Keeping the flame, mindless ramblings of petrolhead's during lockdown!

edgy

Hello all, hope you're alright? 

Just curious what others are doing during lockdown to try and keep their interest with cars, other than logging on here & keeping in touch with their peers in the car community? 

I don't want to do the wrong thing and go for a drive, even if its for "essential reasons", and you can only wash & look at the the car so much! 

So I am certainly at a frustration point... I've not driven it in 3 months now! I can however go recreationally boating, so maybe I need to just put my attention into other things with motors :lol:

3 hours ago, edgy said:

So I am certainly at a frustration point... I've not driven it in 3 months now! I can however go recreationally boating, so maybe I need to just put my attention into other things with motors :lol:

Yep, Hear what you are saying, A day on the water gives you some freedom.

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Just curious what others are doing during lockdown to try and keep their interest with cars

Constantly scouring Carsales and Auction sites, looking for P-Cars that I don't need, I shouldn't buy, and I am not allowed to drive. 

But still looking... 

:rolleyes:

I am scratching my head about how I’ll get to a major City for my next service. I am booked in at PCM in November but Dictator Dan won’t let me into Vic (I live in Wagga). 

Car has a full Porsche service history! 

Anyway here’s hoping I can get to Sydney in the near future. 

I sold my boat to buy my car...

58 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

I am scratching my head about how I’ll get to a major City for my next service. I am booked in at PCM in November but Dictator Dan won’t let me into Vic (I live in Wagga). 

Car has a full Porsche service history! 

Anyway here’s hoping I can get to Sydney in the near future. 

Is there a Porsche Dealership in Canberra?

Don't worry - I don't think you can use the boat recreationally in NSW lockdown either!  

34 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Is there a Porsche Dealership in Canberra?

yes there is - Gulson Porsche i think is the name of it.  

53 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I sold my boat to buy my car...

Any regrets right now? 

18 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Don't worry - I don't think you can use the boat recreationally in NSW lockdown either!

Had to check that, as its shifting sands to say the least, all good provided you adhere to the guidelines & don't leave your LGA or exceed 5km's to access Marina or boat ramp ... https://roads-waterways.transport.nsw.gov.au/maritime/covid-19-update.html 

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

I’m doing bits and pieces in the garage - but flatbed in and flatbed out to get any work done externally is wearing thin.

And BMX bikes 😁

Seriously though, I really feel for all of you in lockdown. Hope you're all ok

That's all I'll say on here

53 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Minor pangs - especially as the weather up here has been gorgeous, and it is seen as a legitimate activity in our LGA.

With all this bench-racing going on, I feel the insurers out there should be offering up some discounts...

Me too, we’ve had some glorious days here lately, and I get salty as fuck if I’m honest when I’m on my morning or afternoon walks by the beach/river with my wife and people are out in their boats living their best lives! 😂 

ditto on the insurance!!! 

2 hours ago, OBRUT said:

FAMILY

a4f.png

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I must be one of the only car buffs that has never seen even one Fast & Furious movie.........

I think it resonates if you were 20 in the year 2000 +/- 10 years. 

31 minutes ago, Uncle said:

Diesel gardening is the best gardening. 

Agreed, but I downsized my yard significantly so no bueno 

On 30/08/2021 at 13:04, edgy said:

Just curious what others are doing during lockdown to try and keep their interest with cars

You need another Porsche in your life but something older than the GT3 so you can continuously work on what's breaking down or needs upgrading to get your fix