Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

16 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

@Zelrik911 I heard his reasons - wont repeat them here - i think its legitimate. A PPI with a focus on a few areas should tell me if there is anything else horrible lurking.

Honestly - I really think you have to see it yourself & make the big decision on the spot.

A PPI is good for a 10 year old car, but on older high K cars the testers can find so many faults that you really dont know if they are detailing trivial or serious problems. One real look at the car will tell you if wifey will hate it - put up with it - or love it. Also you will instinctively know if it needs an extra 5K or 10K to make it presentable. Just say it takes an extra 10K  to make it a DD, well then you would be well advised to look at the others for sale. If you can do any & all refurbishment work yourself, then ignore what I said.

Anyway good luck in your dealing.

15 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

That is a nice 928 GTS.  I wonder what they are asking for it.  The amazing car there (CTS) at the moment is the Lambo Muira.  A cool 2.15 million.  WOW..........

Was a very very nice Miura for sale about 5 years back, a lazy 750,000 . Just couldn't raise the cash for it but tried ..

2 hours ago, edgy said:

The lack of air intakes in the quarter panels is the first red flag.... it kinda goes downhill  from there! 

Maybe they covered the intake with vinyl wrap.......

I could be wrong but the pic front on, looks to be a UK tax disc passenger side front window.....surely these scammers could steal more realistic pics

15 hours ago, Taffy said:

Thankyou for the detailed response. Gives me alot to think about.

Will see the green (taking the wife for a 2nd opinion) cab in person after the PPI, will be sure to factor all the above in, price discussed is pretty good vs what i have seen the market do over the past 6 months. For me the only factor is the colour, if it was replacing the weekend warrior a manual coupe would the target, but this may end my daily for abit and the wife will likely want to drive it which is a good thing. A good reason to justify a manual Cayman in the garage too :).

If its not my cup of tea in person will be WA mid Feb with work so could arrange a look at the red car.

Appreciate the well thought out replies, better then a lot of forums.

cheers

Taffy

Welcome to the Forum.

My wife saw me looking at the Gumtree cab add & said " I like that green colour!" So you might be OK for matrimonial approval.

BUT what is it with the RH headlight ??? Looks like a big chunk of plastic from the underneath is missing in photo 4 . I know that 996/Boxster headlights are expensive even from wreckers - so be careful. I think its been on the market for a while & has had a tidy-up / detail as well as a price drop to make it saleable.

2 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Welcome to the Forum.

My wife saw me looking at the Gumtree cab add & said " I like that green colour!" So you might be OK for matrimonial approval.

BUT what is it with the RH headlight ??? Looks like a big chunk of plastic from the underneath is missing in photo 4 . I know that 996/Boxster headlights are expensive even from wreckers - so be careful. I think its been on the market for a while & has had a tidy-up / detail as well as a price drop to make it saleable.

Thanks Zelrik. Wife does not like the colour from the photos, would rather see it black but if i factor in a wrap (been pondering what i would wrap it too... could have some fun with this) into the price and its still firmly lower then rest of the options then its a none issue.  Aware of the headlight replacement costs from ebay searches, thanks for the note - must not have spent enough time looking at them as i dont see it? 

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Thanks.

Taffy

7 minutes ago, Taffy said:

Thanks Zelrik. Wife does not like the colour from the photos, would rather see it black but if i factor in a wrap (been pondering what i would wrap it too... could have some fun with this) into the price and its still firmly lower then rest of the options then its a none issue.  Aware of the headlight replacement costs from ebay searches, thanks for the note - must not have spent enough time looking at them as i dont see it? 

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Thanks.

Taffy

It’s a shame you missed this one:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2000/SSE-AD-4627436

2 hours ago, Taffy said:

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Thanks.

Taffy

I think you are right - what looked odd to me was above the amber portion in the first photo ( the internals looked raggedly), but it seems OK in the other pics. 

Seems like a few auto cabs are popping up in the usual colours of Silver,  Blue & Black so it would seem a shame to wrap this odd one. Question  - does it cost much to do these 'wraps'?

35 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Question  - does it cost much to do these 'wraps'?

Wrapped an Rs4 wagon a few years ago (matte black). Personally wouldn’t recommend it. Cost about $3k. Over the months it got little nicks or areas started pulling away (around doors especially). Was also a pain to keep clean. After 12 months I just got the shits with it and had it removed 

On 27/01/2018 at 2:33 PM, Troubleshooter said:

You lowballer Mike Related image It's worth 10k! .. It's not much better than the crappy slantnose he's selling as well - önly 65k, valued in the 6 figures

He countered at $40k... but it would need to be running and driving for that much... oh well.

On 27/01/2018 at 5:22 PM, Peter M said:

I understand 2 and there has been some privately imported since.  If you have a look around page 501 of this thread there is some chat that may interest you.

Thanks for the pointer.

16 hours ago, turboT said:

Wrapped an Rs4 wagon a few years ago (matte black). Personally wouldn’t recommend it. Cost about $3k. Over the months it got little nicks or areas started pulling away (around doors especially). Was also a pain to keep clean. After 12 months I just got the shits with it and had it removed 

PM sent - going to get my car clear wrapped to protect the paint - want to make sure I don't take it to the guys who did yours.

1 hour ago, OzStriker said:

Wait...a lhd import in an undesirable colour for $140k?  If that sells there's a new high water mark.