Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

If it is really worth that much, how would you feel as the new owner thrashing the bejesus out of it?  You couldn't!  Makes me feel a bit sad that it's now a financial asset to be tucked away in a vault rather than a thing of joy to use frequently.

I suppose it is all relative Peter..... The person buying a brand new Porsche is not going tho think the same, they are going to drive/ enjoy it. Yes it does not have the same "investment" potential, but in most (911) cases will be more than $250k.... from my perspective, yes it would be too scary to drive, but then again I will never be in a situation that I could even consider buying it, that is the real problem :wacko:

For some it will just be a play thing to go with all their other "toys".....

Tom,

What does that actually mean?

Deposit paid? Not likely

PPI arranged? Maybe

Salesman trying to create an illusion that the price is market competitive and buyers are hammering on his door so if you're interested, register your interest now? Buggered if I know.

Sold?  Surely they would just say that?  But I hope it is for your sake!

If it is really worth that much, how would you feel as the new owner thrashing the bejesus out of it?  You couldn't!  Makes me feel a bit sad that it's now a financial asset to be tucked away in a vault rather than a thing of joy to use frequently.

It was probably Tom that made the offer!

A ridiculous lowball one that he knows won't be accepted but helps fan the illusion that they are, so he can get same for his! ;)

All you gotta do turbot is get all the prominent dealers to put huge prices on, quickly mark them as under offer, then in walks Tom and his looks like a bargain if they're all getting snapped up at $250K!   Or is that what you've already done......

Tom,

Deposit paid? Not likely

PPI arranged? Maybe

Salesman trying to create an illusion that the price is market competitive and buyers are hammering on his door so if you're interested, register your interest now? Buggered if I know.

To be fair to CTS, which I rarely am, I have discussed this with them and they say that they do not put "under offer" on a car unless they have agreed a price and a deposit has been paid. It then  remains "under offer" until the transaction has been finalised, or at least until thye have all the money, at which time it changes to "sold". I made enquiries about an "under offer" car and they wouldn't even entertain a higher offer (although i did make the suggestion halfheartedly!)

To be fair to CTS, which I rarely am, I have discussed this with them and they say that they do not put "under offer" on a car unless they have agreed a price and a deposit has been paid. It then  remains "under offer" until the transaction has been finalised, or at least until thye have all the money, at which time it changes to "sold". 

This is consistent with my experience purchasing my 3.2 through CTS.

Tom,

Deposit paid? Not likely

PPI arranged? Maybe

It was probably Tom that made the offer!

A ridiculous lowball one that he knows won't be accepted but helps fan the illusion that they are, so he can get same for his! ;)

All you gotta do turbot is get all the prominent dealers to put huge prices on, quickly mark them as under offer, then in walks Tom and his looks like a bargain if they're all getting snapped up at $250K!   Or is that what you've already done......

I don't need another silver 930 in my life Trev :) (maybe you do?)

What does it mean Pete?  - that it is sold. We will probably never know the actual sale price but you can be assured it was near the asking. 'Why?' i hear you ask. Simple - two weeks ago I first saw it being prepped for sale and yet to be advertised, even on the CTS site. CTS's first call is to their customer base. They rarely put things on carsales unless they don't have a buyer, or it has been sitting a while. In this case they had it on carsales for just over a week, then they removed it. The only reason why they would remove it so quickly is because they have it sold and why leave it on carsales when a dealer has to pay $50 for every inquiry. They leave in on their own site with 'UNDER OFFER' so they it shows they are selling cars - much like an estate agent leaving houses in their window with 'sold' stickers on.

All points to a good sign for Aussi 930's ;) . Bucking the trend

The other aussi blue one they already had an offer of $250k on, but are holding out for full ask. At these prices they are going to investors for sure. Probably won't be driven much you are right.

The advantage CTS have over the couple of other Aussi cars available is their showroom. Best presentation for an old car. 

Well that would be the arm paid for on the black beast only a leg to go :o :D

arm, leg, body, hands, feet and head tomo. Just LCT to go...

