Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Jonathan,

Have you thought about the price difference between the 997.1's and the 997.2's?  It often seems quite small even though there are some significant advantages in going to the .2's 

However getting a manual 997.2 will take some patience compared to the bountiful supply of the faster PDK equipped ones but there was a manual 3.8S with 75,000km for $115k that hung around for a while.  Reasonable mileage PDK ones seem to start at $110k onwards.

Agreed. I'd go for a 997.2 in preference. Manual's are really thin on the ground though (none for sale right now). A pristine 18,000km 2010 in sapphire blue went for about $170k, but there are a lot of bargains to be had if the PDK is your thing. 

Agreed. I'd go for a 997.2 in preference. Manual's are really thin on the ground though (none for sale right now). A pristine 18,000km 2010 in sapphire blue went for about $170k, but there are a lot of bargains to be had if the PDK is your thing. 

cheers guys, understand where your coming from. Pdk no interest i am old school so being a Porsche it should have 3 pedals. 

Couple of things prohibit a series 2 firstly budget and secondly k's. Trying to get something under 50kms and low 100's. Whilst I was entertaining mid 100's buying another house has quashed that.

I have interest now in this one after taking to the owner tonight, fully history from Porsche parramatta since new seems to be worth looking at, he's already had an offer this morning, the other one is in qld same year and details as the nsw car slight more k's also on car sales slightly higher price.

This would have good company in my collection... I like it but think its a bit over priced...  

same HP and presumably similar weight to Carrera RS and only 75 RHD worldwide so bloody rare.  Handles great.  Looks great too.  And looks mint.  Lots to like.  But somehow $100k for a 924 still just seems a lot of dough.  

I used to see a black one with red script every day on my drive to work years ago, somewhere around Mordialloc. I was driving my trusty VL Berlina and used to look longingly at it.

Update on my 1974 Targa sale - I am still overseas but unfortunately the holiday is almost over, never quite long enough.............

I have decided to drop the price http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1974/SSE-AD-2708192/?Cr=3 I am back at the end of the week so can monitor and talk to people in person.    

Finally back from overseas after a 3 day delay via London and HK (thank you BA! aarghh......)

Modified the advert for the 1974 Blue Targa; new price and my personal contact details. Oh and finally posted details on the introduction thread a file pic of the other car I own, a 1993 964 Cabrio as promised a month ago.

cheers

Emmanuel 

Finally something interesting, a Carrera GT for $99k 

cp5596278035488136530.jpg?aspect=centere

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4159322?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA 

This exact car was sold to this owner with 158'000kms in 2013, now advertised with 58'000kms.......things that make you go hmmmm

This exact car was sold to this owner with 158'000kms in 2013, now advertised with 58'000kms.......things that make you go hmmmm

Is that right? How do you know?

EDIT:

Googled it...

See post #50

Anyone a member of the early911sregistry that can get the image saved in this post:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?69805-Current-Porsche-Sleepers-968-CS-amp-other-nominations-please-!/page5

Edited by GUT

Add says 68500km and could all be down to the 5 digit display in the odo....?

You see a lot of 924/ 944s advertised with what the odo is showing but they could be 100k or 200k more..... full service history is only way to tell, no history assume the worst... for better or worse.

Add says 68500km and could all be down to the 5 digit display in the odo....?

You see a lot of 924/ 944s advertised with what the odo is showing but they could be 100k or 200k more..... full service history is only way to tell, no history assume the worst... for better or worse.

A friend has shown me the original ad from 2013 and other bits and bobs, it showed 158'000kms, maybe it just clocked over being a 5 digit display, but no log books to confirm, and not many of these came to Australia, so each one is pretty well known by the relevant community, my friend is part of that 924 CGT enthusiast community.

Also seats should have red pipping, so a 58'000km car should not need to have the seats redone in my opinion

Anyway, I'm sure it's a good car for the right person, it's just that reading the ad one draws the conclusion it's a 58'000km car, which would make it quite a find and well worth the asking

A friend has shown me the original ad from 2013 and other bits and bobs, it showed 158'000kms, maybe it just clocked over being a 5 digit display, but no log books to confirm, and not many of these came to Australia, so each one is pretty well known by the relevant community, my friend is part of that 924 CGT enthusiast community.

Also seats should have red pipping, so a 58'000km car should not need to have the seats redone in my opinion

Anyway, I'm sure it's a good car for the right person, it's just that reading the ad one draws the conclusion it's a 58'000km car, which would make it quite a find and well worth the asking

A car like that with no log books, i find that hard to fathom, some people aren't fussed by things like that but i would want proven history for that kind of coin.

A car like that with no log books, i find that hard to fathom, some people aren't fussed by things like that but i would want proven history for that kind of coin.

I was interested in the car but now Im having grave doubts! No need to get a PPI when I have the PFA - Incorrect piping and no service records have me a little worried But then I see the warping on the glove box and speaker grille ( not sure if this is common ) and then question if it has had a hard life in the sun - Then trying to sell it to myself the paint looks great as does the engine bay

Someone buy it and get me out of my misery ( Tried to ring the owner today but have yet to hear back .....? )

I was interested in the car but now Im having grave doubts! No need to get a PPI when I have the PFA - Incorrect piping and no service records have me a little worried But then I see the warping on the glove box and speaker grille ( not sure if this is common ) and then question if it has had a hard life in the sun - Then trying to sell it to myself the paint looks great as does the engine bay

Someone buy it and get me out of my misery ( Tried to ring the owner today but have yet to hear back .....? )

Regarding the warping of the dash / interior plastics, that is very common in 924's, it all depends how long they have spent sunbaking...........and with that huge rear glasshouse hatch, there is a lot of light coming in to those cars

Though I haven't confirmed, I was told it was restored in 2009, paint etc, so that may explain the shiny exterior vs more aged interior...again PPI should tell

Still a very rare car, only 15 came to Australia...and not that many left

Books sometimes turn up....I know one lucky bloke that had his books turn up through a chance meeting right here on PFA !!

It seems like the owner has a lot of cars / stuff going on, chances are he plain forgot how many kms it had etc, so most probably just looked at the speedo and took it at face value, which we all know is sketchy at best with 924's (5 digit and they also stop working half the time)

For those that want a scalpel .....968 CS

968.jpg

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4162275?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

I love the spin on this one to justify the asking price .....

In summation .... Convertible, Import, RHD converted, painted in non-original colour and non matching numbers

But .... according to the spiel ..... "it ticks some very desirable boxes" .......... hmmmmmm, which ones?? :wacko: 

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1987/OAG-AD-13054751/?Cr=107

I love the spin on this one to justify the asking price .....

In summation .... Convertible, Import, RHD converted, painted in non-original colour and non matching numbers

But .... according to the spiel ..... "it ticks some very desirable boxes" .......... hmmmmmm, which ones?? :wacko: 

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1987/OAG-AD-13054751/?Cr=107

It's a factory widebody with a turbo conversion - some may consider that desirable? You won't notice the conversion or non factory colour from the drivers seat, it will just feel like a 930 cab. You don't get much in an AC 911 under 100k these days and to most people whom are not buying to sell but to enjoy I'd say this does tick a few boxes - providing your into wide, red, convertible 911's :)

It's a factory widebody with a turbo conversion - some may consider that desirable? You won't notice the conversion or non factory colour from the drivers seat, it will just feel like a 930 cab. You don't get much in an AC 911 under 100k these days and to most people whom are not buying to sell but to enjoy I'd say this does tick a few boxes - providing your into wide, red, convertible 911's :)

agreed - seems reasonably priced looking at some of the other air cooled sales of late. Wide body cabs look awesome especially in guards red