Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Well it does have super low kms, I always keep an eye on the 930 market, I don't think I've seen one offered in the last 3 years with that low kms

I do know the owner, it's a very clean and unmolested car

It also has all the original emissions equipment, which just about every 930 I've seen for sale is missing / aftermarket exhaust etc

HF sold a 2,000k 930 in the very high 200's a couple of months back, was like brand new. Some sellers of various A/C models are getting extremely delusional with their pricing of late .... missed the boat with laughable prices I'm afraid ... How many 930's on Carsales now 1'2 last time I looked and that's just on one website. $329,000 hahahahah GLWS, gonna need it to achieve anywhere near high 200's....

I wonder if that's the car that sold earlier this year? A guy contacted PFA once fishing for a value of his immaculate low kms blue 930. We had several chats and I had to let him know that his car was worth a little more than the $120k he thought. I through out $250k as a value and I think that's what it finally went for. Recent CTS experience would suggest that $250 -$260k is still top value for a 930, unless of course you find a dreadlock in the back seat ;) 

Well it does have super low kms, I always keep an eye on the 930 market, I don't think I've seen one offered in the last 3 years with that low kms

you need to get those eyes checked Rob ?. Blue 930 with 60k sold earlier this year for $250k (might be the same car - but you might know if you know the owner) and CTS sold a silver one with 50k for the same price a few months back. Another silver CTS car with 90k just sold for about $230k, but that was a 79.

CTS have just sold a blue 85 with 140k for around $250k, but wasn't in as good condition as this car looks. It certainly looks to be the car that should creep up to the $300k ceiling, but that much over seems dubious

I wonder if that's the car that sold earlier this year? A guy contacted PFA once fishing for a value of his immaculate low kms blue 930. We had several chats and I had to let him know that his car was worth a little more than the $120k he thought. I through out $250k as a value and I think that's what it finally went for. Recent CTS experience would suggest that $250 -$260k is still top value for a 930, unless of course you find a dreadlock in the back seat ;) 

you need to get those eyes checked Rob ?. Blue 930 with 60k sold earlier this year for $250k (might be the same car - but you might know if you know the owner) and CTS sold a silver one with 50k for the same price a few months back. Another silver CTS car with 90k just sold for about $230k, but that was a 79.

CTS have just sold a blue 85 with 140k for around $250k, but wasn't in as good condition as this car looks. It certainly looks to be the car that should creep up to the $300k ceiling, but that much over seems dubious

Sold them to whom.. I said it last year and I will say it again.. when we are pretty much must be members of most clubs , trackdays and c+c meets , how come so many of these cars are never to be seen again..   Its a bit like find the joker game , the cars are moved around place to place in little black boxes , popping up in Gosford , CTS and Duttons ,  its the game , you think that you can win ..but really its misdirection and illusion.   NOW YOU SEE ME!!

So ok bragging rights ..anyone know someone who bought these cars for real..

I got many a stash.. but none of those … 280 pfffffff  things,  is anyone quite that stupid, no offence Tom you have two peaches and I know you have softspot for them and their your passion and its nice to think we have something thats appreciating.. but most of whats talked and discussed other than your cars .. do we have any hard proof its ahappening other than the very rare and occasional buy.  One buyer external to you a single foolish buyer dont define a market

Watch these guys …just small shells  they think they can beat the dude 100 bucks and up ..  Yes you got Im going against the monkeys song  I'm NO BELIEVER… 930 and TT illusion , it used to be GT3's 

This 85 928 has been advertised for a while for $27k, dropped recently to $24k or something and now down to $19k. Still with very little info and no pictures, except one ripped off the internet, and of the wrong car model.

"Car is being restored and will be drivable once mechanic is finished" well then WTF are you trying to sell it now!!

and "Comes with mags" pleasing to know that it will not be sitting on it's belly when you go to see it..... basically a crap ad all round.....!!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/south-yarra/cars-vans-utes/reduced-1985-porsche-928s-mechanics-being-restored-now-24999/1118958862

I do know the owner, it's a very clean and unmolested car

It also has all the original emissions equipment, which just about every 930 I've seen for sale is missing / aftermarket exhaust etc

You only have Magnus Walker to thank for the crazy prices on these 930s. Ever since he sourced one from here, the prices have shot through the roof. 

You only have Magnus Walker to thank for the crazy prices on these 930s. Ever since he sourced one from here, the prices have shot through the roof. 

Ahhh they all went overseas then ? I think maybe pre aircool bubble?  Bloody Magnus …..market  effects 

Where the positivity from Byron Symsey? Mung beans giving you the squits again ;) 

of course dealers sell cars (that's their job). Of course they talk them up (that's their job) but if they weren't selling them they wouldn't be in business. Pretty poor of them not to be handing out the names and addresses of every buyer though...

Edited by turboT

Where the positivity from Byron Symsey? Mung beans giving you the squits again ;) 

of course dealers sell cars (that's their job). Of course they talk them up (that's their job) but if they weren't selling them they wouldn't be in business. Pretty poor of them not to be handing out the names and addresses of every buyer though...

