Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

yip that old one... got this reply

Due to my location and since view or pick up is not an option I will agree for a 7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the car ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the car for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the car back on my cost!
You can read more about it following the link below:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/contextual/return-policy.html

Let me know if the above return policy is acceptable and if you want to purchase the car please confirm your PayPal email for further instructions.

Some I know got a slightly different reply from Joshs wife .. just a paypal payment required .. cars not in Brisbane.. its in Perth!  Maybe one of our single members wants to go pay Joshs hot wife a visit whilst hes outta town .. and shes dealing with his business. I sense shes on Tinder also but again only if you got paypal.  

Didn't he only own it only for a few weeks before he realised he had a cobra sized itch he wanted to scratch and on sold it before it was Unclised? 

Yes.  This is the car he tried to buy, but the seller wouldn't meet his price, so when Uncles mate wanted a Porsche and on Uncles recommendation, he bought it. It is the one that was at the MG car show when Uncle showed up in the Gemballa Boxter, which he sold to buy the Silver 930 which he sold, then bought  this car, which he sold when he bought his Cobra ........

Edited by OZ930

Due to my location and since view or pick up is not an option I will agree for a 7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the car ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the car for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the car back on my cost!

Let me know if the above return policy is acceptable and if you want to purchase the car please confirm your PayPal email for further instructions.

NOTE: His English is very good when he explains in detail Ebay & Paypal payment/refund policy.

I guess this is a variation of the old "I am working on an Oil Rig" scam. 

I really like it and all I would do is lose the rear wing and replace with something more subtle.

doesnt need a backdate IMO

this targa was purchased from Perth last year (March16) for ~$42K, now asking $85K.  Wow, the market is looking up again LOL :ph34r:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-5002682?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert

UK car. Very rough around the edges particularly paint on rear guards (bubbling).

The devils in the details .... (and in the gut feel) ... :LOL:

I really like it and all I would do is lose the rear wing and replace with something more subtle.

doesnt need a backdate IMO

100% agree. It might not be everyones car, but its complete at the very least. And asking price seems fair for what has been done. Im assuming that motor will be 300hp at least in that current state. Would a very fun street car. 

Remember looking at it when it was around 45k. (prob 4-5 years ago)  Thought it was a decent buy then but just missed out. 

Edited by Teutonic

I never really bonded with the blue almost black 911. Old mate did call me and asked if I wanted to buy it back but I’m not overly interested in it. 

If I was going to buy it the first thing I would do is fit a stock flywheel. The cup flywheel in it is annoying as, well it’s very annoying. Wayyyy to light for a street car. The other reason I  sold it is the motor has too much comp to add a turbo/s. Other than that it’s not a bad hotrod. I wouldn’t pay 85K for it but whatcha going to do with 911’s being silly money these days. 

If I was going to buy it the first thing I would do is fit a stock flywheel. The cup flywheel in it is annoying as, well it’s very annoying. Wayyyy to light for a street car.  

Cup flywheel can be a pain, but with the correct mapping, they are a dream. Without the right map you end up stalling all the time when you come to a stop or you have to be a boy racer blipping the throttle at the right time to prevent the stall, which is a PITA. Having used one on a daily drive for 2 years including regular London traffic, I can assure people that they can be made more than acceptable (although some think my tastes can be a bit hard core at times :D)

I had a LWFW for awhile which the previous owner installed, I removed it in fear of engine damage and harmonic balancing etc etc. If it wasn't for that I would have kept it.

It takes a fair bit to get used to it though, also didn't help that my clutch assistance spring was broken in three bits and bound together making driving like leg day at the gym...

I'm struggling to know how I feel about this one ..... either the guy is a genius, or just plain greedy.

Fancy charging $25 for the privilege of bidding on a car at auction or just turning up to have a look .... that is more than the regular admission price ..

https://classiccars.pickles.com.au/

I'm struggling to know how I feel about this one ..... either the guy is a genius, or just plain greedy.

Fancy charging $25 for the privilege of bidding on a car at auction or just turning up to have a look .... that is more than the regular admission price ..

https://classiccars.pickles.com.au/

closing down sale do you think? Sales depot in sydney shut down...