Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

There seem to be a few of these "creations" coming on the market, perhaps a new thread titled "Salvageable wreck?" should be started. I don't know if this would be worth the time & money to turn back. The problem with this type of restoration is more often than not, to get the car in its present form, irreversible damage has been done.    

considering the asking price and potential cost of reversing the changes, it may not be economical as the cost will be almost equal to a clean, local, un modified car. Say, $37.5k for the car + $20k for parts, paint, work, etc = $57.5k  ,   you can get a very good Ausie Carrera 3.2 for around $60k 

so, this one would have to be much less than the asking price to be even considered

and this one is a 2.7L too, so even less desirable 

It maybe worth buying and stripping it back as I'm sure you would find illegal contraband stashed somewhere within. That would hopefully pay for the rocket you would need to strap to it and send it off into space or filling it with explosives - either seem a worthy and justifiable cause. 

I may give him a call and make him an offer................

It maybe worth buying and stripping it back as I'm sure you would find illegal contraband stashed somewhere within. That would hopefully pay for the rocket you would need to strap to it and send it off into space or filling it with explosives - either seem a worthy and justifiable cause. 

I may give him a call and make him an offer................

Are you making him an offer for the illegal contraband, or the car?  ..... just wanted to clarify  :ph34r:

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic1.html

1porsche993carrerarsred.jpg

I'm not sure if this car's been discussed. Apologies if it has but a new record for CTS tax? A rare beast....993 RS Touring.

That ad is a little misleading in that 23 RS -T's were Aus delivered, 10 in 1995 and another 13 in 1996, plus another 14 RS- CS's 1995-6.

ARRRRR Can we please start using warnings on these ***Warning what you are about to see may....will cause distress**** 

I just spilled my coffee everywhere when I opened that link!!

look at that gap between the bonnet & front wing.

cp5096989796992698134.jpg?height=700&asp

I wish I was wealthy enough to save that car and make everything right again! Awful. Surely they were drunk? Or lost their glasses? It's a joke right?

Well, well. Thats my old RS Touring. Nice car, presented well. Has a bit more of a history than the ad might suggest but thats ok, as it is a good thing. Priced reasonably, but I would say that wouldnt I, with an RS Clubsport in the shed, so dont go on what I might say. Doubled its value in eight years by the look of it. I will watch this one with interest....

You could buy that purple one and park it next to your Panamerra. People would say, "wow, that Panamera looks great!"

So it could serve a purpose.

so long as your Panamera is in Amethyst Metallic!

100_7965.jpg

The long time lookers need to get on the case here. Non matching numbers not great but not fatal. If it is a genuine M491 then this is a good bit of kit at the right price. The colour combo is good, km ok , condition looks not bad in photos. 85 means no cat required but need to check if 231hp, 217 or 207 re-engine.

Should have the option code m491 but the best test is it should have the turbo brakes if it is genuine 491 factory widebody - calipers are at the front on the rear brakes.

IMHO m491 is the best of the Carreras, just disappointed I missed out on one when I was looking.

Not a genuine M491 so no turbo brakes or other bits.

Condition - from a brief inspection there are few bits that could use some attention.

Engine has been replaced in 2008 with another engine of unknown origin/kilometers. Power delivery seemed very linear (no kick at about 4500 rpm I remember from my 3.2).

Not much in terms of service invoices apart from the stamped service book up until some time in the nineties.

Wheels are regular 6 and 7 inch items and look wrong, needs big spacers to fill out the guards.

Row rear bumpers, us front bumper. Carrera front valance but kmh speedo.

Got me beat but I'm going to guess ex japan.

No service history, owner a bit vague and says too busy to take the car to a reputable shop for an inspection.

Sounds like a great opportunity....

No service history, owner a bit vague and says too busy to take the car to a reputable shop for an inspection.

Sounds like a great opportunity....

Randall, it looks like your back in the hunt for P car!

Welcome back to Stuttgart!