In school zones.. those RTA employed people wearing high vis who stop you on the zebra crossing, blatant waste of tax payer money in my opinion... but more or less they just sh*t me off and I find them a nuisance.

Would'nt it be nice if people would actually stop at the school crossings, then we would not have the need for these crossing people to risk their life trying to stop the traffic for the kids to cross. 

I know what your trying to say edgy but they are necessary unfortunately.

Would'nt it be nice if people would actually stop at the school crossings, then we would not have the need for these crossing people to risk their life trying to stop the traffic for the kids to cross.

I know what your trying to say edgy but they are necessary unfortunately.

Glad you hear my point brother!

That's is why kids have no hazard perception, they're bubble wrapped from day one! Maybe call me old school, but that is just my .02c

Even a simple set of lights would suffice too!

Bosses who don't like hearing the truth.

Drugs in sport, over that, why don't they all take them and that way no one gets an advantage! just a thought.

People who get carried away with their own importance, sorry, but your not that precious. 

Vent/rant

How on earth do people have the patience to take 2,3 or 4 years to restore a car?

I've only had mine for less than 6 months and it's doing my head in!

Patient, I am not! I just wanna drive it

the trick is to have 2 cars, one you can drive and one you can restore! (then swap)

Good point! 

Maybe I can pass the Hiace van off with some badges and cup wheels as 'The new Porsche Transporter' to her indoors!

I think a wing might get her a bit suss though

I don't like the direction this Forum is going.

That is a shame because I think this is a very rare and unique forum. The members here are all very respectful of one another. Even a comment like you have made above, has not had stones thrown at it.  I don't know of any other forum where someone wouldn't have had a go at you for saying something like this.

A forum is as good as it's members make it.  If you don't like the direction, you could try starting posts that you like and see if you can add some Vas influence or just avoid the stuff you don't like. Thats what I do. 

Just sayin...

My little VENT - those budget direct adverts. Who is that bloke and why is he with that french girl?  They confuse me.  Also, the new Kleenex  toilet wipes add with the guy washing the window without water  WHAT THE!  Bizarro... 

That is a shame because I think this is a very rare and unique forum. The members here are all very respectful of one another. Even a comment like you have made above, has not had stones thrown at it.  I don't know of any other forum where someone wouldn't have had a go at you for saying something like this.

A forum is as good as it's members make it.  If you don't like the direction, you could try starting posts that you like and see if you can add some Vas influence or just avoid the stuff you don't like. Thats what I do. 

Just sayin...

My little VENT - those budget direct adverts. Who is that bloke and why is he with that french girl?  They confuse me.  Also, the new Kleenex  toilet wipes add with the guy washing the window without water  WHAT THE!  Bizarro... 

The NEW Budget Direct ad!  Aliens have abducted the cute French girl and the picky old fart and taken their places!!

Well said above, Amanda.

Vas, if you don't like the direction of the forum, perhaps try and steer it back on course with some positive input instead of just a whinge post (apart from in VENT! of course).   I am not having a go at you for not liking something,  just suggesting that if you join in the conversation you might find we're not so bad after all.  You've been too quiet lately, where's the old Vas gone?

Just sayin...

Thanks Amanda.

This was a rare and unique forum, but it has changed. Not for the better in my opinion.

You say all the members are respectful of one another. I disagree.

We don't need to go into the details of why again, and I wont.

"  I don't know of any other forum where someone wouldn't have had a go at you for saying something like this."

Amanda that may be a combination of factors. Some people agree with me but won't say so in public, for a variety of reasons.

Others just choose to ignore my comments as they have heard it all before and lets face it, enough is enough.

I would like to think that the others may just respect my opinion and leave it at that, who knows.

" If you don't like the direction, you could try starting posts that you like and see if you can add some Vas influence or just avoid the stuff you don't like. Thats what I do. "

I really don't want to influence the forum, it is what it is.

I have had my chance to have my say on many occasions and the mods(and members) have made it clear the forum is going another way.

That's fine, most of the forum is happy, so who am I to go on swimming against the tide. I just don't have the energy anymore and I respect the umpires decision.

I understand what you say about avoiding the stuff you don't like, but if I see BS (IMO) I will say something every time.

Now that's my problem to deal with, its not just on here. If I see something I feel is wrong at work or just down the street shopping I will say something or step in if I feel it may help. Now, if the forum is going in a direction I don't like, and knowing I have made my point, why hang around and give everyone else who are happy with the direction the shits. The forum is big enough to make its own way forward in whatever direction it likes and that's great. I have backed away from posting as I want to be able to enjoy the odd SMT or beer with the forum members without any hard feelings or getting banned for being a pain in the ass. Even this reply sounds like another whinge, but out of respect I thought I should reply.

I still check in and will be the first to help out anyone I can by post or PM as I have done since joining.

It is still a good forum and will only get bigger over the years.

Hope you and everyone understands my position.

As always Vas 0418501400, if I can help anyone out in anyway.

(sorry about my spelling and punctuation, but you should have seen it when I first joined) :lol:

You know I hate it when you regularly drive a street and you receive two speeding infringements in one day.

Then you realise they had dropped the speed limit from 60 to 50 the week earlier!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sucks..........especially when they got you for 58 & 61.

It does however feel a little better when you realise it was your brother's car.