Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

PERIOD CORRECT BLAUPUNKT STEREO.

meaning it has a period correct (mid 90's) Blaupunkt stereo in it.

Not that hard to understand really.

Easy tiger! They have now altered the ad. It used to say "Period correct matching numbers", which is a totally meaningless description. 

As a repairable write-off it wouldnt have been repaired under insurance .... it was probably written off as the damage exceeded the value of the car .....

This then puts doubt as to the extent of the damage .... that and it has that title on it for life ....

Personally, I wouldn't touch it .... but that's just my view. Others feel differently and that's cool too ....

If my memory services me correctly, their was a 996tt that looked, smelt and appeared to be very similiar to that being advertised that was up for grabs for about $64k about 18 months ago (cheapest 996tt manual registered / running that I have seen advertised for 3 years.  It was a WA car so I suspect their would be some WA service stamps in that cars logbook.  If I recall correctly, the disclosure was it was stolen and recovered and had some quarter panel damage that was repaired.   It sold pretty quickly for a 996tt (eg a week or so if I recall)

If applying say, a 30% discount for dirty imports, do we apply the same discount for dirty WOVR's? 

Seriously if you find a car thats WOVR 30% off thats been converted - 10% and an non matching engine - 10% and its a dirty import - 30% I will have it for a Hotrod build 

Im looking   c2 , c4 , 993 c4s , a Turbo any year or and RS variant

I like the millennium 911, but that one is waaaaay overpriced

It's very interesting, because afaik only three of these came to Australia and they've all been offered for sale in the last six months! The lowest mileage example at 95K km is #102/911 and is currently for private sale here at $55K. It certainly seems a better deal than the one above which has almost double the mileage for virtually the same asking price. That's a hefty dealer premium.

The second vehicle, #121/911, had 131K on the odo and was priced at $55K. It sold last August, I think.

ONLY A HANDFUL OF THESE CARS WERE DELIVERED IN AUSTRALIA. ""THIS IS AS RARE AS IT GETS FOR A PORSCHE."" Really?? Also rare as there wont be one in Aust with as high Klms either! Hahahha who cares ....still looks like a club booth from a cigar lounge, and a sickly one at that.

@sandy468, the first time I saw the Millennium interior it visibly shocked me - it was worse than the pictures! But a second viewing had me warming to it. It's certainly different to your bog standard black or silver on black.

It's very interesting, because afaik only three of these came to Australia and they've all been offered for sale in the last six months! The lowest mileage example at 95K km is #102/911 and is currently for private sale here at $55K. It's certainly seems a better deal than this one, with almost double the mileage for close to the same asking price. That's a hefty dealer premium.

The second vehicle, #121/911, had 131K and was asking $55K. It sold last August, I think.

@sandy468, the first time I saw the Millennium interior it visibly shocked me - it was worse than the pictures! But a second viewing had me warming to it. It's certainly different to your bog standard black or silver on black.

I would love it, anything to get away from boring black or grey interiors.... love being in my Burgundy 928 interior :wub:

It's very interesting, because afaik only three of these came to Australia and they've all been offered for sale in the last six months! The lowest mileage example at 95K km is #102/911 and is currently for private sale here at $55K. It certainly seems a better deal than the one above which has almost double the mileage for virtually the same asking price. That's a hefty dealer premium.

The second vehicle, #121/911, had 131K on the odo and was priced at $55K. It sold last August, I think.

I've noticed that there have been 3 for sale. I doubt they will be a collectors item in the future, maybe they might command a slight premium over a standard manual 996...

You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

One for the fans or RHD and 'projects'

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/surfers-paradise/cars-vans-utes/porsche-1970-911t/1140381901

Anyone looked into this car, or is it a little suspect, love to here from anyone that has already looked into it.

Cayman gurus ..generally these cars run out at 10-20k cheaper than this one .. and generally you dont get much of your money back for your motorsports mods..

Whats your views on price and this car ?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2006/SSE-AD-4522060/?Cr=11

I know nufink about these shrunken mid engine 911s other than they handle

Anyone looked into this car, or is it a little suspect, love to here from anyone that has already looked into it.

My feeling is that it is very over priced. It's an imported sporto in need of a full rebuild including engine with key parts missing. There is no indication of what else is included or not included, but you can bet you will need a lot of parts. I think it would be a huge moneypit and is worth half if what he is asking and then only to somebody who wants a project car to do themselves.

He's pricing the orange bling bits at somewhere between $20-30K...

Yep, good luck with getting even 20% of his mod cash back - reckons $80k of mods, I can see maybe $30k - otherwise well he must have walked into the P dealer with an open cheque book and said, " I want you to get this this and that and fit it all up - and any other suggestions to take my money, I'll leave it up to you guys"  .....

noting @SimonN comments, I'd agree a bit over the odds given the array of RHD cars on the market.

However if your budget requires some restraint, then buying a project car and building over time can make something like this attractive.

But as Simon says... don't underestimate the fundamentals involved in a build  of this magnitude. 

Though if orig RHD is a must have as is a pre 74 vin and irrespective of the sporto comment as its a minor bottom cough in the scheme of things, how many early car ( project) opportunities are you all seeing?

so in concluding. Maybe good buying if you're  motivated and spanner handy and remembering not all cars need or should have to be pristine numbers matching and AH drive day worthy ... world gone mad 

Q.  So quick one fingered typers what would you pay? 

Edited by michel