Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

37 minutes ago, tomo said:

I do not get why people don't post all the info needed in the original post 🙄 .

Call me cynical, because they know it negatively affects value and are hoping to find a buyer that doesn’t think to ask.

Same applies to L-R converted cars, colour changed cars, non matching numbers car etc etc.

I’ve seen LHD cars for sale with no mention of it and no photos of the dash etc. 

3 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Call me cynical, because they know it negatively affects value and are hoping to find a buyer that doesn’t think to ask.

Same applies to L-R converted cars, colour changed cars, non matching numbers car etc etc.

I’ve seen LHD cars for sale with no mention of it and no photos of the dash etc. 

100%

28 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Yeah, I get what you are saying, Spose by the time it comes out in the wash it's some one else's problem.

What's going on with the Macan market? Seems to be a few very nice Macans for sale with reasonable low kms for some really good prices. I was thinking of getting a Cayenne but i'm being tempted by the Macan ( diesel preferably ). Am I missing something about the Macan market?

1 hour ago, Spets87 said:

Both Macans and Cayennes have definitely dropped 20% or more over the last 6 months, along most other Euros.

Yeah, seems like the real question is “what’s keeping 911/Cayman/Boxster asking prices so high?” (and will it last) … they seem to be adjusting, but much slower. 

16 minutes ago, JWM said:

Yeah, seems like the real question is “what’s keeping 911/Cayman/Boxster asking prices so high?” (and will it last) … they seem to be adjusting, but much slower. 

Such a shame hardly any new 987.2 or 981 caymans are coming onto the market.

It’s not very exciting to jump on CS daily to just keep looking  at the same cars  that have been sitting for years 🤣

14 minutes ago, JWM said:

- Population has increased from 23.49M in 2014 to 27m in 2024.

- Two of the models are the cheapest way to get into a Porsche

- Governments globally printed money like crazy the last 4 years, causing rampant inflation.

- In any downturn buyers take the lift to the bottom, sellers take the stairs

On top of those things we've got the fact that the reserve currency of the world thought it would be a good idea to create more money than anyone else, creating a constant stream of exported inflation.

When you see it in a graph its pretty jarring.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M1SL

Anyone who thinks interest rates are going down are kidding themselves.

Short term desirable cars should drop, long term they're only going in the other direction.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sjm said:

Whoa...... ! hope to win the lotto so I can scoop up this beauty 2002 Holden Commodore S VX II Manual (carsales.com.au)

Saw a basic VN commodore on Marketplace the other day for $25,000 and thought that was a helluva laugh, but this goes that 1000 steps further 😅😅

On 11/07/2024 at 19:00, sjm said:

Whoa...... ! hope to win the lotto so I can scoop up this beauty 2002 Holden Commodore S VX II Manual (carsales.com.au)

That thing must have been on the market for around that price for a few years now. It doubt he drove it much if at all and I very much doubt he cared about it. He would have had plenty of much more interesting vehicles.

"Tell him he's dreamin!"

On 11/07/2024 at 19:00, sjm said:

It made the list!

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/from-the-classifieds-top-10-most-expensive-cars-on-carsales-146851/

Old client of mine had loads of Brock gear (helmets, race suits etc), as they were good mates.

SS Brock with 20km (twenty, not twenty thousand) on the clock. Hasn't touched the ground since it was parked, so I imagine that would fetch a pretty penny or three. Also has an original XU1 driven by Brock and the first E type in Oz. 

20190918_204132.jpg.9f941171a9997edbb3ae0ab1a00a7dd3.jpg

On 26/06/2024 at 17:00, 3legs said:

What's going on with the Macan market? Seems to be a few very nice Macans for sale with reasonable low kms for some really good prices. I was thinking of getting a Cayenne but i'm being tempted by the Macan ( diesel preferably ). Am I missing something about the Macan market?

All the covid price hike 's are nearly back too normal,Some good buying with the Macan's right now good thing too.

21 minutes ago, tomo said:

All the covid price hike 's are nearly back too normal,Some good buying with the Macan's right now good thing too.

We just traded one in, and I was tempted until I saw that it had only had 1 service done in 5 years 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

We just traded one in, and I was tempted until I saw that it had only had 1 service done in 5 years 🤦‍♂️

My buddy in UK says his new Cayenne is like 2 year servicing and/ or some crazy long mileage- could be 20,000 miles?  Europe has gone nuts trying to save the planet by skimping on things that will prolong the life of an engine.

2 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

How many Ks in that 5 years ?

40 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

Only 30,260 but it was last serviced with 11,500km in 2020.

Yeah, Bit of a gap ,600 smackers for a PPI straight off. 🙄 

On 17/07/2024 at 17:50, LeeM said:

Old client of mine had loads of Brock gear

XU1 driven by Brock and the first E type in Oz. 

Hi Lee

I saw your info about your "Brock" client having the first  the first E type in Oz.

I used to have the the first E type Coupe delivered in Oz; so I was curious if his and my old E Type are the same car.

Have you seen it? What colour is it? 

2 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Hi Lee

I saw your info about your "Brock" client having the first  the first E type in Oz.

I used to have the the first E type Coupe delivered in Oz; so I was curious if his and my old E Type are the same car.

Have you seen it? What colour is it? 

Hey mate

I have seen it, and even have a photo of it 😁

I should have added it was the first E Type delivered to Australia that he bought new in the UK, (or ordered from here) and imported himself. It was a few years ago, so I can't remember exactly, so the 'legit Aussie delivered' may not be correct

Other than that, the suits and helmets in the background are Peter Brock's, the speedway car was powered by a Renault engine (I think...it was European anyway). The model car collection was massive, and all cars were perfectly aligned and spaced. The gent was building a metal 1/24 scale replica of a GTR XU1 Torana from scratch, including a billet engine that had been handmade. It was nuts! 

He has quite a collection of speedway bikes, which I think one was (don't quote me on this) NZ's icon Ivan Mauger and also one of Aussie John Boulger' bikes

He was (think he still might be in his late 70's) racing an 'Australian made car from the 70's', yet he did ask me at the time to not publish a photo of that one

Screenshot_20190920-142042_Instagram.jpg