Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

This ad is very clever. Showing what the car looks like when it's going real fast (it's a Porsche, remember). IE. It's a blur.

Hats off, this is great marketing.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1990-porsche-911-coupe/1112451712

I must be missing something with this one .....

All I see are dark, crap photos with no good shots of any angle .... the description is just as crap, if not worse.

i don't think he was going for the "fast Porsche" look ..... I think he was just too lazy to take proper shots.

It's amazing that 2 different lookers can get such different perspectives ..... just my $0.02c worth.

Or .......... did I totally miss your sarcasm? .......

Edited by Dreamr

This one comes "with the newer oval dash update". So perhaps a pic of the dash would be good, no? ;)

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1986-porsche-944-coupe-manual-not-911/1114410243

A bit of competition against mine me thinks, pity there's no centre console cover and the colour has faded on the dash it's going brown.

Poor bugger is going to drop upwards of $45,000 for only 6000kms of driving....

Glad he's had so much enjoyment from looking at it for the last 9 years!

Nice car though.  If the IMS hasn't been done it will probably go POP as soon as the new owner starts driving it! :ph34r: 

Interesting looking car... Seems like great condition and a fair price given that?

I've sent a note to ask about IMS but assume he would have mentioned it if it's been done...

Interesting looking car... Seems like great condition and a fair price given that?

I've sent a note to ask about IMS but assume he would have mentioned it if it's been done...

He hasn't done IMS and previous owner never mentioned it so assume no. Seemed like a reasonable bloke. It's tempting... Is price ok? I can't even remember seeing another "4" for sale, only "4S's's's".

Edit: Alright, stupid comment, there are three for sale right now on Carsales. They're pricing makes this look bang on considering k's.

Edited by JWM

One of the better ones. Does it need a new dash?

The guy who bought my 924 a month ago has already had the front seats reupholstered , has sent the dash to Melbourne to be recovered and is repainting the car a different colour.

He absolutely loves the car and is not concerned with what it's costing or what the market deems it is "worth" :)

and a little poxy looking too.  Turbos FTW!

This ad is very clever. Showing what the car looks like when it's going real fast (it's a Porsche, remember). IE. It's a blur.

Hats off, this is great marketing.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1990-porsche-911-coupe/1112451712

Vaseline on the lens

Capture_zpssiqsirzs.jpg

The guy who bought my 924 a month ago has already had the front seats reupholstered , has sent the dash to Melbourne to be recovered and is repainting the car a different colour.

He absolutely loves the car and is not concerned with what it's costing or what the market deems it is "worth" :)

Yep, I managed to grab my 924 relatively inexpensively (and it was delivered). I have a recovered dash, some upholstery to do, half a rewire, S2 sways and Konis on the way, full engine tuneup kit, and potentially some new wheels. All before I even start on the body (if I bother, I kinda like the rat rod look).

I am considering this practice for the oval dash 944 I see in the future, and I like the fact it's being loved and not wrecked.

Yep, I managed to grab my 924 relatively inexpensively (and it was delivered). I have a recovered dash, some upholstery to do, half a rewire, S2 sways and Konis on the way, full engine tuneup kit, and potentially some new wheels. All before I even start on the body (if I bother, I kinda like the rat rod look).

I am considering this practice for the oval dash 944 I see in the future, and I like the fact it's being loved and not wrecked.

:rockon:

He hasn't done IMS and previous owner never mentioned it so assume no. Seemed like a reasonable bloke. It's tempting... Is price ok? I can't even remember seeing another "4" for sale, only "4S's's's".

Edit: Alright, stupid comment, there are three for sale right now on Carsales. They're pricing makes this look bang on considering k's.

I think if this car appeals to you it's well worth a look.  Not that it's a steal, but if you just ant a quality car to keep and it checks out as such, just get the IMS done and you're sweet!

Don't see many red 996's - I think they look good.

Guys, this is the Perth 930 that sold on 18th April for $105K on the same day it was advertised.

9er was in front of me but the car went east. It has or had a 964 3.3L turbo in the car. Now not shown in the photos so hard to know.

So a mark up of $74K in 1.5 months!

Guys, this is the Perth 930 that sold on 18th April for $105K on the same day it was advertised.

9er was in front of me but the car went east. It has or had a 964 3.3L turbo in the car. Now not shown in the photos so hard to know.

So a mark up of $74K in 1.5 months!

Ahh yes it is, i was thinking of another car...

No rust underneath could mean rust under the windscreen or in the sills...

It is English after all. "They are all $200,000 cars"