Show me .. As I said , I like you would like to see those fat hipped investments in my garage go through the roof price wise…  but yet I see a GLUT .. and I really havent met across three states more than one person whos actually traded one of those cars in the past 10 months .  Now let me think I have been to C+C  brissy ,melbourne , goldcoast , Rensport , a few track events , two Pcar meets and the two club meets .. you would have thought just more than one of those cars might just show up ..

But yes the TT market going gangbusters and crazy.. dont think so …. I think the same can be said for the lessers rare 930s … whats are we talking here 107 TTs I believe and how many 930's

Anyway Tom just provoking a reality check, sorry if it hits a nerve wasnt personal to you .. but i can say this your not the 930 market no more than Magnus buddy

I cant wait for the day theres a decent auction or sales record site and then the little car world mafia/illuminati can stop creating this false perceptions that my view. Pay what their worth not what the penis envy club says so .

I liken the whole thing to teenage sex , everyones talking about it but no ones actually doing it !!

Surprised the Bamboo SC is still available, especially at $73K:  http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1981/SSE-AD-4201217/?Cr=2

Has anyone seen it , The colour does grab you after a while hey 

Surprised the Bamboo SC is still available, especially at $73K:  http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1981/SSE-AD-4201217/?Cr=2

It's the K's I tells ya! 325,000 and no engine work mentioned and put your afro wig and fake mo on to match the interior ... Knock 15% off and there's your sale!

.. you would have thought just more than one of those cars might just show up ..

I did see the VAS/WA/Wong silver German loud beasty 930 at the RSR Brighton meet as well as I think the yella terra Carrera turned wild turbo beast.

Some cars are changing hands.

But they're not the mega bucks ones. Though there are some lovely cars floating around being used but not being marketed.

If they are being bought, the new owners should come out to play!

No offence taken Symsy. Having just spent SC money on LCT clearly I am just after some new mates with similar poor judgement ?

LCT  -  Limp Cock Tingles mate … it happens to all of us when we find these pearls overseas…if theres one thing worse than the dealers its the fricken govt and taxes …..my penis shrivels at even the thought of LCT ..

I still wanna know when TOMS Cruise  is happening.. I will throw shit at ya out the back of my TT ;)

LCT  -  Limp Cock Tingles mate … it happens to all of us when we find these pearls overseas…if theres one thing worse than the dealers its the fricken govt and taxes …..my penis shrivels at even the thought of LCT ..

I still wanna know when TOMS Cruise  is happening.. I will throw shit at ya out the back of my TT ;)

as soon as it clears compliance I will start planning

Someone's gonna be happy

Seriously thats good money for a shell , rolling …and that interior … shit put some stickers on it ..pretend your a SHEIK or something , drop in a big motor ..

Yep new number plate and that cars is fixed  SHEIK

oh and diamonte iphone case of course 

Sold them to whom.. I said it last year and I will say it again.. when we are pretty much must be members of most clubs , trackdays and c+c meets , how come so many of these cars are never to be seen again..   Its a bit like find the joker game , the cars are moved around place to place in little black boxes , popping up in Gosford , CTS and Duttons ,  its the game , you think that you can win ..but really its misdirection and illusion.   NOW YOU SEE ME!!

So ok bragging rights ..anyone know someone who bought these cars for real..

I got many a stash.. but none of those … 280 pfffffff  things,  is anyone quite that stupid, no offence Tom you have two peaches and I know you have softspot for them and their your passion and its nice to think we have something thats appreciating.. but most of whats talked and discussed other than your cars .. do we have any hard proof its ahappening other than the very rare and occasional buy.  One buyer external to you a single foolish buyer dont define a market

Watch these guys …just small shells  they think they can beat the dude 100 bucks and up ..  Yes you got Im going against the monkeys song  I'm NO BELIEVER… 930 and TT illusion , it used to be GT3's 

symsy

You been hitting the Byron Bay peace pipe? 

Let's start at the beginning. Only a small percentage of Porsche owners are members of clubs and most private collectors aren't. It's pretty obvious, because most of the cars that appear on this thread are unknown. Occasionally, when there is some "history" to the car, it is known about, but in general, most aren't. By way of example, look at all the 930's for sale. i bet that between everybody, we only know the owners of a couple of them. There are many cars out there that you wouldn't know about and which change hands without anybody outside of the transaction knowing about. 

As for your accusation of smoke and mirrors, I am sure it happens occasionally, but the vast majority do sell, and for the top dollar, although often nowhere near the ticket price. And while I don't personally know any buyers, I do know somebody (a father at my daughters school) who told me his friend had bought the silver 930 from CTS (I told Tom the price about 3 weeks ago). And if it is an illusion, it is a very expensive one because I know they have also written a pretty hefty cheques (metaphoric - it was a money transfer) to an owner whose car was on assignment.

Bottom line is, while I cannot talk about Duttons, I know enough people who have bought and sold cars through CTS to know that the vast majority of their claimed sales are actual sales. because i don't know every single one, I cannot rule out some smoke and mirrors, but they seem to be able to pay some pretty big bills which suggests some money coming in from somewhere.