Show us your garage

6 hours ago, Dalai said:

I did briefly consider a few years ago when for sale buying an old Ambulance station further out closer to where I grew up outer east Melbourne. Had a huge garage area with a rundown 2 bedroom house attached.

Was quite reasonably priced in the end, so if I sold my current house it would have freed up funds to renovate and buy more cars to fill that garage. In the end was mid Covid, not the best location and I like where I live now so didn't follow through...

https://fletchers.net.au/26108/28-pitt-street-ringwood

Properties like this often come up in the inner west of Sydney. Factories that sit in the middle of residential zones.

I looked at an old fire station in Leichhardt many moons ago. Sadly it had already been converted - shoddily at that.

8 hours ago, Dalai said:

I did briefly consider a few years ago when for sale buying an old Ambulance station further out closer to where I grew up outer east Melbourne. Had a huge garage area with a rundown 2 bedroom house attached.

Was quite reasonably priced in the end, so if I sold my current house it would have freed up funds to renovate and buy more cars to fill that garage. In the end was mid Covid, not the best location and I like where I live now so didn't follow through...

https://fletchers.net.au/26108/28-pitt-street-ringwood

My first girlfriends father worked her for many years. I know the site well and a mate sold it- cool building.

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

My first girlfriends father worked her for many years. I know the site well and a mate sold it- cool building.

Nice. I even stopped to check it and the neighbourhood out when we were between lockdowns. Building was awesome and ticked a lot of boxes, I just wasn't crazy about all the units and flats next door and along the street plus the proximity of the busy train line junction behind the properties opposite.  

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, MFX said:

That is a very nice looking garage. I think if mine was that nice, it would last about 5 minutes before I covered it in oil and metal filings :D

Yes it is but ,where is the beer fridge,Telly,Wine rack, and mandatory old leather couch ? :)

• 2 months later...

Has anyone got experience with these guys? Even better if you own one of these parking stackers... 

https://aussiecarhoists.com.au/shop/car-parking-hoist-3600kg/ 

Tuff-lift don't want my $$ despite my efforts, I'd spoken to the Klaus-lift folks but quite $$ this is a reasonably good practical solution that I can tell (dimensions more specific) but I dont know anyone who's got one of these lifts to comment? Can't find much online either. 

Cheers 

8 hours ago, edgy said:

Has anyone got experience with these guys? Even better if you own one of these parking stackers... 

Tuff-lift don't want my $$ despite my efforts, I'd spoken to the Klaus-lift folks but quite $$ this is a reasonably good practical solution that I can tell (dimensions more specific) but I dont know anyone who's got one of these lifts to comment? Can't find much online either. 

Cheers 

Kurt I like the profile of this lift from an approach angle, friend has the bendpak similar to tuft and for some of his cars with no nose lift the angle of the ramps was too high as they have the large cross member beam at front. Compounding this was his are double width lifts. . I like the way the lift in your link is literally at floor level for loading.

8 hours ago, Tips said:

Kurt I like the profile of this lift from an approach angle, friend has the bendpak similar to tuft and for some of his cars with no nose lift the angle of the ramps was too high as they have the large cross member beam at front. Compounding this was his are double width lifts. . I like the way the lift in your link is literally at floor level for loading.

Yes, very good points.. I am going to talk to a couple of installers they referred me to if I can today and get some feedback. 

More to come... 

9 hours ago, edgy said:

I am going to talk to a couple of installers they referred me to if I can today and get some feedback. 

More to come... 

Will be following. I've been looking at 4 post hoists a little while now.

Unfortunately unless I can find another option I have only one which suits. It needs to be smaller than all the others as height and space is limited. I only needed to store my Formula cars so smaller is perfect.

https://herohoistsqld.com.au/lift-king-9s-small-4-post-4-0t-portable/

On 01/03/2023 at 16:15, edgy said:

Cheers 

Shame you’re having issues with TL Kurt, mine have been great. 

Re hoists, what kind of ceiling height is the minimum or ideal recommended?

41 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Just be done with it and get some of these for your driveway. Make sure you get the 3 level version though because the two level ones are for peasants :Chuckle2:

About $5k yea?🤣

42 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Just be done with it and get some of these for your driveway. Make sure you get the 3 level version though because the two level ones are for peasants :Chuckle2:

Anyone have any idea of costs of getting something like this done in Australia (Sydney) ? Living in the inner west and then in a terrace, space is very much at a premium :(

31 minutes ago, AndrewM said:

Anyone have any idea of costs of getting something like this done in Australia (Sydney) ? Living in the inner west and then in a terrace, space is very much at a premium :(

Wohr are very responsive, much more so than the smaller firms. I priced the indoor (more commercial) version of these and they were $75k per unit installed (2 wide, 2 deep, so 4 cars). I imagine these are significantly more.

https://wohr.com.au/en/product/parklift-450.html

Keep in mind you've also got the construction costs of doing the pit. If you're on rock excavation costs could be prohibitive. We had a member a while back who installed one in Paddington I think it was, but i've go no clue if he used Wohr. These are the two main brands doing this kind of thing:

www.wohr.com.au

and

carstackers.com.au

I can find far more examples of Wohr products being installed which is why I asked with them in the first place.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

It's good to see that you've finally finished off the guest house @sleazius.  It's been a hard slog for the contractors but you must be happy with the outcome 🙂