Local agent 'signed up' and Singer is currently wrangling the ATO, and are hanging their hat on an earlier FTA dating from around '94. Seems our customs boffins haven't been playing cricket. 

Though suspect eveen for the real hairy men who are hunting singers the imposed taxes on top of the X-change rate take the edge off. 

As for a singer getting 25% over their sale, the issue of them being seen as a RUF and or staying the distance was a debate 6 years back.  

Wonder if the term assembled as used above can apply to the Singer, it is still a 964 by VIN. Everything else is otherwise bolt and  stick on 

Doing the math on the back of an envelope, I'd put it at about A$1.2Mazoongas OTR + donor.  Fark.

"At these prices they are going to investors for sure. Probably won't be driven much you are right."

Not always - I paid good money for my RS a few months back and I'm driving it every chance I get. Here it is after picking up some wine from my favorite local vineyard. Now looking for a well kept C2 or TT to go with it.

993_3rs.jpg

Edited by njb
fixed up quote

"At these prices they are going to investors for sure. Probably won't be driven much you are right."

Not always - I paid good money for my RS a few months back and I'm driving it every chance I get. Here it is after picking up some wine from my favorite local vineyard. Now looking for a well kept C2 or TT to go with it.

993_3rs.jpg

I know where theres a 50kms TT …  you will have to tell me what your willing to pay via PM and its not mine ..im keeping it 

Watch the Shannons auction tonight also 

nice to see that dirt 

993_3rs.jpg   

STUNNING - CS SPEC?

I know where theres a 50kms TT …  you will have to tell me what your willing to pay via PM and its not mine ..im keeping it 

Watch the Shannons auction tonight also 

I went and looked at that Shannons car on Saturday. It didn't impress me - quite a few marks/chips on the front bar, and also a very minor impact stress. The leaflet nearby also hinted that there were gaps in the service history. Even if it could be had for 270k, I'd be inclined to pay the extra 40-50 and get a better condition car with half the km's. If the car you are referring to is in Cairns I'm already in talks on that one ;) But again, big gaps in the service history make it hard to justify top dollar.

But really, I think I might get more enjoyment out of something like this, http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-3943961/?Cr=5, but definitely not for that money. I really have arrived too late to the 993 party...

Tom,

Deposit paid? Not likely

PPI arranged? Maybe

They list them as under offer while they go through the finalisation of the sale.  It'll be gone in the next week.

Update on my 1974 Targa sale - I am still overseas but unfortunately the holiday is almost over, never quite long enough.............

I have decided to drop the price http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1974/SSE-AD-2708192/?Cr=3 I am back at the end of the week so can monitor and talk to people in person.    

a couple of comments/opinions:

Someone said they are late to the 993 party? Well I am late to Porsche party in general :) still lots of fun so far and I haven't really enjoyed driving them yet.

CTS - I have had limited dealings but all in all I think they are fair.....nothing wrong with running a good business.

I'll also post the picture of my other car (964 carbio) as I am still using my daughter laptop here and photos are on my iPhone.

I am enjoying reading the comments here.....

Cheers

Emmanuel

Yes, how'd you know?

I had my GT3 in and I had to go and look at your car - it's  not every day you see an RS in the flesh. It's a stunning car, you must be very happy. 

I looked through the window and saw the radio/box - assumed you had it installed. I really liked the look of the radio in your car

cheers

Dave

I had my GT3 in and I had to go and look at your car - it's  not every day you see an RS in the flesh. It's a stunning car, you must be very happy. 

I looked through the window and saw the radio/box - assumed you had it installed. I really liked the look of the radio in your car

cheers

Dave

Yeah it's a lot of fun :) The Porsche Classic radio is nice, but in hindsight it was probably money wasted as you can't really hear the radio that much, and the nav/maps isn't working for AU yet. Happy you liked it - mutual respect, I want an 996 GT3 too! (well, who doesn't really lol)