Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thoughts? I could be interested if okay? Or too much money to bring up to scratch? Would minimum need seats recovered...

Shannons are renowned for under-pricing their estimates .... they do it to create interest. All it does is p**s people off ....

If you are interested, be prepare to pay a lot more ....

Also, the burgundy interior is almost non-existent  ... we need some for a 944 and so far I haven't been able to source it ...

Got to love the ad copy...AAA Investment! http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-4954242&Cr=4

Does anybody really think like this?

in all my years of buying cars - only two of which have ever been from dealers - the one thing you can say for certain is that car sellers cover a very large spectrum of sanity and honesty.

probably because the low ballers lowball off the starting price. So if you want $60k, unless it is an absolute steal at that price so will walk out the door, best to list it a bit higher

I don't get why a lot of people complain about low ballers who just send lowball offers.  Fair enough if they waste all your time but my response to low ball offers is to just decline and re-state the selling price.  No big deal, it's not personal, they're just playing thumpers game.   I knew a guy who let a mint wrx go for at least $10k under market because he needed cash quickly so the first low baller got the car.

Sent me heaps of pics but interior is shabby, needs lots of work from the pics on the interior, there is better cars around but not cheaper and they are cheap for a reason.

How many reasons do you want ;) All I can say is if you chase that car , use the old price and then negotiate very hard.  Its amazing how many people can be misaligned on words.. like "good"  .. perhaps the rattle can matt black hoop

Trying to work out how you add 40k to a car, by removing half a roll cage and a trick suspension setup ... its a looker all right ..but will test the hotrod market ceiling 

It's my car Symsy. 30k spent over the past 2 months to convert back a street car. Almost every panel changed from the IROC, all new components and body work, respraying certain body panels, all new interior genuine carpet imported from the USA, 5k, Brand new Dansk Exhaust, Braids 5k, TB15's brand new, 2k steering wheel, it goes on and on mate. And allowing for the typical car sales beat down on price, I'll be lucky to recoup my costs. This was not a muck around project done on the cheap I promise you. Last IROC conversion to street car sold a few months ago for 150k days after listing on car sales. 

Hope you picked them off the forum for sale..  As I said its a looker … PS I know where the last white hotrod is parked ;) GLWS 

Ha nice one symsy, I went to Phillip Island with the white hot rod earlier this year, he's a mate of mine. That is a great car! 

Open to reasonable offfers on mine. It's a beautifully engineered well sorted car. I'd keep it under the same roof as my GT3 but just can't justify having both. Cheers mate!

For the slant nose lovers (I am one of them) but the orange doesn't do it for me

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hartley/cars-vans-utes/1974-porsche-911/1159381431?ea=5465910&utm_source=trigger&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=saved_search

Edited by rafikdous

Trying to work out how you add 40k to a car, by removing half a roll cage and a trick suspension setup ... its a looker all right ..but will test the hotrod market ceiling 

Yes this is a concrete test of the HotRod market. As I have a new widebody G series exrace project, I am watching closely.

Interesting to see how much defanging is needed to make a semi-civilised road car out of a trackrat.

I notice the Carsales add has it listed as a 4 speed gearbox - could this be a Turbo 915 box. or a typo? 

That little motor looks like it would spit & snarl in stop/go traffic until it warmed up & then Zoom (ahhh to be young again!!!)

Seeing as it's the YOTC, I've noticed a couple of 996.1s have slipped under the $30k mark. If you take on the Boxrod mentality, it makes it an interesting proposition. One is even priced at less than a 944 auto:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-15044158/?gts=OAG-AD-15044158&gtssaleid=OAG-AD-15044158&Cr=19&rankingType=

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1999/SSE-AD-4968339/?Cr=14