Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

and the 901 boys thought we were larrikins... Those kidders ???

car it seems also has 'odd' vin stamp

http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?t=3176

Edited by michel

I wonder if that's the car that sold earlier this year? A guy contacted PFA once fishing for a value of his immaculate low kms blue 930. We had several chats and I had to let him know that his car was worth a little more than the $120k he thought. I through out $250k as a value and I think that's what it finally went for. Recent CTS experience would suggest that $250 -$260k is still top value for a 930, unless of course you find a dreadlock in the back seat ;) 

you need to get those eyes checked Rob ?. Blue 930 with 60k sold earlier this year for $250k (might be the same car - but you might know if you know the owner) and CTS sold a silver one with 50k for the same price a few months back. Another silver CTS car with 90k just sold for about $230k, but that was a 79.

CTS have just sold a blue 85 with 140k for around $250k, but wasn't in as good condition as this car looks. It certainly looks to be the car that should creep up to the $300k ceiling, but that much over seems dubious

It's not the chap that approached the forum thinking his 930 was only worth $70K, I too helped him offline, lovely chap that moved to Texas, that was blue with maroon trim...and he did indicate he got very high 200's...with a confidentiality clause!!!....this is some insight that the high end collectors are not wishing to advertise their business to the cars and coffee crowd...like the majority of us (me included)

In relation to the CTS blue 930 that sold recently? If it's this one pictured below, you'll see it had 143'000kms 

1.jpg

I liken the whole thing to teenage sex , everyones talking about it but no ones actually doing it !!

Except for the LA smugwanker ;)

Anyways , what do the insurance companies think about all these old 911s with pec and butt implants? Surely if you paid north of 250k you'd want full coverage ; but do the insurers want to play ball or hard to get on this matter? 

What's a rolled minter 930 worth,  after repair?

The current P car "bubble" does not affect Cayenne's, as nice a vehicle as they are.... if you have a $40k offer grab it, cause it is twice what it is worth!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2004-V8-Porsche-Cayenne-S-Gold-/112116912590?hash=item1a1ab051ce:g:htoAAOSwdIFXx9Qo

Owner needs to do a tad of research on used car values.....

Except for the LA smugwanker ;)

Anyways , what do the insurance companies think about all these old 911s with pec and butt implants? Surely if you paid north of 250k you'd want full coverage ; but do the insurers want to play ball or hard to get on this matter? 

you dark horse Taz... Wot u been doing then...

what would one be worth post roll over? Depends if our mate in the blue mountains was effecting a repair or Mr R Goodman ESQ.

Nobody believes I owned it because I spent 8 years without any club memberships, forum posts or track days and without taking it to any club events. I must have simply converted a C2 at the last minute ;):D

c4 more like

OTLW is fully insured for 'north' of that figure, despite my lack of points, for $1800 a year. Not historic rates I know but I thought not bad. No questions asked on valuation - I just gave them a figure. The Aussi car is insured slightly south of that figure for just over $1000 from memory. The valuation came from Autohaus on that one and the insurance company just excepted it.

The current P car "bubble" does not affect Cayenne's, as nice a vehicle as they are.... if you have a $40k offer grab it, cause it is twice what it is worth!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2004-V8-Porsche-Cayenne-S-Gold-/112116912590?hash=item1a1ab051ce:g:htoAAOSwdIFXx9Qo

Owner needs to do a tad of research on used car values.....

A very nice one sold here a few weeks ago for $20k. Knew of one that needed tidying up for $16k

Don't know why everyone is riled up about 930 prices... They're dime a dozen compared to the right 356! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-356-1954/OAG-AD-13090332 

Fact : the old Prof got a $243,000 bonus from Hitler in 1938 ; even he'd be able to afford one now!

A couple of months ago people were saying k's don't matter, bullshit.

Ks plus number of starts , number of trips made in stop/start traffic and number of times car lent to spouse/GF/kids/mates/valets/mechanics.

Rubbery figures , but figure to replace all rubber for a start. A big , expensive job even if you DIY. Or just leave it to deteriorate further like so many used cars - including Porsches.