What's putting a smile on your dial?

I really shouldn't laugh, but I couldn't help it today.

Sitting at the lights on a brisk morning, I watched a bloke buck naked run across the forecourt of  servo and sprint inside 😳

My first concern was he was going to have a go at the cashier girl, so I parked up and called the cops. Whilst on the phone to them, ol mate just started grabbing some choccie bars and munching away happy as Larry. He was obviously off his chops on something. A younger girl was filling up her car, so I told her about nudey man and to be careful. She came out from paying saying thanks and "Poor bugger must be bloody cold!" 😂  I haven't had a laugh like that for a while.

Got to my second job half hour later, and with me being a massive dog lover I'm always happy to see dogs onsite and say gday. One Maltese was a very happy guy, yet when I followed the client to show me what I had to do, the other one ran behind and bit me above my ankle the little bastard! I made sure the owner didn't chastise the dog, as he was only looking after his master and I had another laugh.

Got halfway to 3rd job, and there was this feral gronk on a pushbike carrying a box of beers whilst being a dick and riding all over the road, footpath and giving drivers shit with the middle finger etc. Well karma got him and got him good! Huge stack going over the bars and probably smashed half of his beers all over the footpath 😂😂😂😂 I nearly had to pull over I was laughing so hard 😂

It's been an entertaining day that's for sure 😁

On 17/04/2021 at 20:15, LeeM said:

A smile a mile wide being at Mallala historic racing today. Who needs The Bend when you have this place!? 

No question about it, The Bend is a world class venue, yet it has the soul of an empty carpark! I've been there 3 or 4 times now, and every time you can't even buy a sandwich without having to be told you have to leave the circuit and go to the local servo (also owned by the circuit owners). For those who drive there it is probably a demanding track and fun to drive on, yet as a spectator it isn't that interesting, so for me to head back there again will have to have something very, very special to be on. 

Mallala however is an old school old venue that has much better spectator viewing and up close action, gravel and grass carpark and pits, sheds all over the place for the competitors, onsite food and drink facilities and more soul than The Bend will ever possess. The owners (who also own The Bend) really should do a Goodwood style thing there with period signage and embrace yesteryear (I'd heard a rumour they were going to do that), yet even as it is now its a cool place to be and a great day with a good crowd able to wall around checking out all the old race cars and see the smiles on the competitors faces. Historic racing absolutely shits on modern racing for spectacle and better racing

Never raced at the Bend but been to Mallala a LOT.

Great and under rated track.  Very technical.  Has history  

The “Facilities” ... how  those “grandstands” have not been condemned is beyond me.  The most hardened rigger would give it the “fark that” if you asked them to climb up ... And yet we do.

And the pits.  Yes they are.  Tin sheds that you wouldn’t think about putting your lawn mower in.

My local Karting track has more modern scutineering sheds.

The dummy grid is a challenge as any car with serious lock stops won’t make the left hand turn to enter the track

Shelter and shade - that’s for (insert preferred designation as I’m not game to just in case I try to run for PM and someone checks these posts out and I have to abort the run for Canberra)

And because of all that, it’s one of my favourite ever tracks.

Couldn't think of anything more boring looking at 20 different models of the same brand but they all look the same.

Bit like Japanese sports bikes, only difference is the colour scheme

And sorry there is no way you are going to get me to wear a leather jacket with tassles or pay $100 for a t-shirt with a HD logo on it  😂

At least I ride my bike further than the local cafe.

6 hours ago, 3legs said:

At least I ride my bike further than the local cafe.

Like around Australia on a BMW sidecar with its own fridge that turns into a bed, and winch for when you get stuck in the mud! You're off ya chops mad mate 😂