids. Lead balloon.

A cracker idea sleazius. About 18 years ago we had bought our acreage land a few years before, and Terese had finally fallen pregnant. I proposed that we build a shed and live in that while we figured out the house plans and build. She said no. I countered that if it was good enough for Jesus to be born in one then it would be good enough for our child. She said no. 

We lived in a caravan and shed on the property for 3 years only after he was about 10 months old.

She was a killjoy.

I did enjoy the house work though. Open the roller doors and fire up the leaf blower. Job done with only a faint waft of lingering 2 stroke 😂

8 hours ago, sleazius said:

Probably about the same as what the boss said to me when I proposed moving into a ex-factory before we had kids. Lead balloon.

Friend of a friend lives in a warehouse with a huge mezzanine living area, and their old VW's parked underneath in the Adelaide cbd. Coolest place I've ever been in

We lived in a semi industrial area in our 2 units. Made a killing when we sold them to look for a house, and at the same time a brick factory a street away came up for sale within our budget, so I suggested that instead of a house.

Thought it was a goer when she suggested we go have a look inside 😳 I was up for it, but her majesty didn't have to say a word with the look on her face. Dare say it was probably a good idea to abandon that potential financial nightmare 

18 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I get the same look when I suggest selling the air cooled mate 🙄

Let's face it us blokes are always getting ,"the look" I don't know what 4 most days ,So do what ya want cause, Ya still gunna get the "look" no matter what :)

Anyway my new space is 6 .5 x 18 mtrs ,Which will have when finished hoist, Bar/cave and a car spot for the Boss and standing here looking I reckon there's enough room for a motor bike. With side and front access. 

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

I get the same look when I suggest selling the air cooled mate 🙄

exact same position here, need financial security for the future so hard decisions need to be made.😕

As long as i have a fun toy to play with, on road and track, my sanity and her's will stay intact.

18 hours ago, sleazius said:

Had a friend do it. Had all his cars and hobbies under the one roof. Lived in a huge mezzanine apartment upstairs.

I did briefly consider a few years ago when for sale buying an old Ambulance station further out closer to where I grew up outer east Melbourne. Had a huge garage area with a rundown 2 bedroom house attached.

Was quite reasonably priced in the end, so if I sold my current house it would have freed up funds to renovate and buy more cars to fill that garage. In the end was mid Covid, not the best location and I like where I live now so didn't follow through...

https://fletchers.net.au/26108/28-pitt-street-ringwood